Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 11:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

TRACK DAY? P & P Report

Well it was a blast!

Woke up to calls at 6:30 and got ready came down checked the car picked up a friend adn was joined by Sujayendra (Black RS).
We reached Dakshin Honda on time (Rudra I made it on time!!) Was greeted by Shahnavaz,Hrishi,Viddy, Vikram, Gautam, Farah,Shilpi, and some more people and of Course the RS guru Siddhartha (just kidding)
Topped up the tanks and we were on our way.

Hrishi had suggested a place called Rosin fro breakfast and headed to it unfortunately noone paid attention to how far it was and everyone was famished by the time we got there. Some of the senio bhpians and the muderator were smart and stopped earlier. We poor souls drove and drove and drove in anticipatin of chicken omelette to rosin. DINT GET ANY!!!! so a normal dosa breakfast a coffee and onwards we drove.

Got to the track at 12:45 greeted by the Redbull Girls and cold Redbull. The turnout was impressive, an Audi A6 was there too. Vikram did the rounds collected the fees adn the wait for the start of the session began. This time was spent getting acquainted with the chennai boys. Guys pleasure meeting you all and of course AliG from Bombay.
1:30pm and the track was OPEN!!!! the cars were prepped and session began. Lots of new people, around some information was exchanged as to driving around the lap and cars started the rounds.
I drove the baleno for a couple of laps and came back to find oil spurting in the engine bay! the culprit being g a popped Dip stick, fixed it back and on the way again. Lots of cars on the track. Some slow some fast, all in all a good time. Vikram's swift and the black RS were fast and handling well till Vikram had some minor issues with his car.

The sx4 was sounding great too and moved quick, they were tuning the car plus Memo had tire issues so he was not pushing it. The RS was a dream needed better Rubber though. Farah drove pretty well, I am impressed. The Truck was of course the show stealer followed by the Audi.
The heat was a bit tooo much as most cars had heating issues and needed to cool down after a few laps. Except Sidhartha his tires were screaming no no no no while the car wanted to do more laps LOL.
I did not pay much attention to all cars but some definitely caought my eye:
1. The Ikon had a sweet Exhaust.
2. The m-800 was QUICK
other than this the heat was getting to me, cold water brought by Shahnavaz was the saving grace (thank you thank you thank you)
Did my last lap at around 5pm with Viddy and left for much awaited lunch to the Muscat bakery. Grabbed a bite lots of cold water and cold Maaza and back to Bangalore.

Last edited by iceman91 : 6th April 2009 at 11:14.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:14   #2
BHPian

Can we have some pictures please? What timings was the Audi A6 doing?
Old 6th April 2009, 11:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Contd.

The return trip was slow, topeed up tanks again and started a convoy as Vikram had to drive slow plus most were tired. had a few stops on the way and got back around midnight.
Sorry I have no pics others please do the needful

My Car:
Well it handled very well as per me, Sujayendra and Akshay who drove it. I had to cool it a bit now and then else was a dream to drive.

The Black RS:
It was a BEAST, all it needs is new Rubber. the car handles lovely even better than the baleno IMO. had no heating issues, power was adequate. the only downside was it drank fuel on the track. I dont think this was a concern but just mentioning it.

Other than this did not drive anyone elses cars so no comments

Looking forward to the next one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Can we have some pictures please? What timings was the Audi A6 doing?
I have no idea about timings as it was leisure drive he was not pushing it.
Straights he did 165kmph

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th April 2009 at 11:32. Reason: Amit is excited. Hence this edit.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

took very few pictures of the cars themselves! :(

tried uploading them earlier.. but had to resize the images.

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-track1.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-track2.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-p1013860.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-p1013825.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-p1013842.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-p1013841.jpg
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-track3.jpg

Last edited by madan80 : 6th April 2009 at 11:49.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures Madan
P.s. not one of my car :( (just kidding)
Old 6th April 2009, 11:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

the first two pics with clouds in the back look excellent.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am NO expert but doesn't a car with closed glasses would give a slight better track completion figures. Like vRS and Swift may had extracted slight better figures with closed glasses like ikon.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:13   #8
BHPian

Ok, now that there is a separate thread to crib more.

I was expecting to get a chance to get to know more team-bhp'ns and to add a face to the already familiar handle. Since this was "not" the first time for many guys they were more than happy to chat with the guys they already know. I was asking around who is who as I knew the ride and did't know whom the ride belonged to. After sometime I just gave up as I ended up asking questions and did't get much reply.

A short (say 5mins) intro would have been nice. Most guys were busy changing tyres and I did't want to get in their way.

madan80, Rahulkool, vikram_d, supremeBaleno, Nitrous, mclaren1885, hrag, siddartha, Akshay (what's ur handle man ?), the_trooper, slipstream, Vid6639 are the list of names I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I am NO expert but doesn't a car with closed glasses would give a slight better track completion figures. Like vRS and Swift may had extracted slight better figures with closed glasses like ikon.
Yes, I guess you are right. That is exactly what I did with the A/C on to beat the heat he he

Last edited by yzfrj : 6th April 2009 at 12:16.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Riju I remember meeting you. Againit is repeated like on other threads if you want something go for it. You want to meet people go and say hi not everyone there was a teambhpian. I came with 4 friends who are not tbhpians. A lot came there to drive on the track and are not aware of tbhp so they have no idea as to who is who and maybe they are not interested
Akshay is known as V1p3r
Old 6th April 2009, 12:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Well it was a blast!

Woke up to calls at 6:30 and got ready came down
You woke up at 6:30, that's news.
Man , missed this time hopefully the next time I can make it. How come no photos of your car doing a lap.
@vikram, hope the problem is sorted, does the turbo need repairs after what happened?
Old 6th April 2009, 12:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

:( missed the fun trying to keep dad happy. I swear I am not going to miss the next one.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
A lot came there to drive on the track and are not aware of tbhp so they have no idea as to who is who and maybe they are not interested
Akshay is known as V1p3r
Yes, exactly. I got lot of stares from people (when I tried to get a conversation started) who are not aware of team-bhp.
I had no clue who are the bhp'ns and who are the "normal" folks.

I know your car, but does't recall your face.

To tell you the truth, I was expecting a bit more friendly crowd, but unlike me (who just came to have a go on the track, meet some bhp'ns and see some tricked out cars) some people came here to test the car/set-up. So its nobodies fault I guess. Maybe my perspective is wrong. I'll have no further comments

Vid6639 and SB , where are you guys ?
Pic please.
madan80, man don't tell me you got only 7 pics.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
@vikram, hope the problem is sorted, does the turbo need repairs after what happened?
Well, it is still giving out a little bit of un-burnt oil smoke from the exhaust. The car is in the garage as we speak. It is going to get worked on only in a couple of days time as Vasu is busy with another couple of cars.

The turbo seemed to be spooling fine on my way back. Don't think it will need any repairs except for a proper diesel wash to wash away any oil remaining inside it.

On the same note, I would like to thank all the Bangy & Chennai boys who could make it. It was good fun meeting you all.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th April 2009 at 12:51.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

That RS was running Ad07s earlier. He's running Contisportcontacts now. He says it's good for drifting .
Old 6th April 2009, 12:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

yeah dinar I woke at 6:30 in the morning
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks