Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 11:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

How i'd like to see Madhu do sub 13secs and Wolf do sub 15secs at the same event. Bbay seems to be the best place for it to happen.

BTW where r the B16 OHCs? With the kind of power those monsters have, they should be in the 11 sec bracket!!!

Shan2nu
Old 12th October 2009, 11:13   #62
BHPian

Does anyone have the timings for cars in the Prostock 1401-1600cc category?
Old 12th October 2009, 11:27   #63
BHPian

Some more pics

The "Accord 2.4" that could not do well.

Attached Thumbnails
Deccan Quartermile Drag III- 3rd & 4th October 2009-dsc01762a.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag III- 3rd & 4th October 2009-dsc01763a.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag III- 3rd & 4th October 2009-dsc01764.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 15:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

What was the official timing for the 2.4 Contraption?

Im getting 17.3 on the stop watch.

Shan2nu
Old 12th October 2009, 17:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

Shan2nu
You are close Shantanu. It was 16.853, check this pic:
Deccan Quartermile Drag III- 3rd & 4th October 2009-low-res.jpg

By the next drag race, I speculate it will reduce another second!
raj.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
You are close Shantanu. It was 16.853, check this pic:

By the next drag race, I speculate it will reduce another second!
raj.
Thanks Raj for clicking that timing pic and putting it up.

As we say - Tumhara muh mein ghee shakkar, for your prediction that it will take another second off by the next drag.

I certainly hope that car does well, that will be just reward for all the effort Prabhu, Suren181, Pulsar56 and Absynthguzzler have put into putting it together.

Cheers,
Old 12th October 2009, 18:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks Raj for clicking that timing pic and putting it up.
That picture was one opportunity, I was eagerly waiting for at the race!

Quote:
As we say - Tumhara muh mein ghee shakkar, for your prediction that it will take another second off by the next drag.
Quote:
I certainly hope that car does well, that will be just reward for all the effort Prabhu, Suren181, Pulsar56 and Absynthguzzler have put into putting it together.
Suren was the initiator for this project rather he is the initiator for prabhu to enter the drag racing! At least for the sake of suren, it should do well.

Pulsar and Absynth were there through out the preparation of this car and the zen. As if it was their own car or they have put in their money!! But more than money they have put in their valuable time and effort which is priceless.

Absynth in the man for FG work.

Yes, btw some more bhpians from other cities are expected to be providing their support to this project. What I heard at the last race if it was right, then it would not be a surprise if this one does sub-15 sec run!!
Old 12th October 2009, 18:43   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Madhu Sudhan Reddy 13.360 0.699 14.059

Joel Joseph 15.429 1.115 16.544

Joel, bro, gotta work on that RT. Killer time though. A lot of respect for the way you race.

I had predicted an early 13s run for Madhu. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we can expect a 12.x run from him in Mumbai, should SR happen. It would be killer to see that car and time, the quickest time from an Indian sedan, keep up with imports and AWDs.
Thanks Akshay. Yes, the RT needs to be improved and also I did not launch the bike right coz of some fear inside me on the set-up since the AFR was not right.
I tested the same set-up as it is, yesterday and it did a 14.4 sec pass with some crazy exit speed .

Joel
Old 13th October 2009, 07:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

It did a 15.xx run in practice. But being a shakedown entry, the focus was on seeing that it ran reliably, rather than fast. The car was finished the same morning as the race. And not a shred of fibre anyway, that's sheetmetal throughout. What you're looking at could well be the blueprint for the first Indian 10 second car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Thanks Akshay. Yes, the RT needs to be improved and also I did not launch the bike right coz of some fear inside me on the set-up since the AFR was not right.
I tested the same set-up as it is, yesterday and it did a 14.4 sec pass with some crazy exit speed .

Joel
Bugger I really can't fathom how you guys check exit speeds! I hope to high heavens you have a datalogger of some sort, because I've seen enough idiots in cars look down at their speedo at 140+ to clock the moment for posterity!
Old 13th October 2009, 10:14   #70
BHPian

10 Sec!! hmm!! interesting, that means they are planning to go FI.. or is it already FI (am I missing something)?

Quote:
It did a 15.xx run in practice. But being a shakedown entry, the focus was on seeing that it ran reliably, rather than fast. The car was finished the same morning as the race. And not a shred of fibre anyway, that's sheetmetal throughout. What you're looking at could well be the blueprint for the first Indian 10 second car.

Bugger I really can't fathom how you guys check exit speeds! I hope to high heavens you have a datalogger of some sort, because I've seen enough idiots in cars look down at their speedo at 140+ to clock the moment for posterity!
Old 13th October 2009, 10:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
10 Sec!! hmm!! interesting, that means they are planning to go FI.. or is it already FI (am I missing something)?
Quote:
..... that's sheetmetal throughout. What you're looking at could well be the blueprint for the first Indian 10 second car.
shhh....!

Quote:
Bu663r I really can't fathom how you guys check exit speeds! I hope to high heavens you have a datalogger of some sort, because I've seen enough idiots in cars look down at their speedo at 140+ to clock the moment for posterity!
Joel has a small pocket device, size of a digital stop watch(at least he used it in Jan 2009 DQM). I think he sticks that on to the bike. It shows the times and speeds!!
Old 13th October 2009, 10:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Drag is not F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Drag racing is all about acceleration, mostly in a straight line. The only thing that matters is the flat out acceleration.

F1 is a completely different ball game altogether. Acceleration is only part of the whole thing. Braking, cornering, grip, handling, endurance as well as FE, all play a vital role in F1.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra
Drag racing is all about acceleration, mostly in a straight line. The only thing that matters is the flat out acceleration.

F1 is a completely different ball game altogether. Acceleration is only part of the whole thing. Braking, cornering, grip, handling, endurance as well as FE, all play a vital role in F1.
Ravveendrra, I think "ssjr0498" meant Fuel Injected (FI) and not Formula 1. LOL.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

No, he meant Forced Induction, not Fuel Injected or Formula 1
Old 13th October 2009, 11:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Ravveendrra, I think "ssjr0498" meant Fuel Injected (FI) and not Formula 1. LOL.
Erm.. I suppose he meant Forced Induction (turbo/supercharger)!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks