Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 19:24   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
I think the on-road price of VDi ABS should be slightly lower than 5.9 L . Still, I agree that the Beat top version should be much better loaded than that.
When I bought my car [VDi ABS] in Kerala in 2008 Oct, the ex showroom price was 5.30L & on-road was 5.8L. Right now as per the website, the ex showroom of the car is 5.6L and extrapolating the same, the OTR should be atleast 6.1L though it will be slightly higher. FYI, Kerala has only a 6% RT as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th July 2011 at 19:27.
Old 7th July 2011, 19:34   #302
BHPian

My bad. I wasn't aware of this price hike and checked way back. Yes, if the ex-showroom is 5.6L, on-road will be 6.1 or even slightly more.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 20:44   #303
BHPian

I paid 10K advance to Sundaram motors, Bangalore for Beat Diesel. My concern is really on a long term ownership say, after 5 years will the car can with stand our roads and be a rugged vehicle. Whereas Ritz diesel seems to be built to last as per my friends say.
If the Diesel B, again comes with small non standard tyres it is not good. Doe any pone know ?
Also, since the CC is very less 936, will there be problems in climbing ghats and hills ? Old generation vehicles used to have this problem adn passengers has to get down literally in those circumstances. Expert opinion required here
Old 7th July 2011, 22:27   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys any idea when is the new captiva coming to our shores? There is no news regarding it anywhere. It was supposed to come in mid 2011.
Old 7th July 2011, 23:38   #305
BHPian

Hello Beat fans,

Some time back zalaps has ported a scoop on RED Diesel Beat and personally confimed that it is having 165/R14 tyres

But none of the new reports doesn't mention about change in tyre size. I wonder why the Car & Bike show didnt do a proper test drive yet.

Can some body conform the tyre size. .otherwize compared to RitZ/Figo this cars tyre profile is nothing great to talk about and off roading cant be even attempted !!
Old 8th July 2011, 00:29   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
My concern is really on a long term ownership say, after 5 years will the car can with stand our roads and be a rugged vehicle.
If you are talking about the interior qualities, I guess Beat is rated as one of the better built cars [above Swift for sure].

Quote:
If the Diesel B, again comes with small non standard tyres it is not good. Doe any pone know ?
Even a Swift D badly need a tyre upgrade from day 1. So you might be required to do an up size. Believe this was mentioned in t-bhp Beat petrol TD itself.

Quote:
Also, since the CC is very less 936, will there be problems in climbing ghats and hills ? Old generation vehicles used to have this problem and passengers has to get down literally in those circumstances.
More than the CC, power, torque, power to weight ratios matter. I dont think passengers will require to get out of car and push it, This is the case with most modern day diesels I guess. Please remember, a Diesel car may not be able to pull thru a hill in 2nd gear even, 1st is where you get all those torque and it pulls like a train. Thats what my Swift taught me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys any idea when is the new captiva coming to our shores? There is no news regarding it anywhere. It was supposed to come in mid 2011.
Right question on a wrong thread, there is already a related thread running on the facelift / upgrade. It might come probably by Oct / Nov. Please check the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...uncloaked.html

Quote:
I wonder why the Car & Bike show didnt do a proper test drive yet.
I believe Autocar India already has done the Beat TD and have uploaded a video of the same!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th July 2011 at 00:34.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:42   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you are talking about the interior qualities, I guess Beat is rated as one of the better built cars [above Swift for sure].

[ Im indicating on the exterior design and ruggedness. The external profile of the chasis and the body material seems very soft when compared to say RitZ kind of vehicle. Also, Swift/RitZ suspension are designed from a sportz/rally concept. Beat seems to be designed for external appearance appeal and meant for just driving. ]

Even a Swift D badly need a tyre upgrade from day 1. So you might be required to do an up size. Believe this was mentioned in t-bhp Beat petrol TD itself.

[ Is it possible to put at 170 R14 profile to Beat ? I wonder why GM is reverting to a small profile car to report a better fuel efficiency ]

More than the CC, power, torque, power to weight ratios matter. I dont think passengers will require to get out of car and push it, This is the case with most modern day diesels I guess. Please remember, a Diesel car may not be able to pull thru a hill in 2nd gear even, 1st is where you get all those torque and it pulls like a train. Thats what my Swift taught me.

[ Probably we will have to do a TD on an uphill like Nandi hills or Coorg.. ]

I believe Autocar India already has done the Beat TD and have uploaded a video of the same!
[ I did a search and couldnt find a test drive video from Autocar. Can you please post it here. ]
Old 8th July 2011, 11:18   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy

[ I did a search and couldnt find a test drive video from Autocar. Can you please post it here. ]
Here's a review from NDTV Profit:

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the...l-heart/202937
Old 8th July 2011, 11:29   #309
BHPian

I paid a booking amount of 25k for the car at Trident Chevrolet, Mysore last week. They are still not sure about the pricing but have told me that the LT(O) with Airbags, ABS, Alloy wheels would cost around 6.8 lakhs on-road! :(

This is purely their speculation based on the fact the petrol LT(O) cost 5.8 lakhs and they are adding 1 lakh to that price for diesel.

The sales advisor told me that they will only get the official pricing by the 24th of this month, and that the demo vehicles should reach them by the 15th.

He did mention that the tire sizes have been changed and the ground clearance increased by 10mm.
fangface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 14:12   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
...but have told me that the LT(O) with Airbags, ABS, Alloy wheels would cost around 6.8 lakhs on-road! :(
This car doesnt stand a chance at 6.8L OTR which is way ahead of Figo & Swift which have the best sales figures. At that price what is it that goes for the Beat D?

And the SA has chosen to go the traditional way of calculating the Diesel car based on the petrol version prices which is NOT going to be the case 90% !
Old 8th July 2011, 14:25   #311
BHPian

Quote:
This car doesnt stand a chance at 6.8L OTR which is way ahead of Figo & Swift which have the best sales figures. At that price what is it that goes for the Beat D?

And the SA has chosen to go the traditional way of calculating the Diesel car based on the petrol version prices which is NOT going to be the case 90% !
I would agree with you, the Figo Diesel Titanium costs ~6.7 on-road in blr. I would expect the Beat LT(O) to undercut it by ~10k atleast. Well, waiting with my fingers crossed for the actual prices to be announced
Old 8th July 2011, 16:10   #312
BHPian

Quote:
When I bought my Figo Titanium in April this year, I paid an OTR price of 6.6L, including accessories, in Bangalore. And the Beat is a full size smaller than the Figo or the Swift. If they price the Beat LT(O) at 6.8 OTR in Mysore, it'll fail to take off. I really don't think Chevy will do a mistake with the pricing.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:11   #313
BHPian

Yes,I too agree. Figo and Beat are miles apart in all dimensions. Figo: Big car with ample space, big tyres, powerful D engine, large boot space, and value for money..and now resale value also . Beat : other than external beauty, I felt is very claustrophobic inside...it is just an upgraded spark with a high price tag. What about resale value of beat now..that shows. Unless they price 50K cheaper at least, I don't see any value in going to beat in the long run, 10 or 20K cheaper doesn't make much sense. A person who can spent 5L can any way stretch to 5.5L.
Old 9th July 2011, 14:22   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,I too agree. Figo and Beat are miles apart in all dimensions. Figo: Big car with ample space, big tyres, powerful D engine, large boot space, and value for money..and now resale value also . Beat : other than external beauty, I felt is very claustrophobic inside...it is just an upgraded spark with a high price tag. What about resale value of beat now..that shows. Unless they price 50K cheaper at least, I don't see any value in going to beat in the long run, 10 or 20K cheaper doesn't make much sense. A person who can spent 5L can any way stretch to 5.5L.
I would agree with you that the Figo is a bigger car and is quite a neat all-rounder. I dont think that the Beat is an upgraded spark . The Beat has more modern styling, good interiors + build quality (subjective), low NVH levels.

Guess it depends on your requirements, my car will mostly be driven only by me with no passengers, and i dont really need a lot of boot space right now, the 60-40 split rear seats should help when required.

Anyway, waiting with fingers crossed for the final pricing, but i still dont expect the LT(O) to be any lower than ~6.5-6.6 lakhs OTR.
Old 10th July 2011, 00:02   #315
BHPian

well guys, big news.

I did drive the Beat diesel yesterday and it was good... Oodles of torque and a very refined engine. Doesn't sound like a diesel and even though there is no damping to reduce the NVH, there is hardly any engine sound in the cabin.

The steering is really smooth, very very smooth in fact. The suspension was quite effective on the broken roads I tested it on. Couldn't check the high speed cornering and body roll though. It climbs slopes well, they even have a tech which cuts off the compressor on slopes. It drove like "Makkhan...'
jas_mirage is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks