Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:12   #91
Team-BHP Support

Jalsa777, heavy_foot & sinner,

Thanks a ton for posting those first batch of pictures! Im sure all the others will start posting their pics soon.

Dominator, you've been waiting a long time to say that havent you, but dont make it sound like all of us ridiculed you.

cya
R
Old 3rd March 2008, 09:00   #92
BHPian

Somebody mentioned about TBHP Speedrun. Not a bad idea. We could do it region wise, and then have a final meet somewhere. What say?
Old 3rd March 2008, 09:11   #93
BHPian

Hey jalsa,

Amazing pics.

The Zapp stickers seem to have ruined all the cars.
Old 3rd March 2008, 09:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Jitu' OHC clocked a 14.1x as best time for the day, and jigy did a mind boggling 8.74. Nono, that was a timin error, i'm told he did a 14.9x. Both you guys, everyone at the stands expected better, especially after Jitu has already done a 14.1x in bangalore while NA.
I think Jitu had done a 14.4 or something in Blore.

But i was expecting a lot more than 14.9 from Viper's car. I mean, if the pro stock vtec with the NA B15C2 engine could manage a 15.4sec time. A B16 with TC should have atleast been in the 13s.

Was there a traction issue? Or are these times inclusive of the RT.

Shan2nu
Hi
my car clocked 14.1 e.t, considering setting up of the standalone "Hondata S300" the fuel/ign mapping/ tuning etc was completely done on my own from scratch without any tuners help either from here or abroad, so i guess you should consider that factor as well, this was my first ever attempt to tune the car on my own. If i had called a tuner from abroad to tune my ride then the results would have been different all together, but then we have to be depended on them always. You see its not easy to setup all this if you are not in this profession.

My timing history
1) S.R 06 Mumbai 14.9 No turbo with nitrous installed but not active.
2) S.R 06 Banglore 14.3 Nitrous 75Shot Wet.
3) S.R 08 mumbai 14.1 Only turbo (self tuned)
4) S.R 08 Banglore ??

I am satisfied with my current results since the car was tuned on street and not on dyno & my timing will improve day after day as i get more hands on experience with Tuning Scene.
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:17   #95
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Jitu, its a great result if you ask me. Commendable effort of learning and putting into practice what you have learned, in such a short time frame.

People take years to shave off those secs, on their own.

Three cheers,

Jaggu
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:39   #96
HPP
BHPian

Did you guys get trap speed readings or just the 1/4 mile time?

It would be interesting to hear some of your kmh/mph speeds at the finish line. That would be a decent indicator of your hp levels.
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Jitu,

Great improvement!! Keep it up.

We are proud of you.
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:43   #98
Jay
BHPian

@ The Wolf : Congrats dude...

9.25secs by GS... could somebody post the video, 1st time a car is posting that kind of timing in India i guess...

Also could somebody post the timings of other T-Bhpians and results of different catagories...
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

@Jalsa
great pictures...
that m800 looked WICKED !! with those exhausts protruding out like teeth on bugs bunnys face !

and the swift with the exhaust exit at the front..

made me wonder whether having the exhast exit at the front makes a difference for a drag..?
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

the dodge is only on carnet right?

its not here to stayis it?
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

congrats Jitu,hardwork pays well,keep it up
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:34   #102
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday was an awesome day..what a monster of a car the godzilla is!!..That alone made my day. Then there were a lot of awesome cars running..including
the 2 supras..i like the blue one though the white is faster.
the 2 fast lancer Evos. The black one is a great looker with awesome rims..check out the pictures in the album link.
the white skyline, the red silvia s13, team dragster's orange scooby, Team FS red Mitsu GTO, the lambo, S2000, lotus elise and various other imports. Lovved the red xtreme graphics civic and the white civic. There were so many turbos this time..the BOVs were music to the ears. Loved watching the battle of the 2 b16 turbos..great show Jitu bhai and Viper. Missed watching Keshav's run..how much did he clock?? This time also there were lots and lots of Zens with various state of tunes and engines. Fastest clocked 14.xx.
in the superbikes category.. it was R1s vs the gixxers..as there were so many of them. The top 2 fastest were R1s i think. The gixxers made sweet sound though. There was a lady from New Bombay who participated a 600rr and also a 954..dont remember what time she clocked. There was lot and lot of action..hope someone can put down the speed run experience better.
here is a link for the pics..didnt click too many so please excuse. Will upload a video of the godzilla's run soon..it looks like a plane taking off.

Picasa Web Albums - suraj - speed run 2 d...

Last edited by heavy_foot : 3rd March 2008 at 12:39.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
LOTS of day 2 pics

Picasa Web Albums - jalsa - speed run day 2

ENJOY guys.....
Good snaps there...any info on singhania's skyline or the elise? What about the dodge viper?

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2008 at 01:03. Reason: wot = what. Please type our words in full and not SMS as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Godzilla doing a 9.25 sec run..can some one plz post a video from a better angle?

Picasa Web Albums - suraj - speed run 2 d...
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
when I first started the debate about the skyline a year ago, no one believed me.Finally i have been proved right.remember, we did not run the car at full boost ( she did her last run at 70 % ) because we were not racing on a drag strip,it was just another road.The car is capable of more.

The first run when she did 10.5 was with a co passenger ( Farokh Commissariat ) , it was just a trial run.

So guys, take a bow..Refer to the thread 1200 bhp skyline,where all of you ridiculed me when i suggested the car had the potential to run under 8 second, which I still maintain.
was following the thread closely and u sure were getting bombarded with questions from our members..well rest assured I guess our guys were just curious and insanely eager to know about what was going on. Well i for sure coudnt imagine a 1200 bhp beast on indian soil..shabbirs supra was around 800 i guess was the best before this one stepped in ..anywz all that aside you are one hell of a lucky guy to have been associated with this mean machine..Are u guys gonna race against the blue GTR(Godzilla) any time soon,any clues on the specs for this ..Is it at all racing in this event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Hi
my car clocked 14.1 e.t, considering setting up of the standalone "Hondata S300" the fuel/ign mapping/ tuning etc was completely done on my own from scratch without any tuners help either from here or abroad, so i guess you should consider that factor as well, this was my first ever attempt to tune the car on my own. If i had called a tuner from abroad to tune my ride then the results would have been different all together, but then we have to be depended on them always. You see its not easy to setup all this if you are not in this profession.

My timing history
1) S.R 06 Mumbai 14.9 No turbo with nitrous installed but not active.
2) S.R 06 Banglore 14.3 Nitrous 75Shot Wet.
3) S.R 08 mumbai 14.1 Only turbo (self tuned)
4) S.R 08 Banglore ??

I am satisfied with my current results since the car was tuned on street and not on dyno & my timing will improve day after day as i get more hands on experience with Tuning Scene.
Are u considering any more upgrades for the bangalore run?

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd March 2008 at 13:05. Reason: Please use Multiquote option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks