Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 15:27   #76
BHPian

re: Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards

I was there at the event, I felt the track was very very small for that F1 monster to be revved up till the red line, we should have had a longer track it would have been even more fun.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:35   #77
BHPian

wow nice pics i couldn't get see the action live, missed it man had to rush to office but i had a glimpse of the event and the best of cars in Bangalore were parked near the event area and was a delight to see those too.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:40   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
The event started sharp at 11AM. Went on till 12:30PM.
How was the traffic after this event? I started back at 12:00 just to avoid the traffic. Cars were parked all around that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
I was there at the event, I felt the track was very very small for that F1 monster to be revved up till the red line, we should have had a longer track it would have been even more fun.
True, longer track would have been more fun.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:57   #79

Mates...It was just FUN out there in NICE Road & I must sincerly thank VODAFONE & the Event Managers...!!!

We had a splendid time & it was well managed & all most on time , else it could have been a endless wait under the scorching SUN , But then the even the SUN faded when the master craftsman did DONUTS on the Road.

Also Sincere thanks to DreamDiesel & Devraj for posting those wonderful PICS , It just helped to recreate this dream event once again in our mind..! (Unfomrtunately we could not catch up).

Once again all our Heartfelt best wishes & thanks to Vodafone & the 'Lil Man' Lewis & his Maclaren crews to really set the NICE ROAD(Even Proud of Nice road constructors) on Fire.

3 cheers...!
Old 27th September 2011, 16:00   #80
BHPian

Awesome event, but can get better at all aspects.

-Stage was not strong, If people on top row in excitment missed their balance, there can be domino effect on people in lower rows. People even broke baricades and were all over the track boundary. They did not expect people to climb from other side and be right over the track!! Only 2 people are let in at a time at entry. No line, etc. Huge chaos!

-Road can be bigger (poor Lewis was reversing at every lap for uturn!, There was a time, when he had to call people to push his car back so he can take U turn!!)

MC and music was not very consistent, there were times with no music nor MC, leaving crowd with no Idea whats next!

Very less police-to-crowd ratio, Lewis can easily get into trouble!

I think due to above reasons, organizers might have cut down some stunts and even duration of F1 laps!

Overall, my first time with running F1! Amazing experience! Wanting more.....

Here are pics from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-1.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-3.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-2.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-4.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-5.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-6.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-8.jpg  

devrajman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 17:17   #81
BHPian

Had been to the event as well. But ended being in the wrong side of the viewing area(near the mosque). Cam battery died down so ended up with just a few pics. Thoroughly enjoyed the last leg with the F1 car. Really deafening machine that. The last donut was super cool
Old 27th September 2011, 18:23   #82
BHPian

Couldn't catch the event, but it looks like the show was great!
But I caught some of it on the Vodafone site and the Mercedes Facebook.

Looking forward to more of these events around the country for the road to the Indian GP!
Old 27th September 2011, 20:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics I managed to capture!
Attached Thumbnails
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0006.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0033.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0034.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0035.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0042.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0048.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-img_0056.jpg  

ashwin.terminat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 20:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

I was there, up close. Got the invite from a dear friend.

It was really nice to meet Vid6639 and ajmat from T-BHP support.

I was astonished by the huge crowd that turned out for the event. Who said India is not ready for MotorSports? Kudos to Vodafone for pulling this off. That said, the crowd management was poor and at times it got very close to being quite dangerous.

Unfortunately, I have only videos of the McLaren MP4-23 in action. Still photographs don't do any justice to the astounding sound it makes. The back-fire when Lewis was shifting up was amazing. They videos are quite big, and I need to shrink them and upload. Will do it in a few days.

Uploading a few pics from my humble P&S camera. Please excuse the quality.

Media Stand
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-1.-media-stand.jpg
The Amazing crowd towards my right
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-2.-amazing-crowd-towards-my-right.jpg
The McLaren Pit towards my left
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-2.-mclaren-pit-towards-my-left.jpg
Can you spot the McLaren MP4-23
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-3.-can-you-spot-mclaren-mp423.jpg
The McLaren pit crew inspecting the tarmac
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-4.-mclaren-pit-crew-inspecting-tarmac.jpg
The Merc Convoy
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-5.-merc-convoy.jpg
The Vodafone girls
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-6.-vodafone-girls.jpg
Motorsports in India
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-7.6-motorsports-india.jpg
Lewis on the fresh donuts he made
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-8.-lewis-fresh-donuts-he-made.jpg
Lewis talking to the crowd
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-9.-lewis-talking-crowd.jpg
The MTV VJ with Lewis
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-10.-mtv-vj-lewis.jpg
Lewis waving at something
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-11.-lewis-waving-something.jpg
Oh the chopper
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-12.2-oh-chopper.jpg
The still warm Pirelli Donuts
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-10.-still-warm-pirelli-donuts.jpg
The rather tame SL 63 AMG. Not much noise or drama
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-12.3-rather-tame-sl-63-amg.-no-noise-no-drama.jpg
The hooligan C 63 AMG with a lot of both
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-12.-hooligan-c-63-amg.jpg
Look who wants to come out for a second run
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-13.-look-who-wants-come-out-second-run.jpg
The MP4 23 looks beautiful in the hot Bangalore sun. That dude in the photo got a ride with Lewis I guess.
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-14.-mp4-23-looks-beautiful-hot-bangalore-sun.jpg
That low rear wing looks very cool unlike the machines now
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-15.-low-rear-wing-looks-very-cool-unlike-machines-now.jpg
McLaren is even ready for a rain
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-16.-mclaren-even-ready-rain.jpg
Waiting for the Starter
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-17.-waiting-starter.jpg
Starting the McLaren
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-18.-starting-mclaren.jpg
The very simple Pit Garage
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-19.-very-simple-pit-garage.jpg
The pride of McLaren up close
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-20.-p1020668.jpg
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-21.-p1020669.jpg
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-22.-p1020670.jpg
Lewis on top of the car
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-23.-lewis-top-car.jpg
The chat with Lewis
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-24.-chat-lewis.jpg
Lewis describing the very passionate Indian crowd
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-25.-lewis-describing-very-passionate-crowd.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 21:32   #85
Team-BHP Support

It was a great if hot day out. The other members pics are pretty good, we were in the media area and we got blocked by media folks encroaching the areas and then the public breached the whole area creating havoc. More later, am travelling at the moment
Old 27th September 2011, 22:46   #86
BHPian

Few more snaps on seeing so many people wanting to get feel of the event:

There are lot of videos on Youtube already covering todays event :
F1 lewis bangalore - YouTube

A small video from my P&S:
Attached Thumbnails
Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_001.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_002.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_003.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_004.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_005.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_006.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_007.jpg  

Hamilton drives an F1 car in bangalore! Report from Pg.5 onwards-lewis_008.jpg  

devrajman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 23:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I was there, up close. Got the invite from a dear friend.
Nice close up shots there dude!

Did you spot anyone wearing Massa 'T' in that event!?
Old 27th September 2011, 23:22   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Nice close up shots there dude!

Did you spot anyone wearing Massa 'T' in that event!?
Yes!!!! There was a media guy who came wearing a official Ferrari red T-shirt complete with the Ferrari logo and Ferrari driving shoes!!!!

I was going to ask him at the press conference if he kissed and made up with Massa. :P

Changed my mind later on and asked him about 2012 season preparations and if Nicole was going to come next month to Delhi.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th September 2011 at 23:23.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:30   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes!!!! There was a media guy who came wearing a official Ferrari red T-shirt complete with the Ferrari logo and Ferrari driving shoes!!!!

I was going to ask him at the press conference if he kissed and made up with Massa. :P

Changed my mind later on and asked him about 2012 season preparations and if Nicole was going to come next month to Delhi.
Haahah!

I was almost sure that some Tifosi would come there for the event in the scarlet attire, never expected a media guy to do that. Lewis would have been mumbling "This is frickin' ridiculous" in his usual style every time he looks at the scarlet color. I really missed all the fun!

So no one asked him anything about his Singapore tussle with Felipe in the press conference?
Old 28th September 2011, 10:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Haahah!

I was almost sure that some Tifosi would come there for the event in the scarlet attire, never expected a media guy to do that. Lewis would have been mumbling "This is frickin' ridiculous" in his usual style every time he looks at the scarlet color. I really missed all the fun!

So no one asked him anything about his Singapore tussle with Felipe in the press conference?
Lol! The MTV VJ asked him that during the press conference. But Lewis replied really well, a well appointed diplomatic answer. I have heard that McLaren pushes their drivers for a lot of PR. Now I know, they are well trained on this as well.

Most Viewed