Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 09:05   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Neilguy, everyone would suggest not to go in for a Demo car. It is simply not worth it. Demo car would be surely used & abused for the 15k kms and how sure can you be that the Odo isnt tampered. What is the price qoted for the fiesta s?
That's a very good point. But will this car be any more abused than an enthusiast owned car or less abused because the test drives are generally "monitored" by dealer personnel. The quoted price is 6.35 lacs negotiable for Jun 2008 Fiesta S and 7.35 for Jun 2009 Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:56   #2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banarsi View Post
Hi Folks

What should be a reasonable price for a 2001 Accent GLS which has done 51000 Km? Self driven, first owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Check if this is the only car the owner has. If yes, only 51K Kms in 10 years is not practical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
80k if the car is really well maintained.its a 9+year old accent after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I would say anything between 1.1 and 1.3L depending on the car condition,

Understood sir, but this is an Accent, although 10 years old, but yes, you can expect around 1.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banarsi View Post
Thanks, I hope to be able to sell the car in about a months time and will post what I actually get for the car
Thanks for all the inputs. Finally sold the car for 1.4L on Diwali day and have bought an Optra Magnum. Will post details of that on a separate thread

regards
Old 7th November 2010, 11:02   #2418
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I would suggest you stay away from any Demo car's, unless you get it as a steal, so that you can use it for a year or two and dispose it off, before problems start cropping up.

They would be definitely abused by multiple drivers, and almost always the car's would not have even got a proper run in. I personally have seen, TD cars getting ripped heartlessly by 'so-claimed' enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
But will this car be any more abused than an enthusiast owned car or less abused because the test drives are generally "monitored" by dealer personnel.
For your info, a true enthusiast never abuses his/her cars. Revving it up doenst mean we are abusing cars. Well, some cars are meant to be revv'd hard. (OHC vtec?)
Old 7th November 2010, 11:22   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
That's a very good point. But will this car be any more abused than an enthusiast owned car or less abused because the test drives are generally "monitored" by dealer personnel. The quoted price is 6.35 lacs negotiable for Jun 2008 Fiesta S and 7.35 for Jun 2009 Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Neil, you can get a 2008 Fiesta S for less than 5.5L direct from the owner (Pre-owned). I would suggest you explore this option rather than TD Cars. With the new Fiesta planned to be launched next year, the current fiesta will carry some discounts. If you are planning to keep the car for atleast 5-6 years, I would suggest you wait till the new Fiesta hits the road so that you can bargain hard on the current fiesta model.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:04   #2420
BANNED

Has anyone picked up a Civic recently. Age of the car is not important. Even the older ones are still good. What's the going rates for Civics.

Secondly, how are the Sonata's (Old & New)? Are they worth buying?
Old 7th November 2010, 14:19   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer 4x4 View Post
Experts -

I'm in Bangalore, looking around for a car around 2-3L... Shortlisted the following, need to take a call fast as I have no wheels as of now. Cant afford to spend time looking around anymore...

What would be a good price for -
1. 05 Baleno Vxi - Good condition, very well maintained, run 40K, asking 3.4L
2. 04 Baleno Lxi - Not maintained very well, bad tires, gas fitted & run, 66K, asking 3.00L
3. 04 Baleno Lxi - Maintained only at Mandovi, good running condition, minor scratches outside, run 80K, asking 3.25L
4. 01 OHC 1.5 - Brilliantly maintained, decent tires, single owner run only 56K. Asking 2.85L

please put in your 2 cents...
Thanks in Advance...

IMHO...
the '01 OHC beats ANY baleno having done ANY kind of mileage in ANY condition hands down! and its cheaper than all the other 3.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:05   #2422
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Dunno about the Civics, but Sonatas, they are damn cheap!. My friend got hold of a 03/04 model(petrol) recently for just about 2L in Kerala. Good Car, with perfect mechanicals, but then, the niggling problems, like falling mirrors, electricals come with the package. Spares too, are hard to find and pricey.

IMO, go for the civic, even though you wont get them dead cheap as the sonatas, they come with Honda reliability, and while buying a used car, I guess thats the most important thing.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:42   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer 4x4 View Post
Experts -

I'm in Bangalore, looking around for a car around 2-3L... Shortlisted the following, need to take a call fast as I have no wheels as of now. Cant afford to spend time looking around anymore...

What would be a good price for -
1. 05 Baleno Vxi - Good condition, very well maintained, run 40K, asking 3.4L
2. 04 Baleno Lxi - Not maintained very well, bad tires, gas fitted & run, 66K, asking 3.00L
3. 04 Baleno Lxi - Maintained only at Mandovi, good running condition, minor scratches outside, run 80K, asking 3.25L
4. 01 OHC 1.5 - Brilliantly maintained, decent tires, single owner run only 56K. Asking 2.85L

please put in your 2 cents...
Thanks in Advance...
Despite the OHC being a good car from these choices, I'd suggest the 05 Baleno Vxi reasons:-
- the newest in the bunch you've mentioned and well maintained
- I know a few Baleno owners and the car is relatively niggle-free if regularly serviced
- The Vxi is superbly kitted ACC and height-adjust drivers seat come to mind - a fact that isn't very well known
- The engine is no vtec, but its a very good one nevertheless. decently powerful and very very smooth revving

There are other good bit if you dont mind the shape and design of the rear then i'd plump for this one. The price also seems about right 3-3.2 should be the lowest. A friend bought a 2005 Vxi run around 60K kms in Mumbai for ~ Rs 2.8L/- (this was from another family friend of his so it was heavily discounted)

I would be hesitant to recommend the OHC as its 9 yrs old already (I know these cars last n last...but 9 years is a LONG time in car terms). Plus t'aint a vtec
Old 7th November 2010, 18:00   #2424
BHPian

guys, I am currently embarked on a long search for a pre-worshiped sedan. Am looking at Cedia Sports, Chevy Optra Magnum or Fiesta S (or Zxi). My budget is strapped at 5.5L (lesser the better) for 2008 & above model (latest is better). It would be great if any someone help me with the current ongoing prices of the above listed cars.
Old 8th November 2010, 01:38   #2425
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ If I were you, I would pick the Fiesta S. You can get plenty of well maintained 1-2 yr old examples for your budget.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:57   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
^^ If I were you, I would pick the Fiesta S. You can get plenty of well maintained 1-2 yr old examples for your budget.
Fiesta S would be best suited to the stated requirements and budget. But in my past 3 months of searching, I didn't come across many Fiesta 1.6S' (only 1) in my city. Maybe the owners don't want to sell them once they drive it.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:09   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta S would be best suited to the stated requirements and budget. But in my past 3 months of searching, I didn't come across many Fiesta 1.6S' (only 1) in my city. Maybe the owners don't want to sell them once they drive it.
Good suggestion to go for a Fiesta S but I hardly see any 2nd hand Fiesta S's that are up for sale. Even if I google directly, I dont see any.
Old 10th November 2010, 22:19   #2428
BHPian

Guys need you input to decide on a car for my wife.

Option 1 - Maruti Zen Vxi 2002 model 60K KM done, new Bridgestone tyres, and 1year old battery. Vehicle in stock condition no dents or scratches, but lost the shine (hope polishing will bring the shine back). Only issue is the current owner is 2nd owner (Purchased in 2005 from Maruti True value). The first owner had driven close to 30K.
asking price 1.6L (price coated when asked for maruti exchange 1.5L and 10K bonus). Owner is my dad’s friend. Reason for sale buying a new Swift.

Option 2 - 2002 Daewoo Matiz (model without body colour bumpers) - Single owner, 40K KM done till date, in stock condition. headlight is lost the shine. tyres in fair condition. Few scratches on the doors (happened at parking lot). Car self driven at Mysore daily from house to hospital and back home. Might be maximum of 8 to 10 long drives (about 300Km max).
Asking price 75K. Owner is my uncle. Reason for sale buying a new Ritz.

The price quoted is the price from by the Maruti true value dealers.

My wife still needs to learn how to drive and will be used mainly in Bangalore city.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:13   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Option 1 - Maruti Zen Vxi 2002
asking price 1.6L (price coated when asked for maruti exchange 1.5L and 10K bonus).

Option 2 - 2002 Daewoo Matiz
Asking price 75K.
Both are looking good since you know the owners personally and there is genuine reason for selling.

My suggestion would be Zen - for VXI model, new tyres, new battery if you can get it for 1.4L it would be a great deal, max 1.5L.
You didn't mention the engine condition? Did you take a test drive?
Does it have music system? IIRC, in 2002 Zen came with Cassette players.

And IMO, Matiz is worth max 60k.

EDIT: If you happen to drop-out of these deals, pass the references over to me, if you don't mind. Bcos I am also looking for used hatchback for my wife.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 11th November 2010 at 10:17.
Old 11th November 2010, 12:27   #2430
BHPian

The Zen has the company fitted kenwood cassette player. I did take a test drive there was no problem except the rear parcel tray use to rattle at bumps. engine sounds very new.

I cannot negotiate with the price because the price mentioned is offered by Maruti true value.

I will surely let you know the details if i drop the plan.
Matiz will be available only in Jan 2011, because Maruti has given a delivery period for Ritzs on Jan 2011.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks