Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: running NOS cars vs NON-NOS cars..is it fair ????
yes,run all the cars in 1 category only,cant do much for those who cant afford NOS.. 11 13.75%
no..have two separate classes for FI(forced induction) and NON- FI.. 70 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2005, 14:23   #91
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well worldwide it has been proved that NOS IS FORCED INDUCTION.. So now going on to say that chemically inducing oxygen cant be considered as FI is nothing but ignorance.. Well oxygen induced chemically(as in NOS) or mechanically( turbo or super) still goes to point out that u are running an unfair advantage and the calculations provided by psycho points out the same..

this has been accepted worldwide and we do have proof of that in the two links (just a few of the million that exist out there) posted by godfather and psycho.. Well one can take the horse to the pond but cant possibly force it to drink water can u ?? Similarly you are entitled to your views and so are we.. What we are trying to put forth are some logical facts against the belief that was held thus far and something which will benefit all but the sellers of NOS kits in india.. Isnt that the only reason why this rule still exists just to make sure the trend of buying NOS kits is kept up.. My views, though i could be wrong..

PS : so finally u crossed the 400 mark eh psycho.. well done .. I know how hard its been for u to get there .. Now thats what i call crawling at a snails pace ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th December 2005 at 14:27.
Old 26th December 2005, 14:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What we are trying to put forth are some logical facts against the belief that was held thus far and something which will benefit all but the sellers of NOS kits in india.. Isnt that the only reason why this rule still exists just to make sure the trend of buying NOS kits is kept up.. My views, though i could be wrong..
Well we never said that NOS be banned all we are asking for is a level playing field, as for people selling NOS kits all I can say is that there are people out there are selling Turbo's / Superchargers etc hence the to say that they are the benifiters is false. Everyone who is in business will agree that there exists no business without profit.

Personally all I can say is that NOS has become an integral part of Indian Motor Racing and is here to stay and that is why this thread is out to identify the right place for it.
Old 28th December 2005, 21:06   #93
BHPian

Well said Ananth! anyways what's the problem in separating out the two (NOS and otherwise)??? and why shouldn't someone who can't afford NOS etc. look forward to being able to drag???

The_Wolf, going by what you said, tomorrow if I get a top fueler from the US and blow everyone in the foreign open class away with a 4-second run, are you prepared to accept that I have money and you dont, despite the fact that you and others in the class spent several crores getting your 1000bhp Skyline/Supra etc? Is this fair?[/quote]
Old 28th December 2005, 21:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678
The_Wolf, going by what you said, tomorrow if I get a top fueler from the US and blow everyone in the foreign open class away with a 4-second run, are you prepared to accept that I have money and you dont, despite the fact that you and others in the class spent several crores getting your 1000bhp Skyline/Supra etc? Is this fair?
[/quote]

Dude im repeating myself here but JFI dragsters are not cars they are "Dragsters" and they belong to a total different league...lets compare apples with apples here and not with radish or something!!! Have you ever seen cars being pitted against top fuel dragsters anywhere in the world?? nor will you see even the fastest passenger plane competing against a fighter plane!!! Im sure that answers your question.
Old 28th December 2005, 22:21   #95
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the top-fuellers and funny cars are separate categories in the US. But with the brilliant set-up we presently have in India, since classifications are only done on cc, you can very well run top-fuel pro dragsters alongside everone else here, or in open classes!!! This is the point we are trying to make, that classes should be based on things other than just pure displacement...I hope you guys appreciate this now...
Old 28th December 2005, 22:25   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Actually, the top-fuellers and funny cars are separate categories in the US. But with the brilliant set-up we presently have in India, since classifications are only done on cc, you can very well run top-fuel pro dragsters alongside everone else here, or in open classes!!! This is the point we are trying to make, that classes should be based on things other than just pure displacement...I hope you guys appreciate this now...
well said .. U just took the words outta my mouth ..
Old 28th December 2005, 22:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
But with the street and prostreet classes that we agreed upon, hypothetically the top fuellers will still come in prostreet's foreign open class league...We still have a problem there, dont we? Hence I mentioned it has to be cars and not top fuel dragsters or anything of that league.

Last edited by The Wolf : 28th December 2005 at 23:00.
Old 28th December 2005, 22:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry but I don't quite get you...
Old 28th December 2005, 23:00   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
But with the street and prostreet classes that we agreed upon, hypothetically the top fuellers will still come in prostreet's foreign open class league...We still have a problem there, dont we? Hence I mentioned its cars and not top fuel dragsters.
what v1p3r intended to mean was that with the existing rules ANYTHING COULD happen.. Once we see the new rules come into effect (if and when they do) im sure scrutiny would get tighter and would eliminate fingers being pointing like now ..
Old 28th December 2005, 23:08   #100
Senior - BHPian

Yes guys Im with you completely on that. What I was trying to say to some of us talking about topfuellers competing against foreign road cars, is that its a different machine all together and hence shouldnt be thought of considering in the cars class.

I dont know the exact rules that MAI has in its rule book with respect to this concern, I only hope they have But talking about the current organisers, it wouldnt really matter as they have their own rules of running the show and there are tons of them abiding by it foolishly.
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:43   #101
BANNED

Opening up an old thread .. Now that the speedrun dates have been confirmed , any confirmation about the classifications .. Is street vs pro street happening ??

Rtech , any news ??? Anyone for that matter ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd February 2006 at 20:44.
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

As long as its called "Open Class" you can have a NA car running next to a NOS/TC/SC car.

Even running a TC car against a SC car maynot be fair as both have diff characteristics.

If we try and segregate them, we might end up with an NA Open, TC Open, SC Open and NOS Open.

And what about RWD vs AWD vs FWD? Have diff classes for those too?

Atleast for me, "Open is Open". What you can afford, is what you race with.

You don't need to spend on a blown up Supra or a 500+ bhp supercar to be able to do 11-12 sec 1/4 miles. Build something like the Ariel Atom, Westfield Xtr or the Caterham. You'l get there for less than half the price.

Power to weight, gearing and traction is what dragging is all about.

But yeah, if you're talking about the other classes, then it doesn't make sense. We do need a seperate category.

But like i've said bfore, atleast in the open classes, anything goes.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 2nd February 2006 at 22:34.
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:27   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
But like i've said bfore, atleast in the open classes, anything goes.
Shan2nu
Yes thats precisely the way it should stay .. Open class anyone willing to participate should be allowed be it NA , NOS , TC or SC .. But unless we have a confirmation about the rules one cant say much ..

However , on a different thread i read that someone posted that the street vs pro street will happen in other categories like 800-1400 etc .. So wanted to see if anyone esle can confirm ..
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:44   #104
Team-BHP Support

Classes will be segregated this time round with a class for everyone, nos or no nos.
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

There are cars being prepped in India to shame a Westfield or a Caterham. But unlike the latter two that are built by companies, these are built literally in small garages or backyards. So it's tougher to calibrate and finetune chassis, suspension, steering and braking...and with the insane crowds in India, braking is a major concern. However, some pretty whacked rides will be hitting Kharghar...

Coming back to topic, yes, in OPEN class, anything goes. Bring your blender motor... . But the displacement-based classes must differentiate between FI and NA, to showcase true tuning skills.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks