Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 23:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

The next day saw us leaving at 500 hrs. It was cold and there was talk of snow on the pass ahead. Ours was going to be the second TC but to my surprise I was gievn an independent Passage Control Point. Here there is no time calculation but a PC is so cleverly built into a rally route that the navigator has to be really paying attention to his TULIP otherwise he would miss the PC. Miss a PC and you can kiss your chances of winning good bye.
MY PC was into a small circuit built just before the TC2. It was a dry river bed with an awefull path filled with huge stones and pebbles. I could hear the skid plates hit the rocks below with crunching sounds and yet the drivers raced on. Here are the two videos of my PC on Day3.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 12th May 2010 at 23:48.
Old 13th May 2010, 09:58   #182
BHPian

The PC that you were manning on day 3 was really in a very interesting place. We could see TC2 ahead and almost any navigator would be tempted to go and hit it, if you are not following the tulip properly. It was very easy to miss. Add to that the terrain. It was the only off-road stretch on day 3.

It was fun to see Car #1 taking this stretch pretty fast. I was very careful here, having preserved the car for the last 2 days, I did not want to have a DNF.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:34   #183
BHPian

@saurabhm:spotted your car today.how come the roof is damaged?related to this rally??
Old 13th May 2010, 12:24   #184
Senior - BHPian

Yes he took it at quite a speed. I have some other videos where all the cars prior to the one getting stuck did it good speeds. Only those cars which could see the stuck car did the patch slow. It makes an interesting comparison.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:39   #185
Senior - BHPian

@ Octane - did you see it near joydeb da's garage? if yes, then it is his car (Saurabh da, hope you don't mind). EDIT: taking Saurabh M's permission to post pics.

Quote:
...Kaviguru Rally - Kolkata to Shantiniketan...

The Kaviguru rally was a DNF for us. Our first DNF. First rollover. Very frustrating.
We were doing excellent throughout, till it happened at 217 kms from start. We were another 70 kms from the finish line.The car landed in a canal, sideways. Not even a scratch for me or Joseph (NOS Power @ TBHP). The rollcage and helmets saved us.

The car had to be towed to Kolkata. Lying at the workshop now. It arrived this afternoon, while we returned late night, on Saturday...

Ofcourse. We were saved because of the rollcage. Can't deny the importance of having one.
The recovery officials asked whether we wanted to see a doctor, but we were fine. It was not required...

(Only the roof and front fenders were damaged and needs replacement. i guess the roll cage needs to be re-strengthened)
3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-08052010046-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-08052010047-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-08052010048-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-08052010049-large.jpg

Last edited by planet_rocker : 13th May 2010 at 12:47.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:58   #186
BHPian

@planetrocker:Then its not as bad as it looks.

On a different note:Is that garage a good one?Asking cuz I've seen quite a few cars including the Yellow Cedia(mostly rally prepped) come there for various works.

Last edited by octane1002 : 13th May 2010 at 13:00.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:08   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
On a different note:Is that garage a good one?Asking cuz I've seen quite a few cars including the Yellow Cedia(mostly rally prepped) come there for various works.
Yup, Joydeb da (the owner, and himself a rally driver) and his mechs are honest in their approach with any work. Their work is also good. To cite an e.g. when my zen went in recently for suspension change, a problem (courtesy my previous mech) was found. The mechs at this garage worked tirelessly, trying different methods to figure out what the problem was. And the car was only delivered back to me after all problems were sorted out.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:23   #188
BHPian

Quote:
@saurabhm:spotted your car today.how come the roof is damaged?related to this rally??
Quote:
@planetrocker:Then its not as bad as it looks.

@octane1002 - Saw your PM. As @planet mentioned, it happened last Saturday during Kaviguru Rally.

Calcutta Motors (AKA Joydeb-da's garage) is quite well known in the local rally circuit. The yellow Cedia belongs to Sourabh Chaudhuri (he did Indo-Bhutan in that). You will see other rally cars there as well. There are atleast 8-9 cars that participate from that garage in every rally. Its a favourite hangout for rally enthusiasts, discussing all things cars, especially rally cars. You can find me there almost every Sat'day evening.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:58   #189
BHPian

@Saurabh M:.I recognised your ride immediately.In fact its been there for quite sometime now with the tarp on its hood.Whenever I pass through there, there's quite a bevy of modded rides.Will come over one of these weekends.
Wish your ride a quick recovery.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

Gosh Saurabh and Joseph, glad to know that you guys are ok. Pretty hard roll it seems from the pictures. Best wishes even for the small bruises.
@NOS: The goodness of the rubs would have gone with that roll. What do you say for another rubbing down, lol.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:43   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Gosh Saurabh and Joseph, glad to know that you guys are ok. Pretty hard roll it seems from the pictures. Best wishes even for the small bruises.
@NOS: The goodness of the rubs would have gone with that roll. What do you say for another rubbing down, lol.
Sirji, you need to come down again to Kolkata. This time treat is on me.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

Dont tempt me buddy, we might end up walking the roads till 3 am once again, lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks