Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 15:01   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hi Rahul, even I know it's quite hard to digest. But I've been involved with the build right from the start. And we knew it all along that it'd be somewhere in late 13's. 13 was quite a surprise, and let me assure you, it's done keeping all the rules and regulations in mind. Anyone who finds it difficult to believe is welcome to come and have a look.
Looks like you guys have just made friends with GOD and not a tuner . Can you PM me a list of all the mods that are running because I doubt even HKS tuners would hope to get a 13 sec run from a 1300 suzi block NA. Id love to come and make friends with this tuner. Who can sponsor me a flight ticket now?

Adman, do us a favour. Convince your friend to put the car on the rollers and do post the graph here. I think thats when this argument will stop.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:24   #152
BHPian

If you can extract close to 140-150Whp on a 1.3L N.A on a 650KG weight of a car (including driver) coupled with some close ratio gearing with a very good driver + perfect launch & minimum wheel spin that timing would be possible.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:43   #153
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
If you can extract close to 140-150Whp on a 1.3L N.A on a 650KG weight of a car (including driver) coupled with some close ratio gearing with a very good driver + perfect launch & minimum wheel spin that timing would be possible.
Even simpler way to do it, just run a forged block with a cheater shot . Jitu, in Indian drag scene we often have had cars that defy the laws of physics, this surely aint the first time is it?
Old 14th March 2009, 19:48   #154
BHPian

I wouldn't dispute the timing at this point; given the fact that are many more competitions to come and the car in question will definitely be performing at those events, where it can be decided if it was a one-hit wonder or a consistent performer. No amount of mud-slinging and brickbats would help the cause, and come on guys let us not start the Bangalore vs. Bombay thing again- it isn't good for a sport that is still in its infancy and trivial issues like this will just bury it even before it can flourish. Lets hope that torquenite is held in other cities as well including bangalore, which will foster the growth of the sport and help the camaraderie between the partcipants.

At the end of the day, we all are from the same fraternity- whether FWD or RWD, turbo or nitrous, Indian Open or Foreign Open, Street Stock or Pro Stock, Bombay or Bangalore, whether Bangalore Boys go to Bombay or we get the chance to host the Bombay guys- its all in the welfare of the sport- this should be the end point of all actions.

Cheers!! Happy revving.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:11   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I wouldn't dispute the timing at this point; given the fact that are many more competitions to come and the car in question will definitely be performing at those events, where it can be decided if it was a one-hit wonder or a consistent performer. No amount of mud-slinging and brickbats would help the cause, and come on guys let us not start the Bangalore vs. Bombay thing again- it isn't good for a sport that is still in its infancy and trivial issues like this will just bury it even before it can flourish. Lets hope that torquenite is held in other cities as well including bangalore, which will foster the growth of the sport and help the camaraderie between the partcipants.

At the end of the day, we all are from the same fraternity- whether FWD or RWD, turbo or nitrous, Indian Open or Foreign Open, Street Stock or Pro Stock, Bombay or Bangalore, whether Bangalore Boys go to Bombay or we get the chance to host the Bombay guys- its all in the welfare of the sport- this should be the end point of all actions.

Cheers!! Happy revving.

Well said buddy. Three cheers to you.
Old 15th March 2009, 07:06   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
the cover that looks nothing like the B15 mill and still mark it as an Indian Open contender?
I assume you meant our desi "D"15B. Scrutiny for such events is a farce..

Perhaps this is a very wrong way of us looking at the sport. Most of us know what's under the hood of which car. Or at least a fair idea. If timings are what matter at the end of the day, then what are we arguing for/against? Ok. Maybe the Zen wasn't NA.

But, I for one, am amazed to see that a Zen did a 13-er. It's a different story that the Zen might not have had 1.3 parts, may have been running a 1.4 kit, and perhaps a sneaky pete. Yes, it might change the car's category from NA to open/FI class, but nevertheless, 13 seconds is a figure most would give their arms and legs for. Figuratively speaking, of course. The point is that making a fast car takes a lot of effort, and extracting that performance is an even daunter task. Especially when you consider that these are "budget" cars, whooping machines 20 times their worth. Nuts much like myself are far more intrigued by what's under the hood of a fast car than what category it's running in.

Let's leave these itsy bitsies and celebrate the fact that from hereon, we could have not one, but two or maybe more speed festivities during the year in Mumbai and leave it at that, shall we..? Maybe by Speed Run, we could see some Zen clocking a 11 pointer...!!
Old 15th March 2009, 10:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume you meant our desi "D"15B.
Yup, the indian vtec engine is called B15C2. Its basically a D15 block with a D16Y8 head (head code P2J).

Quote:
If timings are what matter at the end of the day, then what are we arguing for/against?
That is possible, provided there are no classes based on engine capacity or mode of induction. Just have one open class, where you are free to race any car with whatever engine you can manage to plonk in. And since the drag event is not bound by technical limitations, there wont be anything to complain about.

At the end of the day, the quickest car wins. Simple!

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 15th March 2009 at 10:46.
Old 17th March 2009, 08:43   #158
Senior - BHPian

IAM BACK.

Met one of the organizers on sunday. The pune(now shifted to mumbai) is now totally cancelled. It will not take place. And the Banglore run maybe postponed due to election in banglore.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:28   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
IAM BACK.

Met one of the organizers on sunday. The pune(now shifted to mumbai) is now totally cancelled. It will not take place. And the Banglore run maybe postponed due to election in banglore.
Dan.. what was the reason for cancellation. COuld you mention that also?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks