Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 08:07   #31
BHPian

Teaser for TopGear starting from 27th of this month.
Old 19th January 2013, 22:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Top Gear Season 19 - Currently on Air

The Bentley GT Speed rally stage preview.

Old 28th January 2013, 11:29   #33
BHPian

Lo and behold! Finally after nearly an year long wait the car gurus are back. I had the series opener on download just after it went on air yesterday. By 9 a.m today it was ready to be served with morning tea!

1. Pagani Huayra bit was a bit dull in my opinion. I was expecting a lot more drama and much louder noises on the track. Both of which didn't happen, thanks to Hammond behind the wheel. Still, *spoiler alert* it was a total surprise to see the Pagani lap a full 2 seconds quicker than the atom.

2. Bentley ContiGT Speed. Ballsy driving from Chris Meeke and breathtaking visuals on a rally stage. Add to that usual daft Captain Slow tricks. Entertaining, to say the least.

3. SIARPC Never cared about it anytime before. Neither this time. The lap was interesting with all snow and zero traction though.

4. Peel P45. Reason why Jeremy Clarkson will always remain the heart and soul of this show. He's been pushing his luck too far for too long now in the name of entertainment and humor. This time it's no different. The way he was fooling around in that Peel everywhere made me realize how big a nutter this guy is. I couldn't help thinking what if he had spilled or rolled that bloody thing on the highway or any other roads he took it for filming.

Tremendous Tractors were a nice touch too! :-p

The preview that they showed in the beginning of this episode promises a lot. Good times ahead!!
Shivank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 17:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Watched the first episode of season 19.

In a word: fun! Liked all three of the main segments. The Huayra was impressive. Rallying the Continental GT Speed, even more so. Jeremy trolling Dragons Den in the end was hilarious! Good stuff all around.

The montage looked promising and I can't wait to watch the episode where the go looking for the source of the river Nile!

PS: If you want to watch the episode it is on Youtube (in HD). Won't be for long, though!
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 22:41   #35
BHPian

Finally the boys are back! Super fun episode to say the least

*spoiler alert*

- Pagani Huayra!! What a machine!! Although I expected a bit more noise and drama from it as shivanK mentioned but it blitz the lap record and how! 1:13:8 is just insane!!
- News section with the real "Good News!!!" and 'Tremendous Tractors' cracked me up, I was rolling on the floor laughing.
- A Bentley on a rally stage, the sight of it with those Scandinavian flicks with breathtaking views around was an awesome spectacle. Christ Meeke really trashed it around the course.
- Jeremy back with his lunacy with the Peel 45, absolutely loved it.

Can't wait for the further weeks, Sunday's just got another reason for eager anticipation!
Old 4th February 2013, 21:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

The second episode is out.
The trio test the Lexus LFA, Aston Martin Vanquish and the Dodge Viper in USA.

The dog fight at the willow spring racetrack is one of the best pieces of videos one will ever see in a car show. Absolutely wonderful.
Old 4th February 2013, 22:31   #37
BHPian

Didn't find the episode all that great.

There was not much fun, as there usually is on their long drives and journeys.

The challenges were not that fun either.

Dunno, maybe I was expecting too much.

SIARPC was great though
Old 4th February 2013, 23:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Saw both episodes. The Bentley clip was amazing. And I so wished the Huayra was a different colour. The silver doesn't do it justice for TG videography.

The 2nd episode is not so bad. Wish they had a different challenge at Palm Springs. And the LFA sounds absolutely gorgeous.
Old 5th February 2013, 08:51   #39
Team-BHP Support

Words cannot express the utter disappointment I felt after watching S19E02.

Top Gear has now truly gone commercial.

- The LFA, the Vanquish and the Viper were not so much reviewed as they were driven by a couple of blokes just for the heck of it. I was looking forward to understanding what the viper feels like to drive. But there was nothing.

- The show feels more scripted than ever! It's so obvious that they're forced to follow a script. The humor is just OK and not as natural as it used to be. it feels like they're doing it just for the sake of it!

- The biggest blooper was @ around 52 minutes into the show when Clarkson and May attempt to fiddle with Hammond's Viper in a bid to get ahead with an advantage the next morning. While they were messing with the car, Jeremy says, "V8 motor" in an American accent. Did he momentarily forget than the Viper is a V10? I'd have expected that to find its way onto the editing-room floor, but alas!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 09:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
- The biggest blooper was @ around 52 minutes into the show when Clarkson and May attempt to fiddle with Hammond's Viper in a bid to get ahead with an advantage the next morning. While they were messing with the car, Jeremy says, "V8 motor" in an American accent. Did he momentarily forget than the Viper is a V10? I'd have expected that to find its way onto the editing-room floor, but alas!
That's because they disengaged 2 cylinders of the Viper by disconnecting the HT leads there by making it a 'V8 motor'.

Yes, the episode was nothing to write home about but the V8 bit was deliberate.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 09:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Words cannot express the utter disappointment I felt after watching S19E02.

Top Gear has now truly gone commercial.
That is spot on! The show just doesn't feel as cool and carefree as it used to be before.
Sad to see this happen to one of the best shows ever on television.

The bit about the V8 motor in the Viper?
I guess Jezza was saying that because, after disconnecting two HT leads, the Viper would only have 8 cylinders working.
I think that's what he meant. Can someone else elaborate on that?
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 10:38   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

As Suhaas pointed out, was terribly disappointed with episode 2. Expected a lot more when I heard it's a road show. The dog fight was brilliant and had some funny moments. Not even a single moment to remember.

Just see the last bit of the video where they race to the Mexican border. Soon after JC fills his car, May takes the map and check the directions. At the intersection, he takes the right and notice the car beside him who drove straight. Was he showing his finger there? Guess he too got the idea that this episode will be boring.
Old 5th February 2013, 19:26   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That's because they disengaged 2 cylinders of the Viper by disconnecting the HT leads there by making it a 'V8 motor'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
The bit about the V8 motor in the Viper?
I guess Jezza was saying that because, after disconnecting two HT leads, the Viper would only have 8 cylinders working.
I think that's what he meant. Can someone else elaborate on that?
You guys are right! I wasn't paying attention and just heard the "V8 motor" bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Just see the last bit of the video where they race to the Mexican border. Soon after JC fills his car, May takes the map and check the directions. At the intersection, he takes the right and notice the car beside him who drove straight. Was he showing his finger there? Guess he too got the idea that this episode will be boring.
Americans don't care for TG UK very much anyway. I don't blame them, they keep dissing their cars all the time!
Old 6th February 2013, 02:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Yup! He was showing the finger there. And from the size of the passenger, I believe it was a minor. Wonder how that got past the editing floor!
Old 6th February 2013, 23:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Watched 2nd episode, was mostly below average but the funny lines kept me going on. One of the best pieces of this episode was the drag race. It was amusing to see these expensive super cars smoked by Pickup Trucks

It was hilarious when Hamster says 'Where's he going' to his competitor during his drag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks