Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 20:38   #31

re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

Just after this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, F1 driver Lewis Hamilton will arrive into Bangalore, India to take part in a promotional event organized by Vodafone, who happen to the principal sponsors of the Mclaren F1 team. At Bangalore’s NICE(Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) road, which like its name suggests is one of the nicest stretch of tarmac in the Garden City, Hamilton will wow audiences by performing “stunts” in a Mclaren F1 car.
This event is scheduled to take place for just 20 minutes after which Hamilton, will head back to prepare for his next F1 Grand Prix. To give you a gist of what to expect at the event, a Mclaren F1 Car piloted by Lewis Hamilton will accelerate and decelerate furiously on a straight stretch of the NICE road culminating in a spectacular burn out. For all those of you anticipating “stunts” in an F1 car, burnouts will perhaps be the only stunt that will be performed at the event.
Any which ways, the sheer drama of an F1 car accelerating and decelerating furiously should be reason enough for you to line up and witness this spectacle that will unfold on the 27th Septmeber at Bangalore. Well, here’s another twist in the tale. The organizers plan to limit the audience to only 300 “hand picked” F1 racing enthusiasts which only means that the common man will not get to go anywhere near, let along see Hamilton’s Mclaren F1 car.
For the rest of the common folks who’d be interested to catch a glimpse of the Mclaren F1 car, you need to head to the Mantri Mall in Malleswaram, Bangalore, where a replica of the Mclaren F1 car will be displayed.

Source - Vodafone to fly down Lewis Hamilton to wow Bangalore in an F1 car on the 27th September! | IndianCarsBikes.in
Old 21st September 2011, 16:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I sent the message from my airtel number now and got the confirmation immediately. I think this might be a auto response.
If it is near the bannerghatta road intersection then I would say that the unused part should be around 200M or less only. Not sure how they will manage the crowd.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind kannan View Post
Just after this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, F1 driver Lewis Hamilton will arrive into Bangalore, India to take part in a promotional event organized by Vodafone, who happen to the principal sponsors of the Mclaren F1 team. At Bangalore’s NICE(Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) road, which like its name suggests is one of the nicest stretch of tarmac in the Garden City, Hamilton will wow audiences by performing “stunts” in a Mclaren F1 car.
This event is scheduled to take place for just 20 minutes after which Hamilton, will head back to prepare for his next F1 Grand Prix. To give you a gist of what to expect at the event, a Mclaren F1 Car piloted by Lewis Hamilton will accelerate and decelerate furiously on a straight stretch of the NICE road culminating in a spectacular burn out. For all those of you anticipating “stunts” in an F1 car, burnouts will perhaps be the only stunt that will be performed at the event.
Any which ways, the sheer drama of an F1 car accelerating and decelerating furiously should be reason enough for you to line up and witness this spectacle that will unfold on the 27th Septmeber at Bangalore. Well, here’s another twist in the tale. The organizers plan to limit the audience to only 300 “hand picked” F1 racing enthusiasts which only means that the common man will not get to go anywhere near, let along see Hamilton’s Mclaren F1 car.
For the rest of the common folks who’d be interested to catch a glimpse of the Mclaren F1 car, you need to head to the Mantri Mall in Malleswaram, Bangalore, where a replica of the Mclaren F1 car will be displayed.

Source - Vodafone to fly down Lewis Hamilton to wow Bangalore in an F1 car on the 27th September! | IndianCarsBikes.in
300 hand picked people, does it mean those who reach the venue first get selected or is there a separate contest or process for this??

-Sajan.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have a BSNL connection, sent a Message, it cost me 2 Rupees and I got the Invite!
Old 21st September 2011, 19:09   #35
BHPian

Okay guys!! Lot of speculation as to only 300 people or not.

In any case I'm going to go. I'm pretty sure many of you are going to turn up as well!! So how about a colour code?

Say, BLACK or BLUE trousers and WHITE OR BLUE shirts??
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:51   #36
BHPian

Saw this Replica Picture in Super Cars and Bikes in Bangalore | Facebook which is displayed in mantri mall i will try going tomorrow and get some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-photo.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2011, 15:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
...... BLACK or BLUE trousers and WHITE OR BLUE shirts??
What about Blue jeans and Black T-Shirts?
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
What about Blue jeans and Black T-Shirts?
We need more people to pitch in!! Anything is fine with me!!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
We need more people to pitch in!! Anything is fine with me!!
Count me in can we all meet up and go as a group maybe that way we can part of the lucky 300
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:21   #40
BHPian

Half of young men wear blue jeans and black t-shirts!

We need to be little different like Yellow Pants and Red Shirts!!

Jokes apart, we can do blue jeans and red or blue or green t-shirts?
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:32   #41
BHPian

Mods might want to think about making available T-BHP T-shirts/Caps etc for random events like this.I am sure most of us will buy them. How cool would it be if we had a funky, cool, nicely designed T-shirt to identify us in a crowd - like this and the other moto-auto related events?

Now a quick glance at this post and I have to start a list, so here it is :-
1.arun_josie
2.sing1234
3.sajands
4.TheARUN
5.rangakishen
6.devrajman
7.gtonsing
Please add further
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Mods might want to think about making available T-BHP T-shirts/Caps etc for random events like this.I am sure most of us will buy them. How cool would it be if we had a funky, cool, nicely designed T-shirt to identify us in a crowd - like this and the other moto-auto related events?
We should put this in the "T-bhp adice from Bhpians thread"!! Mods hope you plan something!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
We should put this in the "T-bhp adice from Bhpians thread"!! Mods hope you plan something!!
There is a thread on T-Bhp T-Shirts and Caps discussed some where in Shifting Gears.

-Sajan
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Now a quick glance at this post and I have to start a list, so here it is :-
1.arun_josie
2.sing1234
3.sajands
4.TheARUN
5.rangakishen
6.devrajman
7.gtonsing
Please add further
List looks good, i am sure more will follow in, can we share numbers so that we can coordinate and what time and where do we all meet up???
Does anyone have an update on from which side should we be and which part of NICE road is this taking place?

-Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 23rd September 2011 at 15:15. Reason: forgot to add another line
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:50   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
List looks good, i am sure more will follow in, can we share numbers so that we can coordinate and what time and where do we all meet up???
Does anyone have an update on from which side should we be and which part of NICE road is this taking place?

-Sajan
There is some work going on in Bannerghatta road-NICE road junction. From this junction you will have to take left(NICE Road) towards electronic city and after 50M take "U" turn. There is some unused part of this road and I think this event will happen here because they have put up some tents here. I can confirm this by tomorrow. Hope it is not for something else :-)
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks