Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 19:23   #121
BHPian

Well the turn up wasnt as big as speed run.Even the number of participant were way less compared to speedrun.The question is will they be able to handle the kind of madness that happens at sppedrun.Hope so.
@ Nitrox - The date got delayed and delayed and finally popped up suddenly, cudnt participate as i was in pune for a shoot. Hopefully will be there for the nxt run if and when it happens.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (cudnt = couldn't, nxt = next, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2009 at 02:33. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:57   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Thats a B16 OHC from Gujarat, it was NA when I heard about it last year, don't know what its running now.
I had a word with the tuner of this car he says even he is amazed by such timing, the engine is bone stock B16 with stock ECU with only I/Ex/FF installed . It was running N.A, no turbo, no nitrous, Its something very hard to believe. This car has changed the laws of physics!

sorry : i forgot to add there was no weight reduction too, it was like stock OHC from outside.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 11th March 2009 at 20:01.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:39   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
I had a word with the tuner of this car he says even he is amazed by such timing, the engine is bone stock B16 with stock ECU with only I/Ex/FF installed . It was running N.A, no turbo, no nitrous, Its something very hard to believe. This car has changed the laws of physics!

sorry : i forgot to add there was no weight reduction too, it was like stock OHC from outside.
WHATTT???

The reasons for the shocker could be;
1. I guess the owner was sold a race prepared NA mill which he didnt realize or wasnt told!!!
2. It has a 2L bottom which N1 n the owner dont know of!!!
3. He lied to you that it was NA!!!
4. The car is possessed or may be the driver was Franz Harary!!!
5. Honda accidentally launched one of their test race engine on a common car by mistake!!!
6. Christmas tree error.
7. Owner got the result fudged some how.
8. All this is a dream and Im gonna wake up to realize that soon!!!
Old 11th March 2009, 20:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Shocking!

Maybe the GTR was pulling it and nobody noticed...
Old 11th March 2009, 20:46   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
WHATTT???

The reasons for the shocker could be;
1. I guess the owner was sold a race prepared NA mill which he didnt realize or wasnt told!!!
2. It has a 2L bottom which N1 n the owner dont know of!!!
3. He lied to you that it was NA!!!
4. The car is possessed or may be the driver was Franz Harary!!!
5. Honda accidentally launched one of their test race engine on a common car by mistake!!!
6. Christmas tree error.
7. Owner got the result fudged some how.
8. All this is a dream and Im gonna wake up to realize that soon!!!
Don't worry,
I will be checking that car in a day or two myself as he is facing some mounting issues with the engine, will update once i check it personally.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if its really happening or not? I cant get through to the numbers. Really dont want to miss the "Pune" leg do I? Come on people in the know help out.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

JEEZUZ. A 12 second Zen. Hm. We're getting into serious Aussie territory here. DMWDave's Swift, more specifically. Only us Indians are doing it with G16s instead of G13s. Incredible.

Unless the timings have been tampered with, I do not see anything wrong with anybody clocking xyz time in the open category...after all, at the end of the day, ET is what matters.

@wolf; ROFLMAO. That signature for real? Or sarcasm at it's humourous best?
Old 11th March 2009, 22:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So that gives it a ptwr of just 160-170bhp/ton. He should have been doing low 14's.

BTW, was this car running in the same lane as the 12.6 sec Zen?

If its a timing error, that would be really sad. Coz if an error can make a car clock a faster time, it can do the opposite as well. So what are we supposed to believe?

Shan2nu
Old 12th March 2009, 01:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

Jitu - More details on the OHC once you see it, the timing seems too good to be true.
Old 12th March 2009, 06:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
INDIAN OPEN LANE L/R Elapse time Reaction time Total Time Position
177 Shenal Shah Honda black R 12.149 0.984 13.133 1
DING!! Time for a christmas tree to watch the official christmas tree.

How does a non-Indian produced engine get classed in Indian open?
Old 12th March 2009, 11:00   #131
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Without meaning to offend anyone I have a simple question. If a certain car is suspect then why did the people who have objections (if any) not complain. They had to put the protest fee and expose those people. There is no point in screaming or doing a post morten after the event is over. Raj apparently did protest but did not put down the money hence the claimed cheaters could not be exposed. See everyone is innocent till proven guilty period.

Viper
Old 12th March 2009, 15:17   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Jitu - More details on the OHC once you see it, the timing seems too good to be true.
The car left for gujrat last night, without naming the main tuner who is also on Forums Mains list of Tuners, what he said is that there is something definitely wrong somewhere or it could be an human error too.
Old 12th March 2009, 17:42   #133
Awaiting Email Confirmation

does anyone have a video of this honda run? And I wouldn't dare to even think the car is built for that power in NA form.
But I have put all my money on a timing error period.. Besides if possible, someone tell me this. What tyres was this guy running and size.
Ok, two words, "TIMING ERROR".
Old 12th March 2009, 22:00   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
Any Idea what was the timing for Q7 ?
132 Mihir Shishir Dharkar Audi Q7 Grey 4200 R 14.756 0.883 15.639 1
Old 13th March 2009, 01:47   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro View Post
Did this event run under an FMSCI permit?
If yes, then why does the safety look so lax in the videos?
Ummm yes..Why else would everyone need a licence. Safety is the same as it were in other similar events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hmm it would be interesting to see how the organizers would react in such a case! Im guessing there wasnt proper scrutiny coz of which such a thing was successfully pulled off! Some how I feel these things happen in every event conducted in mumbai, donno why!!!

Whats done is done. Proper scrutiny was very lax for the STREET STOCK category in the speed run too. Happens in mumbai too as in everywhere else. its difficult to catch culprits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Any idea if its really happening or not? I cant get through to the numbers. Really dont want to miss the "Pune" leg do I? Come on people in the know help out.
Not for 2 weeks or so. Not it pune for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks