Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 01:47   #76
BHPian

Re: Top Gear Season 19 - Currently on Air

I really loved the Africa special, it was (In my opinion) better than 'Three wise men' and definitely better than the India special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Just got done watching both episodes of the Africa special. Very 'ok' to be honest. Better than some of the other recent specials though ; ).
Oh and I'm sad to see that this was the finale. Very short season according to Wiki. It mentions a Top gear return during the Summer of '13, I wonder what period do the British refer to as Summer. I'm baked here in Mumbai : P
Did a quick check on Google and she says - "The astronomical summer (Northern Hemisphere) 2013 begins on Friday, June 21 and ends on
Saturday, September 21"
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 02:30   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
So, I just started watching Part 1 of the african episode. Did anyone notice the TVS Victor in the background when Clarkson talks about the 528i? Does TVS export their bikes to Africa?

Over the entire season 19, the chemistry between the guys looks fake. Its like as if they have exhausted out their jokes and one liners in the previous seasons, now its got a bit boring. Also, whats this "obsession with sex" that is seen during most of the News segment of TopGear 19?

Also, I feel the pagani episode would have been even better if they had got the Red one which /drive got for their review.
Guys at the risk of getting banned I have to say that of late TG teams antics are getting in my nerves. Whats the idea behind racing cars meant for daily city use and then based on the race performance thrashing it. Clarkson had lost it.
Old 12th March 2013, 07:00   #78
BANNED

This season went from Okay in the beginning to awesome at the end!! Now hoping that Top Gear returns in the middle of the year and we don't have to wait another whole year for more awesomeness..
Old 12th March 2013, 07:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

The africa episode was really good except i wanted a bit more shots of the wildlife. Was really impressed by the roads in a couple of countries built by the chinese! Scenary was fantastic!

Want to find out if the source mentioned for the river nile is the actual one?

In other news i believe the team is shooting in NZ now after wrapping up the aussie part of the shoot. JC pissed off couple of parparazis in Aus callin them names and also the local maui are angry that they shut out a 9km stretch of the beach to film in NZ.
Old 12th March 2013, 10:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys at the risk of getting banned I have to say that of late TG teams antics are getting in my nerves. Whats the idea behind racing cars meant for daily city use and then based on the race performance thrashing it. Clarkson had lost it.
Hasn't he always done that though. I too have found some of his 'reviews' and comparisons bit of a joke, It's all in the name of entertainment so I enjoy.
In Bold made me laugh hard : )

Last edited by Maky : 12th March 2013 at 10:43.
Old 12th March 2013, 10:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
In other news i believe the team is shooting in NZ now after wrapping up the aussie part of the shoot. JC pissed off couple of parparazis in Aus callin them names and also the local maui are angry that they shut out a 9km stretch of the beach to film in NZ.
should have given a spoiler alert there mate!!
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 14:16   #82
BHPian

Below is the link confirming their come back this summer, More feast for Top gear fans. Don't know what to expect but I am sure there will be review of more exotics and a staggering special episode.
https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/s...58978970173441
Mahven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 16:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

Pardon This is slightly offtopic but I wanted to share this
Very Strange...
I went to the Top Gear India website and it shows as hacked o.O. I refreshed the page a couple of times just to make sure. Going to Top gear international website results in the same screen being displayed.
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Season 19 - Currently on Air-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Maky : 12th March 2013 at 16:40.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 01:20   #84
BHPian

I felt the Range Rover challenge was not up to the mark. I feel they manipulate the truth a lot these days just for the sake of entertainment. Many times the Range Rover has mud all over its sides and then next moment the car is completely clean. They had nearly 3 Range Rovers when shooting against the Terramax.

Also did anyone notice a broken part below the Rangie?

Name:  vlcsnap2013031301h12m14s126.png
Views: 1710
Size:  601.1 KB

Looks like they don't care about these details. Also there were 2-3 tracks going uphill on the same ascent. That means Range Rover made it only after repeated attempts! And that to me is a bit disheartening!
Old 13th March 2013, 02:50   #85
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there going to be an India episode again? Towards the end, they did mention "BBC HD is heading for Mumbai next....the toughest place to be a taxi driver"
Old 13th March 2013, 03:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Is there going to be an India episode again? Towards the end, they did mention "BBC HD is heading for Mumbai next....the toughest place to be a taxi driver"
That was not Top Gear, it was another serial on that channel, don't remember the name of the serial.
It was about a London cab driver coming to Mumbai to become a Mumbai taxi driver for a few days. I watched it in between channels so I am not sure of what else they showed.
Old 14th March 2013, 03:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

The Top Gear Africa Special was brilliant! Felt like a good old, proper, "Top Gear" special.
Kinda feel like re-watching some of the other specials again now. Like the Vietnam one!
Old 15th March 2013, 22:21   #88
Team-BHP Support

I feel Top Gear has really turned it up this season.

Every episode has been absolutely brilliant! The recent Africa one was a treat!

I'm just curious though, how much of it is scripted and to what extent do these guys actually repair the cars by themselves (esp. Hammond's Subaru).

Living in that swamp of a hotel one night and then out in the countryside with insects on the next; it's nice to see the stiff British upper lip relaxing it a bit!
Old 15th March 2013, 23:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Watched the Season special and while I wouldn't go to the extent of saying it was disappointing, it was clearly not upto their standards.

If anything this looked liked the most half baked season special, quite a few places where they hushed up things. Also this one looked too scripted & not at all natural (I know all of them are scripted even if they say it isn't or may be that their dialogues are not scripted but in this special even those looked scripted)
Old 16th March 2013, 00:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

I just watched the Africa special part 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hope part II continues the trend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks