Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Like Every Year,Speed Run 08 was terribally organised...Any news on what's going to run tomorrow and from what time ?
Old 1st March 2008, 21:09   #17
BHPian

jus came back from the event ,was in the 2000 cc street stock, did not even get to see the drag strip ..lol,
to put it mildly it was a huge letdown.
not even thinking of going on sunday [ supposed to start at 8 in the morning sheesh]
even though i am grateful to Autocar for hosting the event ,jus wish it was managed better ,without such longgggg delays and waits,and not forget that this event is for the participants and not some VVIPS

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (jus = just, dat = that, etc), and please use proper punctuation and capitalization.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st March 2008 at 22:31. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Absolute crap arrangement. first at the drivers brief we were made to wait for 3.5 hours for some stupid reason, then some of the drivers had to go collect their stuff from the Autocar office.
Cut to Drag day1.
Rubbish arrangement. If you were not in the VIP stand, you were wondering why you were there in the first place.
There was only one strip working because the sensors on the timer were off. So guess what only one strip was used, resulting in delays and further delays. Add to that the most annoying announcer in the world. Think the sponsors got him for free, he was so Baaad!
The bike events went on for 5.45 pm and then it was practice runs resulting in a free for all.
Bad Bad Bad is all i can say.!! Very disappointed with the arrangements and I hope Auto car who claim to be very professional, take a note of this. Sick!!
Hope tomorrow works fine, but i dont know how everything will be accomodated. Guess what the event never got beyond a few street stock cars in the upto the 1100cc category.
Hope someone learns something from this
Old 1st March 2008, 22:39   #19
BHPian

Any updates? did anything happen today?
Did the bikes run?

EDIT: ****! Must've been really frustrating man! hope they change the annoying announcer tomorrow, we're headed from Pune at 0700hrs. See you guys there!

Last edited by shrivz : 1st March 2008 at 22:42.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Day 1 has been terrible. It was full of nothing but those irritating sounding bikes. I was hoping that the whole thing would be better managegd this time, seeing it being turned into a ticketed event. But it was really sad to see that despite taking an entry fee of 50 rupees for watching the event from the genereal spectator stand, they did not provide even basic seating for them. Even though some of us were very fortunate of being in the VIP enclosure it was a bad sight to see these people get roasted in the sun. We were no different though. Towards the end of the day only few cars go their practie runs and een fewer their final runs. Add to that one lane was not used since the computerized time keep conked. That added to the delay.

I am really wondering how they are going to finish Indian cars, modfied Indian cars, foreign bikes and cars in one day when they almost took all day today just for those indian bikes.

Again most of the so called VIP spectators were those who were not interested in racing but just spending the weekend out. What a waste of passes.

And last but not the least, the annoucer. What was Autocar thinking when they hired him?

Last edited by Dippy : 1st March 2008 at 22:47.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Absolute crap arrangement. first at the drivers brief we were made to wait for 3.5 hours for some stupid reason, then some of the drivers had to go collect their stuff from the Autocar office.
Cut to Drag day1.
Rubbish arrangement. If you were not in the VIP stand, you were wondering why you were there in the first place.
There was only one strip working because the sensors on the timer were off. So guess what only one strip was used, resulting in delays and further delays. Add to that the most annoying announcer in the world. Think the sponsors got him for free, he was so Baaad!
The bike events went on for 5.45 pm and then it was practice runs resulting in a free for all.
Bad Bad Bad is all i can say.!! Very disappointed with the arrangements and I hope Auto car who claim to be very professional, take a note of this. Sick!!
Hope tomorrow works fine, but i dont know how everything will be accomodated. Guess what the event never got beyond a few street stock cars in the upto the 1100cc category.
Hope someone learns something from this
Right, I think I am gonna pull-out of the drag. I was completely put-off by being made to wait from 5 p.m. till 9.30 p.m. at the drivers' briefing. The organisation was absolutely non-existent. A local train in rush hour is more organised. Now having read what you guys are saying, I honestly can't see the sense in waking up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday to put-up with this BS, and, especially since people are saying that you don't even get to see the track unless you're in the VIP stand and that the timing is all bonkers...game over. Too bad, I was quite looking-forward to it.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 1st March 2008 at 22:50.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:51   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly it's terrible for the public. If you haven't managed a VIP pass, don't bother, you'll roast and won't see much in the end.
Old 1st March 2008, 22:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering...where do people with the "green wrist-bands" get to sit / stand to watch the event? Are they able to view the drag strip well? Is it shaded? I ask because a friend of mine wanted to come, but he has broken his leg, so I really don't want him to come all the way there just to suffer.
Old 1st March 2008, 23:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

After listening to all these stories, i really don't regret not being able to make it.

Good luck to all team-bhpians running tom.

Shan2nu
Old 1st March 2008, 23:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Right, I think I am gonna pull-out of the drag. I was completely put-off by being made to wait from 5 p.m. till 9.30 p.m. at the drivers' briefing. The organisation was absolutely non-existent. A local train in rush hour is more organised. Now having read what you guys are saying, I honestly can't see the sense in waking up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday to put-up with this BS, and, especially since people are saying that you don't even get to see the track unless you're in the VIP stand and that the timing is all bonkers...game over. Too bad, I was quite looking-forward to it.
Since you are not too keen on racing after hearing about the Speed Run from us, why not come to the dinner meet after the Run?
Old 1st March 2008, 23:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

The whole mismanaged event had a silver lining. Amongst all the mayhem the Team-Bhpians wherever together had fun. Like even when you go to a dead place, if you have good friends or family along the place doesnt matter. The event does not matter too. Thats why I will go again tomorrow. Thanks to all you guys who were in the enclosure and even out of it. On the track, the VIP stands and in the pitts (pun not intended).
I dont need to give names, you know who you are.
Old 1st March 2008, 23:12   #27
BHPian

what the hell ... i was waiting to see some good pics vids etc ..
maan u guys are all pissed off ..must be truly crappy ...
guys see if u can get some vids from next day's run ...
Old 1st March 2008, 23:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

I've never been to the Kharghar Run. During the first three years it used to be at Reclamation so I could see everything right from my window. And when I did bother to go down with my DigiCam, somehow I always managed to coolly and calmly walk past security and into the VIP enclosure and take some fantastic pictures. They never stopped me once. I was so annoyed when they moved the scene to Kharghar. I still remember doing a full-on photoshoot of the Poonawallas' Ferrari 360 three years back. And when the superbikes took to the strip, the whole of Reclamation echoed. Aaaah those were the days!!
Old 1st March 2008, 23:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is bullcrap. Looks like there is absolutely no change in the organizational quality from 2005 when I went to Bombay just to watch (a decision I regretted for a long time).
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

The participants should launch a protest about the way they were made to wait . Nobody says anything so these guys just get away with it every year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks