Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 11:11   #151
BHPian

Re: The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Sub 10s have been recorded by pristine models elsewhere in the world, as google would say..

As a primeval example of hybrid engineering, the bike deserves respect. But sadly, the "handlers" cannot attend to the technicalities that come with such machines.

From what I heard, the fuelling & tranny had developed snags. Not quite sure of the specifics.

Their Black Aventador would've been a better show-stopper, in my opinion..
a Y2k can only do sub 10sec run on quarter mile if its a rolling start. it wont even manage to beat a ported RX on a quarter mile if it starts from stand still. The throttle is not like our normal bikes, it allows gradual increase. The one at TVR had charging issues on initial startup which got sorted towards the end & then the run was successful.
insaneroller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 23:21   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
a Y2k can only do sub 10sec run on quarter mile if its a rolling start. it wont even manage to beat a ported RX on a quarter mile if it starts from stand still. The throttle is not like our normal bikes, it allows gradual increase. The one at TVR had charging issues on initial startup which got sorted towards the end & then the run was successful.
Actually, I had a video somewhere of a Y2K doing a standing start quarter mile at 10.1 odd with a trap speed of about 230+, whereas marine technologies claim a 9.8 for the old one. The bike is supposed to do a 350 kmph+ from standing start in about 15 seconds, which is about the average quarter mile time for a ported rx..

I didn't stay for the Y2K's last runs (dunno if it clocked a 25 or 30), as it seemed futile.

Agreed, the clutch in the Y2K takes the load of the output shaft (redlined at about 6000), and unlike conventional bikes, the throttle is not responsive to spin the compressor through it's redline instantly; however, from what I've seen/heard, the bike is to be launched at about 5000 shaft revs for turbine load consistency, and the centrifugal clutch takes the output shaft load onto the 2 speed tranny gradually..

Any idea what happened with the fuelling? When you say charging issue, I presume it was with the ignitor failing to burn the fuel properly. I'd also heard they had tranny issues. Not quite sure as to what.

Great pics, by all..especially ricky's wheelie.
Old 18th March 2013, 17:04   #153
Team-BHP Support

The bad news is that my 954 timed a full half second slower than its last run in 2011. This with a relatively new clutch and a definitely better tune.
The good news is that I did figured how to do a perfect burnout, talk about doing stuff in a controlled environment

The event was well managed, and the venue was extremely well appointed. Besides the delay on day 1, IR's team seems to have set a benchmark for local / club drag events. My only rant would be starting the Supercar practice runs in the midst of the final runs for the Indian Open, and I would love to know who is to blame here.

The Sun kept me busy and I barely clicked a couple of pictures despite the presence of some really fancy machinery, have a look:

The Picturesque location

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02200-large.jpg

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02201-large.jpg

IR's Ninja Twins

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02203-large.jpg

A lone Intruder

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02204-large.jpg

The Zen, OHC & Balenos still battling it out

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02206-large.jpg

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02208-large.jpg

Slick looking Repsols

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-dsc02209-large.jpg

Last edited by manson : 18th March 2013 at 17:07.
manson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 14:25   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

The Valley Run 2013 – Winter Edition to be held from 13th to 15th December

The second edition of the Valley Run 2013 –dubbed the ‘Winter Edition’ will be held on December 13, 14, and 15 at the Aamby Valley air strip. The second edition will see a new format to the event as well as a night light drag strip, poser’s area and also entertainment sections with live bands.

Source: http://www.bikewale.com/news/469-the...-december.html
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 12:07   #155
BHPian

Is the Amby Valley thing cancelled? I heard it's going to be called Race Wars and going to be held on the 7th & 8th of December at Bandra Kurla Complex.

Last edited by TheQuarterMile : 17th October 2013 at 12:10.
Old 11th December 2013, 13:11   #156
BHPian

Hey guys any news on the Valley Run 2014? Its all over Facebook and their site. Can anyone share details like last year?
Old 13th December 2013, 16:54   #157
BHPian

Hi guys, apologies for the delay in posting up. We were contemplating for the longest time if we should do this in Mumbai or not as the Aamby Air Strip was going under construction.

However, due to the mega success of TVR 2013 - the AVC Management granted us the permission to hold the Drag by postponing their construction

So once again what we have in our hand is one adrenaline pumping weekend planned out - with many more aspects included this time, for example:

- Affordable Accommodation: Tents for participants in their camping area
- Dirt Track Exhibition Run
- Drift - Exhibition Run
- Brand New Professional Drag Racing Timing System
- Super Car Club's official participation & display
- Entertainment & Display Arena

Hope to catch you all at the Air Strip on 25th & 26th January, 2014.

The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013-tvr2014poster.jpg

Note from Mod: Valley Run 2015 has a new thread. Do continue the discussion there : LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th January 2015 at 21:45. Reason: Adding link
insaneroller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks