Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:24   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
They are launching RS with the same engine -it should have fogs too .
I am highly unlikely to spend extra 3-4 lakhs for fancier colors/alloys, skirts (or pants, hats, belts, spoilers) and stiffer suspension (than already is), unless the RS was going to come with the 200 bhp version of the TSI engine, which it does in other parts of the world, but not happening here clearly.

That kind of extra cash would be better spent in upgrading the cook/maid to a small hatch for buying veggies and running errands
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:28   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
I am highly unlikely to spend extra 3-4 lakhs for fancier colors/alloys, skirts (or pants, hats, belts, spoilers) and stiffer suspension (than already is), unless the RS was going to come with the 200 bhp version of the TSI engine, which it does in other parts of the world, but not happening here clearly.

That kind of extra cash would be better spent in upgrading the cook/maid to a small hatch for buying veggies and running errands
In that case wait for the end of the month. The RS might come with a 200bhp engine. A Skoda dealer told me a few days ago. I don't believe them but this chap seemed confident. It probably is not true but either way if you wait till then you can get the ambiente with fogs too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:37   #108
BHPian

Hey skjlives, dealing with Skoda dealers is a saga and I can vouch for that. But the vehicle is sheer joy.

Did you try calling up Skoda Aurangabad directly and checking on 'fogs'? You may settle for a without fogs vehicle in desperation, but the black sockets will continue to pinch forever. It may be better to wait for a while / change dealer.

While Black vehicle will look great (personal choice), maintaining it will be extremly difficult in our conditions (unless you plan to have a chauffer who will be careful while cleaning the car).

Best of luck!
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:39   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
In that case wait for the end of the month. The RS might come with a 200bhp engine. A Skoda dealer told me a few days ago. I don't believe them but this chap seemed confident. It probably is not true but either way if you wait till then you can get the ambiente with fogs too.
If they do launch the 200 Bhp version and surprise everybody, then it will be very choosy about the fuel it will drink. It will require higher octane petrol IMO. I think quality of our fuel must have been the main deterrent for Skoda to bring in the 200 Bhp version.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Unlikely Akshay. Hormazd of ACI recently tweeted that the RS will have the same engine and same tuning as the current TSI motor. And we have reason to believe so too. Skoda is having a tough time pushing out TSIs off the shelf even with massive discounts. With a petrol motor powered 200 bhp engine and expected mileage of 5-7 kmpl, RS will be DOA!

But wait I will, to try and get the proper ambiente unit, there ain't other options!
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:49   #111
BANNED

The dealer in Goa had the following offer on a Classic with modifications and RS badges. They claim that all the extra stuff is worth 4L.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Greetings of the day........

With reference to your enquiry for Laura 1.8 TSI, kindly refer to the quote given below.. Also refer to the accessories fitted on the Laura Classic and being renamed as Laura SPORTLINE..

Accessories Fitted
  1. Front sports bumper
  2. Rear diffuser
  3. Sports pedals
  4. 17" alloys with 225/45Z R17 (Dunlop tyres)
  5. RS Logo
  6. Rear spoiler
  7. Tinting on all glasses
  8. Stilt tail exhaust
  9. Sports scuff plates
Laura Classic 1.8 TSI MT
Ex Showroom Actual.................................. 12,44,977/-
Special discount offered.............................. - 45,977/-
Ex- Showroom.......................................... .. 11,99,000/-
Insurance Nil Dep HDFC ERGO................... + 35200/-
R.T.O & service Charges............................. + 75750/-
Skoda Accessories amount.......................... + 2,25,000/-
TOTAL PAYABLE AMOUNT........................ 15,34,950/-

NOTE :
We are pleased to offer you this vehicle for an on- road price of 15,30,000/- .

Hope you find our offer the best.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sales Consultant,
91********,

Priority Automobiles.
Old 8th August 2011, 02:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

I am currently debating between a Laura Tsi and a Cruze for my next car. The price diff between Classic/Ambiente here in Blr (~1.5L) has got me thinking.

Here's what classic misses out -

1. Front Centre Armrest (give a quote of ~28k by TAFE to fix this)
2. Fog Lamps (sadly no solution)
3. Parking sensors (~5-6k)
4. 15" Alloys (~38k by TAFE but might get it for a lot cheap considering how many ppl upgrade from 15" to 16/17" on their Ambiente's)
5. Height adjustment for Driver's seat (not needed)
6. Lumber support (can live without it)
7. Blues audio player instead of Swing (blessing in disguise, can shift my existing USB/BT built in setup from my old car)
8. Aux-in (would be taken care above)
9. Rear AC vents (100% of the time i sit in the front seat, couldn't care less)
10. Leather wrapped steering/gear/handbrake (would be getting Leather done anyway from Stanley aftermarket)
11. Floor mats (big deal !)
12. Storage compartment under front passenger seat (not needed)
13. Jumbo box armrest storage (included in armrest quote above)
14. Eyewear compartment (what ? )

Now looking at above, i can get Classic almost upto Ambiente trim in about 75k leading to savings of ~75k. So how does this look ?

Also, amongst the people who have it here, whats the FE you get in your Tsi in the city and on the highway. My cedia gives me about 8.5-9.5 in Blr traffic (depends on how spirited i drive) and about 10.5-11 on highway (very spirited driving). If Tsi can return similiar numbers, i can probably justify buying a petrol car over a diesel rocket to the Home minister
Old 8th August 2011, 02:57   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I am currently debating between a Laura Tsi and a Cruze for my next car. The price diff between Classic/Ambiente here in Blr (~1.5L) has got me thinking.

4. 15" Alloys (~38k by TAFE but might get it for a lot cheap considering how many ppl upgrade from 15" to 16/17" on their Ambiente's)
7. Blues audio player instead of Swing (blessing in disguise, can shift my existing USB/BT built in setup from my old car)
10. Leather wrapped steering/gear/handbrake (would be getting Leather done anyway from Stanley aftermarket)

Now looking at above, i can get Classic almost upto Ambiente trim in about 75k leading to savings of ~75k. So how does this look ?

Also, amongst the people who have it here, whats the FE you get in your Tsi in the city and on the highway. My cedia gives me about 8.5-9.5 in Blr traffic (depends on how spirited i drive) and about 10.5-11 on highway (very spirited driving). If Tsi can return similiar numbers, i can probably justify buying a petrol car over a diesel rocket to the Home minister
u forgot-
Rains sensors(headache to retrofit)
Auto dimming rear view.(again headache to retrofit as its electronic)
Heated side mirrors.
Glovebox & jumbo box temp cooling.
Front fogs(no drl & corner lights which can be activated through vcds)
remaining minused features u mentioned.

Cheers..
Old 8th August 2011, 03:02   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79
u forgot-
Rains sensors(headache to retrofit)
Auto dimming rear view.(again headache to retrofit as its electronic)
Heated side mirrors.
Glovebox & jumbo box temp cooling.
Front fogs(no drl & corner lights which can be activated through vcdAs)
remaining minused features u mentioned.

Cheers..
No Rain Sensor Wiper, Auto dimming IRVM or heated mirrors in Ambiente anymore. Foglamps and DRL yes, it will be the biggest miss but not worth 75k (nearly 9 months of petrol ) Cooled glovebox don't see much use for.
Old 8th August 2011, 06:55   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123

Also, amongst the people who have it here, whats the FE you get in your Tsi in the city and on the highway.
My june 11 TSI returns around 9 kmpl in gurgaon city traffic and around 12.5 -13 kmpl on highway (@ 110-120kmph). FE goes up significantly if one drives with a light foot.

Last edited by bloodred : 8th August 2011 at 06:56.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:18   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Wow! thats a pretty good deal considering you can get it almost upto Ambiente trip with good savings. Front fogs are still an issue on Ambiente and many Ambiente cars are still being shipped without fogs. Dealers are telling customers that fogs have been discontinued since they themselves do not know whether the fogs will be provided on Ambiente or not. You will also be able to make good savings on insurance and road tax as well since the ex showroom price is considered for these calculations and the additions you make will not be considered. Looks good mate. Just go for it. The TSI is a real hoot to drive.

Just reconfirm with them whether after market music systems can be installed easily. On our Ambiente cars, the ICE screen also doubles up as reverse parking aid. So it is not possible for us to get aftermarket systems installed. Sound quality is fantastic anyway and there is no need felt for a change.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

The basic audio system in Classic trim does not come with parking sensor display like Ambiente. Also its just a Single DIN. During the TD, Sales guy said yes to fitting aftermarket music system. Anyways i would be getting it done from a trusted guy, so no questions of splicing/cutting any wires.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:

I have reviewed both these machines and I also feel that Classic is better value for money. My comments inline:

1. Front Centre Armrest (give a quote of ~28k by TAFE to fix this) - 28k is to high check with private Skoda mechanics in Bangalore or get one online or when you are travelling to UK/Europe

4. 15" Alloys (~38k by TAFE but might get it for a lot cheap considering how many ppl upgrade from 15" to 16/17" on their Ambiente's) - I would suggest 16" aftermarket alloys and wheels, they will better looking and much cheaper.

5. Height adjustment for Driver's seat (not needed) - I think driver's seat comes with height adjust. It is the passenegr seat which does not have this feature.

6. Lumber support (can live without it) - Minor adjustment, not required

7. Blues audio player instead of Swing (blessing in disguise, can shift my existing USB/BT built in setup from my old car) - Exactly throw in a touchscreen Pioneer 3300BT with reverse camera

9. Rear AC vents (100% of the time i sit in the front seat, couldn't care less) - Exactly, I don't understand which TSI owner would sit in the back seat? and which mad enough passeneger would volunteer to sit in the back seat It also reduces the potrusion of the ac vent in the rear space.

10. Leather wrapped steering/gear/handbrake (would be getting Leather done anyway from Stanley aftermarket) - Exactly, this car deserves leather even I was thinking the same.

11. Floor mats (big deal !) - Get Kagu #D mats for ~4.5K

12. Fog lamps are not a necessity as the car comes with Projector halogen lights

13. 4 year extended warranty is a must for Skoda.

14. Lastly walk-in to the service center before you buy the car. I have been to the Old Madras road Vinayak Service center and compared to Maruti Bimal *** it was just plain pathetic.

So what is the offer you have got on the TSI Classic? and at which dealer?

My mind says ANHC but my heart says TSI, don't know what I will end up with.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Haven't negotiated hard yet. Waiting for Vitamin M But initial offer was 1.7-1.8L off.

It's difficult to get aftermarket alloys for Laura due to unique PCD, so looking for OE.
Old 15th August 2011, 04:12   #120
BHPian

i got the skoda swing player up for sale which comes with the ambient laura in the classfields, the RS launch is coming soon if it comes with a dsg i might go for it.

Cheers..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks