Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 02:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga

Boo! It's the New Bentley EXP 9 F Super Luxurious SUV Concept - Carscoop

Bentley revealed some official photographs of its EXP 9 F concept SUV that is to be displayed at Geneva. Of course, the thought of a Bentley SUV sounds a bit preposterous and even sacrilegious to some. But then everybody's jumping on the sport-ute bandwagon these days.Sadly,even Bentley.

Nevertheless,a very intriguing design study. Here a few photographs.

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept125255b225255d.jpg

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept425255b225255d.jpg

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept325255b225255d.jpg

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept225255b225255d.jpg

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept525255b225255d.jpg

Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga-bentleyexp9fsuvconcept1025255b225255d.jpg
AyAn! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 04:22   #2
BHPian

re: Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV. EDIT, named Bentayga

Now, is it only me that this Bentley looks like the work of some Bollywood directors who copy few Hollywood movies and make one bad movie (like the recent movie "Players"). Anyway the back looks more like a rover, the center console derived from a Cayenne and the front is just Bentley car. Pardon my ignorance, but why would one need silverware in the trunk of a SUV. Overall Bentley should have worked on the front grill. I know you cant re-invent the wheel but common Bentley, You are better than that!
Old 6th March 2012, 05:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Perhaps not the best set of pictures to release initially but I think this concept has potential once we see pictures in flesh- less bling, better alloys, etc.

The rear pic looks solid. I particularly like the integration of the wheel arch on the rear door, it provides the utility of four doors with the sleek look of a two door.

Waiting to see the real deal !
Old 6th March 2012, 06:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is it only me or is the Bentley EXP 9 F Concept does really look like a Range Rover from many angles? After seeing the flak Porsche received when it first introduced the Cayenne and subsequently witnessing its unprecedented success, I do not really want to comment on this thing now. Who knows, this might end up as Bentley's highest-selling and most-profitable car ever. Having said that, the design could have been much better though.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 06:26   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hey Bentley! Why ever not? It is a lovely concept vehicle going by the pictures.
Its the old dinosaur syndrome - adapt or perish and Bentley's only doing that to survive into the longer term.
I think this picture reminds me a bit of the earlier gen Range Rover of the 1980's-1990's albeit with a more modern touch. And those alloys and the lovely Bentley grille etc do certainly set it apart.
Old 6th March 2012, 08:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but why would one need silverware in the trunk of a SUV.
Why Viper,

Won't it be good if you can drive all the way to ladakh (SUV), and set up an awesome dinner beside the lake.

I personally, would like such setup, though from the pics, Im a bit worried about boot space. Roof luggage carriers won't look good on a Bentley.

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 6th March 2012, 10:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of hints of the upcoming Q7, Esp. at the back, and the green house,

When does the production version come? Does this come first or Q7?
Old 6th March 2012, 10:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sure there are hints of the Q7 thrown in. But what's with Bentley and those big round retro style headlights. You cant just assume they will look good on every car Bentley makes. This design is preposterous, hideous in fact.

Now, only if Bentley chooses to go back to the drawing board and redesign the front.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:54   #9
BHPian

Why not ? Bentley, go for it, though I am sure that it will cost an arm and a leg. Will need expensive prosthesis to be able to drive . Please make sure the cutlery doesn't rattle inside !
Old 6th March 2012, 10:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Except for the front, the SUV looks good from other angles.
Hope they change those ugly headlamps to something conventional.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure that I like it or not but one thing I am sure about that if this things turns into reality, the chances of which is high, it will surely be doing good numbers. We might end up seeing few here in India itself, W16 might have place a order for the same by now.

And this a move by Bentley which is forced by pure economics, everybody is making big SUVs and doing good business be it Audi, BMW or even a once a hardcore sportscar maker Porsche, then why should they let go the share of the pie.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 6th March 2012 at 11:22.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:27   #12
BANNED

LAME! It looks like it was modeled on the Evoque's chassis.

I guess this leaves Rolls Royce and Maybach as the last true makers of only hyper luxury cars.

So will they follow the W tradition or will the engine be a V-something?

I wonder what Walter Owen would think of this !?
Old 6th March 2012, 11:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Looks good for a concept. The headlights are very Mulsanne but the fog lamps are just too big and spoils the face. Going to be powered by a 6L twin turbo W12 mated to 8 speed autobox. This will be very heavy and very thirsty.

And for off-roading, Bentley will provide luxurious silk wool floor mats which can be turned over, where they are instead finished in 'ribbed saddle leather'. They have thought of everything, haven't they?
Old 6th March 2012, 12:48   #14
BHPian

The front end reminded me of the London Taxi.

It actually looks better in the design sketch!

Come on Bentley, you can do better than this.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Is it only me or is the Bentley EXP 9 F Concept does really look like a Range Rover from many angles? After seeing the flak Porsche received when it first introduced the Cayenne and subsequently witnessing its unprecedented success, I do not really want to comment on this thing now. Who knows, this might end up as Bentley's highest-selling and most-profitable car ever. Having said that, the design could have been much better though.
True that.
The success would rather depend on the options offered and most importantly the price.
Who wouldn't mind a stonker of an suv with all the bells and whistles at a competitive price compared to its near cousins.

Rather time shall unveil it !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks