Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 11:30   #316
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Kindly ensure that you type in full & proper English, for the benefit of other board users.

We hereby advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2011 at 20:51.
humveeguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th July 2011, 11:54   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
well guys, big news.

I did drive the Beat diesel yesterday and it was good... Oodles of torque and a very refined engine. Doesn't sound like a diesel and even though there is no damping to reduce the NVH, there is hardly any engine sound in the cabin.

The steering is really smooth, very very smooth in fact. The suspension was quite effective on the broken roads I tested it on. Couldn't check the high speed cornering and body roll though. It climbs slopes well, they even have a tech which cuts off the compressor on slopes. It drove like "Makkhan...'
How did you get to drive it?
Old 10th July 2011, 12:04   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
Eager to know how you got the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I believe the dealers would have got the TD vehicles by now. You guys might want to check with dealers near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
What is that compressor switch off thing ?
Guess he is talking about the A/C compressor. Probably it will cut off / switch off A/C on the hills to reduce the power sap. But I always thought that CRDi engines doesnt have this power drop while switching ON A/C.
Old 10th July 2011, 16:57   #319
BHPian

Just had a talk with Deedi Motors, Tvm, Kerala. They already got 2 test drive vehicles and will be available for testing from next week. The initial impression according to them is , there is good power response : same or better than petrol version. The tyres looks same as in petrol :( . Response in overtaking scenarios is yet to be tested.

This means, in Bangalore also the vehicles would be arriving next week.
Old 10th July 2011, 20:55   #320
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Can anybody tell me the price of the replacement of airbag in both these vehicles?
In an accident of a scale that triggers the air-bag, I'd be more worried about my head than the cost of an airbag. The more relevant question is : Which is more valuable, your airbag or your skull?

Answer that & you'll know whether to buy the air-bag equipped variant or not.
Old 10th July 2011, 22:35   #321
BHPian

Quote:
well guys, big news.

I did drive the Beat diesel yesterday and it was good... Oodles of torque and a very refined engine. Doesn't sound like a diesel and even though there is no damping to reduce the NVH, there is hardly any engine sound in the cabin.

The steering is really smooth, very very smooth in fact. The suspension was quite effective on the broken roads I tested it on. Couldn't check the high speed cornering and body roll though. It climbs slopes well, they even have a tech which cuts off the compressor on slopes. It drove like "Makkhan...'
This is good news, did you feel there was a turbo lag in the car? noise might be less because chevy would have taken care of the insulation very well. was the tubo kick at 1700rpm or 2000rpm? i have heard the turbo is a very small one on this car, which means we'll not have so much fun like swift or the ritz where you can feel the G force literally if you pull away in 2nd gear and floor the pedal.

How was the A/c performance? was there are loss of power considering this is only a 936CC unit.

Cant wait to test drive this car.
Old 11th July 2011, 06:31   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In an accident of a scale that triggers the air-bag, I'd be more worried about my head than the cost of an airbag. The more relevant question is : Which is more valuable, your airbag or your skull?

Answer that & you'll know whether to buy the air-bag equipped variant or not.
I asked the question from Ford and Tata, answer is for figo its 1,10,000/- and for vista it is 40,000/-.

I just wanted to reconfirm it from the eminent forum members, thanks
sallubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 07:59   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Sorry about that, I gotta keep my job you know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess he is talking about the A/C compressor. Probably it will cut off / switch off A/C on the hills to reduce the power sap. But I always thought that CRDi engines doesnt have this power drop while switching ON A/C.
Yes. The AC compressor switches off in certain conditions, slow speed inclines, for example. This is majorly due to the fact that, though it is a crdi engine, It is a very tiny one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
This is good news, did you feel there was a turbo lag in the car? noise might be less because chevy would have taken care of the insulation very well. was the tubo kick at 1700rpm or 2000rpm? i have heard the turbo is a very small one on this car, which means we'll not have so much fun like swift or the ritz where you can feel the G force literally if you pull away in 2nd gear and floor the pedal.

How was the A/c performance? was there are loss of power considering this is only a 936CC unit.

Cant wait to test drive this car.
I didn't experience any sort of turbo lag. The engine itself is quiet, insulation as I noted was quite minimal compared to the Figo and the Swift we had lying around. It pulls well on the first and second gear also. And I believe I was told that the turbo kicks in @ 1200 rpm itself. Might be my bad. I don't exactly remember the figure now.

The AC cooling was really good. The Wheels are 165/65 but I dont remember if it was a 14" or 13". But they have special silica tyres on the car. Less noise, more mileage, grippier, something along those lines.
jas_mirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 10:02   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about that, I gotta keep my job you know..

I didn't experience any sort of turbo lag. The engine itself is quiet, insulation as I noted was quite minimal compared to the Figo and the Swift we had lying around. It pulls well on the first and second gear also. And I believe I was told that the turbo kicks in @ 1200 rpm itself. Might be my bad. I don't exactly remember the figure now.

The AC cooling was really good. The Wheels are 165/65 but I dont remember if it was a 14" or 13". But they have special silica tyres on the car. Less noise, more mileage, grippier, something along those lines.
Thanks, this is great stuff, No turbo Lag and good a/c.

If they tyres are 165/65 R14, thats good too, the grip of the car should be better than the older beat thus helping the handling.

Will TD this car this weekend, hope TD is available in Bangalore now.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:57   #325
BHPian

Any updates or info on the various trims being offered?

I just got a call from my dealer trying to convince me to change my booking to a LT without the optional pack claiming that it would be delayed and would cost up to 6.9l on road.. at that point i lost my cool and gave him piece of my mind.

If they keep acting like this, i will cancel my booking and approach another dealer
Old 11th July 2011, 20:25   #326
Senior - BHPian

Details!

Got some info on BEAT D. Check the attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00591201107111740.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00595201107111743.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00594201107111741.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00596201107111743.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00597201107111743.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00598201107111744.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00599201107111744.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00600201107111745.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00601201107111746.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00602201107111746.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00603201107111747.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00604201107111748.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00592201107111740.jpg  

Scoop: Chevrolet Beat DIESEL pictures and details. Update: Brochure on pg 22-img00593201107111741.jpg  

abhibh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 20:43   #327
BHPian

Wow

These brochures do more than 70% job of the Salesman.

They are trying to sell by saying beat is 62PS per litre?? Lol, Chevy please wake up your engine is not even a proper 1000cc for you to give those numbers/advertisements. Its 58BHP simple.

We know this car is mostly for city driving, as long as their is no turbo lag and it has adequate power you can be honest, its 58PS@4000 Rpm As Simple as that!!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:13   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
They are trying to sell by saying beat is 62PS per litre?? Lol, Chevy please wake up your engine is not even a proper 1000cc for you to give those numbers/advertisements. Its 58BHP simple.
58 PS from 936 CC = 62 PS / litre ! They have tried to put it in a smarter way. Except for people who really bother about the technical aspects, they can actually impress especially with those figures against a swift / ritz. But that could have been avoided IMO. And they have the added advantage or mileage which is also a very important aspect in middle class process of choosing a car. Just want to see how people treat Chevy badge over a Maruti one?

But I would love to look at the power to weight ratios of these cars also and then frame an opinion. Any details of launch date? 15 July?
Old 11th July 2011, 21:54   #329
Senior - BHPian

I think the aircon compressor cutting off is a generic Daewoo problem. Well, it's not a problem per se, rather a feature to take the load off engine when driver opens up. But this can get very irksome in hot climate. Except Tavera, all other Chevy cars are Daewoo. I saw this aircon cutting off thing happening in Cielo, Matiz, Spark and Optra P. Not sure about Magnum and Cruz though.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:03   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just want to see how people treat Chevy badge over a Maruti one?

But I would love to look at the power to weight ratios of these cars also and then frame an opinion. Any details of launch date? 15 July?
I'm in the market for a diesel hatch at the moment, i can wait until this year end not in a hurry at all.

To answer your question if i will prefer chevy over the maruti badge, the answer is may be yes, i would love to own another maruti in life, i like the Ritz a lot, its a very practical car but if chevy sticks to its word and price this car 10-15% higher than its petrol variants, then its extermely good value for a city hatch, according to me it will end up to be 4.8 OTR for the LS variant. This will save me 1.3lakhs in front of the Ritz VDI plus i get the music system in the car too with a USB which i have to buy seperate incase i buy the RiTZ.

So totally if i save about 1.4lakhs and this car is having similar characteristics of the FIAT 1.3 MJD minus a little power it sounds a great deal for me. 3yrs/100000km warranty too is a plus and with the 1.4lakhs that i save i'll get 13.5k interest from the bank every year, i doubt i'll spend 13.5k every year on this chevy, so maruti's main strength of cheap maintainence is out of the picture.

Still waiting for the prices and the TD of this car, i have heard its going to be launched in the end of the 3rd week of July.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks