Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 22:13   #91
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
The Red Swift was faster than the Blue. The Blue Swift has atleast 40 Kgs more on it thanks to the extensive damping, fibreglass bumpers, modded hood, hydraulic struts bla bla bla
Quite the opposite actually. I drove the blue swift on track and then did a practice run on the strip earmarked for the drag. Then finally I drove the red swift. The blue swift is faster.

Halley thanks for the videos. I know I am not as good a driver on a drag strip or track as many others here are.
Old 1st November 2007, 22:25   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Ya thanks to me. I had underinflated the tires. So the tire got a puncture. The Enkeis held up. But got scratched pretty badly. But we might have lost a "Made in Japan" Advan Neovas
are'nt neovas made only in jp
Old 1st November 2007, 22:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Halley.
Good work. Nice videos.!!
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:53   #94
BHPian

Wow, this is awesome! I wonder if something like this happens in Mumbai. If it does i want to be there next time. Read this entire thread in one go
and all I can say is "more, more.. MORE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Guys, there is nothing much to argue about in terms of accomodation and food on track. If only you could make up your mind and let us Cbe guys know in advance, anything can be done.
I think we have had enough of these nit-picking. Lets us get back to the topic and discuss what happened "on the track" please.
This guy is making complete sense here. Team-BHP is indeed the most interactive and educatory forum on cars and everything to do with it and is the only one of its kind here. Lets take the automotive scene to the next level in India through this medium. Lets split up tasks and people with suggestions can own it and do it on their own making the entire event a difference.
@ Mods- Apologies for going off track on "track day thread". Im just trying to exercise my freedom of speech in the right spirit.

Respect All.
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30b16 View Post
are'nt neovas made only in jp
Dunno. I was told you get made in Taiwan ones too
Anyways worth gloating over.
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:19   #96
BHPian

Akshay, Rahul

We have had a great track day, and a better one than the last time (if I can say so, based on the number of participants, the cars and time spent on track). Now, I feel we have created an interest amongst quiet a few enthusiasts that are going to be present on the future track days, who I am sure are checking out this thread. Let us not make this a mud-slinging one.

The best we can do now is to post the pics and videos and discuss what happened on the track, including some of the interesting facts (Mr. Viddy's timings, if anyone cared to note that, Arjun's lap time, Akshay's ride on the Miata and the VTec?, The Mivec oversteering like an RWD, etc).
I request you both to stand down and rest your arguments. It is clear by now what needs to be done for the next track day, and I assure you it will be done to the best possible extent.

Shall we get back to the topic please?
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:26   #97
BANNED

Ok coming back to the events on track, I was very impressed with the way Shasvi drove and Sriram. Sriram, Harrie could you send an invite to Shasvi to join TBHP? Also is the suspension on the blue swift stock?

Needless to say, I was watching with a keen eye the way Arjun Balu drove the Miata taking it into a nice smooth slide. I did learn quite a lot by just watching Vidyaprakash uncle, Arjun, Sanjay, Gopi uncle drive as well. Next time I hope I get a chance to sit with them and have a closer look. Once again hats off to all of you for coming to help us all out. Though sincerely, I wish we all had made more utilization of your knowledge.

Though, I just did about 20 laps on track I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

As far as improving the hosting of the next track day is concerned here is what I could come up with. Rest feel free to add:

1. Will try to arrange for transponders, so that we can all know what we are doing.

2. In talks with the track authorities to arrange for 4 arrows go-karts & 4 Fissme's for all those who don't want to bring their cars on track or want to try out these cars.

3. If people are ready to pay upto 3k per car, ambulances, marshals etc will be organized for. If not, till the time we have upto 40 cars we will have to do without them. The onus here will solely be on the driver of the car to make sure he drives responsibly on track. We have said it once and time again. Track day is not a race. So drive accordingly.

4. No responsibility will be taken by the hosters of track day to organize accomodation. I suggest those looking for the same either book rooms by themselves or take the help of friends on TBHP who reside at CBE.

5. Food can be arranged on track provided we have confirmations and payments for the same in advance.

6. At the next track day, one half of the session will be run clockwise while the second half anti-clockwise.

Any other suggestions?

Edit: Sriram just saw your post. I agree completely. There will be no more OT posts from me on this thread. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
We have had a great track day, and a better one than the last time
Things like this make me want to do this more often and put in more efforts to make each event better than the last one.

Once again, I would like to thank Harrie & Sriram for their efforts to spread the word. Sriram, kindly put up a picture of the poster you made. Unlucky souls like myself would like to see. I tried hunting for it at CCD but it was taken off on Sunday morning.

A special thanks to all the track authorities, including B Viji uncle, manager of the track who made it possible for us to rent the track out. I would also like to thank Ron, who initially helped me out in floating this idea with the people who made the decisions on renting out the track. Without you lot, this wouldn't have been possible. Looking forward to many more of these events in the future. Will put up the details of the next track day in a couple of weeks. Trying to figure out a way to bring about some more changes and get more number of people interested in such events.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd November 2007 at 09:34.
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:43   #98
BHPian

Hello,

I really had blast on the track day, though this was my first experience. I truly enjoyed every moment watching and driving few laps.

I want to acknowledge Rahul & co. for organising such an eventful track day. This will be more successful as time goes by and from event to event, this will be better.

I tried to clock few cars

MR Vidy's miata - 1min 26secs
Blue Swift - 1min 32secs
Mclaren - 1min 36secs
Mivec - 1min 36secs
Shazikon - 1min 39secs

This was done early part of the day, Though I do not know may be guys might have clocked faster in later part of the day.

I am looking forward more such track days... :-)

Cheers,
Raps
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:03   #99

Hey guys this track day was more fun than the last one and regarding accommodation if u bangy boys confirm in advance i can arrange .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

6. At the next track day, one half of the session will be run clockwise while the second half anti-clockwise.

Gr8 one mclaren the idea of using the track both directions is superb .
It lets us understand our cars better.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd November 2007 at 11:20. Reason: quote fixed
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:30   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1947 View Post
Hey guys this track day was more fun than the last one and regarding accommodation if u bangy boys confirm in advance i can arrange .
That certainly made my day. Btw, I don't think we met. So sorry about that. The sole purpose of such track days are also to get to know new people.

What I was most disappointed with during the whole weekend was that we hardly got any time to spend with each other trying to get to know each other. Sriram and myself had plans of organizing a dinner party, but no one wanted to stay back. From next time onwards, I think we need to head to CBE on Saturday evening itself. We meet up for dinner on Saturday night and then head to track on Sunday morning. But the best plan for the Bangalore boys would be to leave early Friday evening. Pull one Mr.Jay along who will show us the beautiful place called Chamrajnagar, spend a day there and reach CBE by nightfall on Saturday. Let me know how this plan sounds.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:58   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good but i'm not sure how some of the "First Timers" are gone cope with learning and remembering all the braking points, corner entry/apex/exit and then doin it all over again in reverse.

Even though it's the same track, all parameters change drastically when you drive anti-clockwise.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:08   #102
BHPian

Rahul, thanks for your support. Nice to see we are back to the topic.

Something I have been meaning to tell you long ago, we have people like Sanjay, Gopi and Mr. Sajeev of Autozone, Coimbatore who are on advanced discussions with few corporates re. sponsoring such events. I can safely say that we are pretty sure we will have some positive news very soon.

If a potential sponsor happens upon this thread (and I think it is only a matter of time...), we want to put up a good show in the interest of motorsports.

Hopefully, very soon, we will not have to pay so much for our track days and can look forward to some good sporting action. As such we have very few "real" auto enthusiasts who go that extra length to make things happen. I request all of you out there to co-operate and help us take one collective step forward. We all do mistakes, and learn from them. Lets try to avoid the mistakes we did now on the next track day and NOT harp on them.

Lets bring more people to the track and make this a professional and regular event... shall we?

Sorry I had to go offtopic on this one.
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:13   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Sounds good but i'm not sure how some of the "First Timers" are gone cope with learning and remembering all the braking points, corner entry/apex/exit and then doin it all over again in reverse.

Even though it's the same track, all parameters change drastically when you drive anti-clockwise.

Shan2nu
Rahul, thats a valid point. It sounds very interesting theoratically, but there are few sections that I think will be very dangerous for novice drivers like me when we do back-to-back session in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.

Rest of your points sound good to me.... I would not mind arranging for food (on track) and accomodation for fellow t-bhpians.

I will see if I can locate the poster again... we had only paid for three days (for CCD) to put up the posters so they were taken down on sunday morning. Don't worry, we can do much better next time.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:08   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
I will see if I can locate the poster again... we had only paid for three days (for CCD) to put up the posters so they were taken down on sunday morning. Don't worry, we can do much better next time.
Shriram, how much does it cost to put up a poster for 3 days? Just in case, we want to do it, in Bangalore, next time.

Yes, we can do much better next time. Since I gripped about the lack of accomodation, I can volunteer to make the 2Rs std calls, next time, with help from Shriram, of course!
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:22   #105
BHPian

Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I know I am blind, and I was not wearing my spectacles either but I think I saw that the golden rim had a crack when it was placed in Chirag's car. Did you by any chance miss out on noticing the crack?
In all these days, I haven't seen or heard of an Enkei alloy being literally "cracked", no matter what punishment is thrown at them. Heck, they were even used in INRC OHC VTECs for crying out loud. More so, I've seen Rally Balenos running with the OHC VTEC's alloys with the center Honda Logo removed.

Considering what Rahul is saying is true, the alloy in question will have to suffer a lot of impact of unfanthomable degree, or a history of multiple bad impacts. All this, of course, assuming that they were indeed "original" Enkeis and brought brand new or having a known history in case of being bought second-hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks