Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 19:26   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Charitable cause :The 2009 Blind Man Car Rally. EDIT :Now on Sunday, 15th February

NOTE: A report and pictures of this event have been uploaded in the following thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-feb-09-a.html

Confirmed BHPians:

GTO – Mahindra Classic 4x4
Navin – Skoda Octavia RS
Rehaan – Ford Fiesta 1.6
Aditya – Contessa 1.8 (Subject to outstation trip)
Dippy – OHC Automatic
Ford Rocam – OHC 1.6 Turbo
Extreme Power – Camel Trophy Defender
Manson – Mahindra Scorpio
F50 – Swift D
Mad Monkey – Mercedes E280 CDI
Normally_Crazy – Skoda Octavia RS
Sam Kapasi – Hyundai Verna
Nimesh – Toyota Innova
Rash – Skoda Laura DSG
R.P.M. – Ford Mondeo
Samar – Honda Civic
Cyrus43 - Navigator
Arpandiv - Maruti Alto
Speedy - Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Sha09mel - New Honda City
Vikram18 - Honda Civic
Viper - Monster 280 BHP Honda City
Leadf00t - Mitsubishi Lancer
Neofromcapone - Santro
Swale84 - Ford Ikon 1.6
Heman - Alto
Binny - Toyota Innova
Tejas@perioimpl - Honda City
TheMufi - OHC Vtec
D_himan - Swift Vxi

Last year, only a handful of BHPians had taken part. Come on, let's show them car guys can be nice guys too. Let's show 'em how it's done! Registrations are fast running out (only 14 entries left). Please submit your completed applications ASAP!

UPDATE : The Blind Man Car Rally is now rescheduled to Sunday, the 15th of February '09.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th February 2009 at 16:39. Reason: Added link to report thread.
Old 20th January 2009, 19:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

About the Rally:

The Blind Man Car Rally is here again, and is scheduled for Sunday, the 15th of February 2009. The Rally is a fund raiser toward the construction of a new hostel for mentally-deficient girl children at the MDC Home (Mankhurd). At present, the home houses 180 children in facilities suitable only for a hundred! The Rally already has two successful years under its belt.

About the Round Table India:

We would like to introduce Round Table India (RTI) as an organization of non-political and non-sectarian men between the ages of 18 to 40. We have 167 Tables located in 75 cities and towns comprising of businessmen, entrepreneurs, technocrats and professionals. After nearly 60 years of Independence, 50 Million Indian children have never been to school. Ever! To reach out to this group of under privileged children, we proposed in 1998 to provide basic infrastructure for primary education in rural India. And reaching out to One Million children over a period of 10 years. Keeping the millions of under privileged children in mind, we declared our long-term national project as “Freedom Through Education (FTE)”. So far, RTI has been successful in building over 1000 schools at a cost of over Rs. 700 million. Nearly 6,00,000 children have been the beneficiaries.

More information : RTI Website

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2009 at 12:38.
Old 20th January 2009, 19:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Forms & Participation:

The rally registration form has been enclosed alongwith this post (attachment), which includes the entry form, basic requirements and regulations. Few key points to be noted are:
  • The entry fee is Rs. 1,200/- and it comprises of two parts: a) Rs. 1,000. 100% of this amount shall go towards the construction of the MDC hostel. b) Rs. 200 for the MAI Competitive Driving License fees. The licence is valid for one year and is compulsory for taking part in any rally. If you already possess a valid MAI License, please mention its detail in the form to get this fee waived.

• Each team can have a maximum of 3 participants : 1 driver + 2 passengers. The Driver must hold a valid civil driving license. RTI will allocate a visually-impaired navigator to your car.

• The Rally is a Time – Speed – Distance event. Simply put, NO RACING. This implies that points are awarded on your maintaining the correct route and passing through check points in the correct order at the correct time. In this rally, reaching early or driving fast can lead to negative points!

• The coupling event will be held on Saturday, the 14th of February at 1500 hrs (until 1800 hrs). A brief on the rules & regulations will be conducted. Also, you will be introduced to your navigator at the event. Location : NAB (National Association of the Blind) on Worli Seaface (Next to Blue Sea).

• The Rally flag-off is at NAB (National Association of the Blind). On Sunday, the 15th of February 2009 at 0800 hrs.

• All cars are expected to return back to the NAB between 11 a.m. - Noon, following which there will be a prize distribution ceremony as well as lunch at the Blue Sea.

• Completed forms may be submitted to Vishal Mirpuri c/o CRG Apparels, 202, Nand Gopal Estate, Bhawani Shankar Cross Road, Dadar (W), Mumbai - 400 028. Cellphone : 93221.78247

• Questions? Call Ankit on 98200.50288
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entry Form 2009.pdf (1.71 MB, 604 views)
File Type: pdf Participants Introduction Letter.pdf (174.9 KB, 687 views)
File Type: pdf Supplementary Regulations.pdf (342.9 KB, 836 views)

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2011 at 12:12.
Old 20th January 2009, 20:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Would have loved to participate, but won't be here sadly!
Old 20th January 2009, 21:45   #5

Im in..As Always. I hope People dont back out. Last time it was only 4 of us teamBHPians and a very "Outspoken" ex-teamBHPian!!!
Old 20th January 2009, 21:59   #6
BHPian

Guys,
Would have loved to be a part of this event.. Unfortunately would be out of town.
Old 20th January 2009, 23:59   #7
BHPian

Arpan -Alto
Please add me to the list
Old 21st January 2009, 01:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow, you guys are a lot better than BLR. Salaam Mumbai.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:30   #9
BHPian

Similar problem with me too...am not in Bombay currently!!! :(
Old 21st January 2009, 10:14   #10
BHPian

While I cannot participate in the rally due to a technicality (lack of a four-wheeled motorized vehicle ) I will be there at the event to support the good cause ! Have bookmarked this thread as Im quite forgetful.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

GTO would have loved to enter but not sure if i would be up and running early on a sunday morning. Saturday the 7th 1600hrs no way i can be there as i have some guys coming over from Singapore so would be busy with them. I shall none the less fill in the form and try to be there.

Me and the Mercedes ML 320 CDI. Vikrut and anyone else who wants to hop in are most welcome.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:58   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Arpan -Alto
Please add me to the list
Fantastic! Thanks & added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Saturday the 7th 1600hrs no way i can be there as i have some guys coming over from Singapore so would be busy with them. I shall none the less fill in the form and try to be there.
Speedy, as long as you try your best, that is more than enough for a good cause. Suggestion : How about one of your siblings / relatives or (worst case) a chauffeur coming down on saturday for the brief? I am sure this can be accomodated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I hope People dont back out.
Cyrus, I hope your car doesn't break down on the way to the rally. My point? Lets have some optimism in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
While I cannot participate in the rally due to a technicality (lack of a four-wheeled motorized vehicle ) I will be there at the event to support the good cause ! Have bookmarked this thread as Im quite forgetful.
Vikrut, no sweat man! I am sure you can hop into one of the many Team-BHPian cars at the venue. Just PM someone to add your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Would have loved to participate, but won't be here sadly!
We could still put your M3 to good use . For a good cause, you know.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:30   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Team,

This just came in:
  • Expect about 50 - 60 kms of driving. All within Mumbai city limits.

• Passenger names are not an absolute requirement on the forms, at the time of submission. You may provide names on the 7th evening or directly on the 8th Feb morning. Many of us may still be unsure of who is tagging alongwith us in our cars.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Speedy, as long as you try your best, that is more than enough for a good cause. Suggestion : How about one of your siblings / relatives or (worst case) a chauffeur coming down on saturday for the brief? I am sure this can be accomodated.
My cousins are all studying abroad, so no chance of them coming. Dont know my brothers Schedule but will ask him. Chauffeurs would be on duty of the Guests and with Mom and Dad. So Here i am stuck, but dont worry even if i cannot make it for the Rally as a Participant i shall try to be there as a Cheer guy. I would be talking to Mr. Vishaal or Mr Ankit, to see what can be worked out.
Old 21st January 2009, 12:22   #15
BHPian

Eeqbbal-NHC

Add me to the list GTO..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks