Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 12:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

not much of use here. but worth mention. There was a new auto car wash (drive in) started some time ago on SP road near begumpet. What happened? does anyone know? I haven't seen any AD/ promotion after first two months or so.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Actually elaborating on Jassi's idea, a Bar/Pub screening F1 races on a big screen in the evenings after a day out doing drags/karting or a track day (at the later stage) would be a great idea for enthusiasts.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:30   #33
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
screening F1 races on a big screen in the evenings after a day out doing drags/karting
You could also keep screening some of the great races of all time when F1 is not on.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:44   #34
BHPian

Guys,
i know you are discussing abt this place in hyderabad...
i am planning something similar in mumbai(in the outskirts of mumbai to be precise)
i liked going through this thread a lot... very informative and intresting
bt i am thinking more of an off road track for buggies and atvs... with a small patch of tarmac for pocket bike races...

My 2 cents - When opening a new business always keep multiple streams of revenue... once the business starts picking up... concentrate on the core business...
Old 28th January 2009, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
An off road track wouldn't cost you much to start with. Create a series of obstacles, ie rock crawling, slush bogs, inlines etc. I see a situation where on weekends groups of offroaders come over with friends and family and have a ball as each one tries out their skill while friends cheer on.

Eventually your park can organise offroad expeditions as the clientele builds up. That would be awesome

You could even have some games like the paintball (forget what you call it) Imagine being able to stage a mock battle between two companies. Terrific stuff. Attack strategies and all !!! Basically you should package a series of activites for the corporates who may want to bring in staff on a day out of fun and team building. Ex army staff can put together a series of team building exercises

I feel you must start a hobby centre. It should be a one stop shop for any family who want to introduce their kids into wholesome activities.

Aeromodeling, ham radio, astronomy, mountain bikes, trekking equipment, skate boards, model building, fishing, camping gear the list is endless

Basically what I am suggesting is don't limit it to just cars. Make it a lifestyle centre. Cars/karts being a significant component of the overall packages offered. But tons more to choose from in terms of activites.

The adventure sports activities can operate from your centre where the group gathers and heads out for different destinations.

Should you feel its too many things to get into you can always sublet these activities as the infra structure is yours.

Just thinking aloud

An ice skating rink is invariably a hit with families

Oh and also camping trips that you can organise. Boy I can go on and on and on

A little adventure and fun for all. So while Daddy burns rubber on the drag Mummy and the kids can try out ice skating or some other activity. Hey wait times are a changing. You might have girls freaking out on the drag while the boys keep kids busy on ice
I agreed with you till the paintball para. After that I think it was more wishful thinking. As in, most things you mentioned there require mega-investment that is not possible from an individual. They all require HUGE land, and even assuming HPP has that, the pure capital required is unimaginable. HPP as an individual cannot undertake a project of that magnitude. As a corporate body, maybe. NCC, Maytas (lol) and other construction companies may undertake the project and give control to an expert. Just like how an individual cannot be expected to build a shopping mall (unless of course he's super rich like GVK), he cannot be expected to build a project of the magnitude you mentioned. And an ice skating rink requires tremendous investment on its own. No offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Actually yes, I am/was happy see continue to see their business grow. Some of my family are regulars there. I'll have a couple of them chat with them to see what can come of it, or what advice they'd have for us.

But that other go kart track had failed. I forgot the name, but it was a pretty nice track(more technical then runway 9).
There are a few tracks in Hyd AFAIK. One at snow world (indoors), one at Treasure Island, one at a resort in Shamirpet and a couple of others. They're all **** compared to Runway 9. Either too small or karts too slow. Or too many free-riders. (Read cheap crowd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
You could also keep screening some of the great races of all time when F1 is not on.
Would you go to the outskirts of a city to watch a race?

By itself it wouldn't work, but maybe friends having a day out, catching the race, drinking some and coming back late could. Not just F1, cricket and football too are great crowd pullers.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:26   #36
HPP
BHPian

So yeah, I think it's agreed that a few sources of entertainment/revenue streams are important. I also think it's important to try and get the road course set up as soon as possible. That way, one venue can attract two different types of enthusiasts. The off road area is easily enough achieved from the beginning.

Food/restaurant is a must, and maybe instead of an informal family dhaba like I had mention before, maybe it should be a family style "sports bar and grill" as it would be called in the US(but with good dhaba style food). Basically food with multiple tv's showing various sports and motorsports, with special events highlighted on all screens(cricket matches and F1 races etc).

I like splatball, maybe camping, a bunch of mountain bike trails again would be easy to set up, on site tuner/speed shop facilities..

Starting to sound like something that could attract people. If an organized front/marketing scheme was made along with the Bangalore track that is presumed to be under consideration, along with maybe the Coimbatore guys, and this new gentleman who just mentioned his plans for something in Mumbai. A new culture of motorsports could be cultivated within India.

(I didn't highlight all the ideas and organizational thoughts in this thread, but this is covering the general ideas that are standing out.)
Old 29th January 2009, 19:28   #37
BHPian

Seems like you're seriously considering it. Good luck with the Bangalore, Mumbai and Coimbatore people. Good luck with the banks. Good luck with the Government. Good luck with the ground work. And finally, good luck once the project kicks into gear.

Rest assured, my friends and I will be regulars.
Old 30th January 2009, 10:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Seems like you're seriously considering it. Good luck with the Bangalore, Mumbai and Coimbatore people. Good luck with the banks. Good luck with the Government. Good luck with the ground work. And finally, good luck once the project kicks into gear.

it is good to get customers even before a venture starts... thanks for the support f450...
Old 30th January 2009, 11:17   #39
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post

Definitely considering it. As you all know, things move slowly in India, and a project like this will likely move slowly, but persistence and planning are the keys. So yes, it's something I'll continue to work on it to certify feasibility, proceed to put a business plan together, and secure funding/land etc(probably all private parties but open to anything/anyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecase_01 View Post
it is good to get customers even before a venture starts... thanks for the support f450...
It is people like him and the others who will be key in helping spread the word to people traditional marketing doesn't or can't reach. If this goes through, those that helped along the way will not be forgotten.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecase_01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
It is people like him and the others who will be key in helping spread the word to people traditional marketing doesn't or can't reach. If this goes through, those that helped along the way will not be forgotten.
Build a track and trust me people will come. I know people who will come even with stock vehicles just to see how fast it is.

Like me for instance I can't get enough of racing around a track or racing down a drag strip.

Heck the drag strip can even be rented out to automobile comapnies for real world 0 - 100 and quartemile testing. This is the biggest bread earner for the MMSC track in Chennai.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:33   #41
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Build a track and trust me people will come. I know people who will come even with stock vehicles just to see how fast it is.

Like me for instance I can't get enough of racing around a track or racing down a drag strip.

Heck the drag strip can even be rented out to automobile comapnies for real world 0 - 100 and quartemile testing. This is the biggest bread earner for the MMSC track in Chennai.
Now that is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Here in the US, there are so many tracks, renting it to publications doesn't even come across our minds. Renting to movie studios etc as well.. Got me thinking..
Old 30th January 2009, 11:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmmm...
Go to auto motor und sport Fahrsicherheitszentrum Nürburgring - Home and see the courses they offer in germany (nurburgring).
I am going for an aggressive driving 4 day course in march end. Let me know if you want details of their setup.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

wouldn't that idea a coincidence that chennai is a manufacturing hub for cars? Will manufactureres ship their cars to blore/hyd to test and then go back?
HPP, are you planning this in Hyd or in Blore?
i like enterprenual ideas. keep posted.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
wouldn't that idea a coincidence that chennai is a manufacturing hub for cars? Will manufactureres ship their cars to blore/hyd to test and then go back?
They are already doing it. I know for a fact that even Bosch goes to Chennai regularly for testing the diesel equipment that they manufacture.
Old 30th January 2009, 12:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

good idea. i will put my argument. What if the distance factor from Blore to chennai (sripembuthur rt??) is just 250+ ?
HPP hasn't confirmed the location it seems. IF it is HYD, manufactureres from Blore will still may be going to Chennai. IF this is close to Blore, we can woo Blore industries such as Volvo? Chennai industries may still prefer Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks