Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 01:23   #16
BHPian

re: Suzuki unveils A-Wind Concept, an all-new hatchback in Thailand

That is one horrible looking car. Can't believe the same company which designed cars like the Swift and the Kizashi could up with something so horrendous. It looks like a car designed in the 1990s trying hard to blend in.
Old 29th November 2013, 01:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Rear looks like a rip off of the Renault clio cup.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki unveils A-Wind Concept (aka Celerio), an all-new hatchback in Thailand-renault_clio_cup_031.jpg  

nitrous is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 02:13   #18
BHPian

I am not sure this car can be considered good looking. The last good design from the Suzuki stable was the Swift. This is absolutely hideous. Looks like the designers did not want to think of anything new so bolted together the front of an A Star with the rear of an Alto 800. Add a funny looking chrome grill, alloys and slap on a set of projectors (ala Stingray). And that sums up the A Wind. Also not sure who comes up with these cheesy names?
All in all, a big thumbs down. Why can't they just relaunch the iconic Zen?
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 02:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Also not sure who comes up with these cheesy names?
Just a look at the picture (style) and one echo of the name, the thing that came to my mind - "Will this Ugly Car Fart ?" :rl
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 07:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

The side profile and rear looks neat! But don't like the front. The shape of the rear door and the taillight in isolation looks like the Alto 800 but the overall rear 3/4 profile resemble the Fabia. The outer dimensions say its a B segment hatch like the i10 Grand.

What excites me is the fact that it comes with a 1L petrol engine (K10B?) coupled with CVT.

Here is the picture of the interior of the blue concept car shown.
Suzuki unveils A-Wind Concept (aka Celerio), an all-new hatchback in Thailand-suzukirevealsawindasegmenthatchbackconceptvideo_11.jpg

Hope Suzuki change the front and the name in the production version, especially the name.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 09:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

If they just tone down the front dash and lights and the rear even a little bit in production, it doesnt look any different. They are taking advantage of their reach in India and are not giving anything new. Real lazy company.
Old 29th November 2013, 10:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

To me it looks very lame. Maybe it's the color, proportions or the front design.

This is an effort to spruce and bling up the current gen Alto which unfortunately is not the best looker on the streets. The previous gen was so much better. Not a big fan of what is churning out of the Suzuki stable these days. Hopefully the SX4 replacement will be something that'll change things.
Old 29th November 2013, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Anyone remember the A-Star concept shown at the Auto expo 6 years ago? We thought it would be an amazing looking new small car, instead we got the frog-eyed A-Star, which looked hideous. (Well, I own an A-Star, so I like it these days )

The A-Wind (who thought of that name) concept seems to be closer to production reality, but it looks really ugly. I mean, the tragedy in the Indian market is that a good looking car (Eon) does not sell, while the Alto 800 (ghastly in light blue) is seen everywhere.

Pic source; zcars.com.au
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki unveils A-Wind Concept (aka Celerio), an all-new hatchback in Thailand-suzukiastarconcept1.jpg  

avi550m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 11:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki has displayed the A-Wind Concept at the Thailand International Motor Expo 2013. Will this be the car that replaced the A-Star in India?

Link to News Article
Old 29th November 2013, 12:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the car. Looks quite nice. I hope they stick to the concept version while going into production too.
Old 29th November 2013, 14:22   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Also not sure who comes up with these cheesy names?
Must be the same guy who came up with A-star

I am not sure if the color coordinated interiors is a good thing, except maybe for the ladies. But otherwise the interior quality is a notch above the outgoing models in the segment. The exterior styling is uninspiring to the extent of being overdone. The usage of chrome in the front chrome to be more subtle and the illusion of a grille on the rear makes the car look disproportionately tall and ugly!
Old 29th November 2013, 16:30   #27
BHPian

The overall design is asynchronous and I wonder what design personae they targeted to end up with this. Please notice how the aggressive stance in front grill, with mustache shape and chrome shields, is completely at odds with almost "girlish" appearance in interiors. Back doesn't have a character at all, but that is fine in most of the cases. In my opinion, the VW beetle and our own Chevy beat are the good example for synchronous designs.
Old 29th November 2013, 17:56   #28
BHPian

The near by dealer has no information on the A-Wind but did say that A-Star stock has been given extra discount by the company . As for the successor of A-Star the dealer puts a mid 2014 estimate.

I also had asked about the Gypsy facelift to which he smiled and said "Diesel hai sir"
Old 29th November 2013, 18:48   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source:

This is the new A-Star replacement. And with 1600mm width, it is built on the same A-Star platform, I guess
This looks a lot like the i10 Grand. Did a quick check on the specs and they look very similar when it comes to dimensions
Old 29th November 2013, 22:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I hope they stick to the concept version while going into production too.
The spyshots of the test car look almost the same, except the alloys. It's even rumoured to have a diesel engine.

Last edited by Daewood : 29th November 2013 at 22:49.
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks