Team-BHP - The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/172462-next-gen-bmw-3-series-g20-edit-now-unveiled.html)

BMW have started testing their next gen 3 series & have codenamed it the G20;

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw3seriesspyshotsphotogallery_2.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw3seriesspyshotsphotogallery_3.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw3seriesspyshotsphotogallery_6.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw3seriesspyshotsphotogallery_14.jpg

Should gain in size but at the same time shed weight too & may use CFRP parts (like in 7'er).

One can expect features like self park, fancy touch screen key as seen in the 7 series.

It is expected to be revealed in 2nd half of 2017 :thumbs up

Source

Fresh Spy Shots;

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw-3series-01.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw-3series-04.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw-3series-07.jpg

Just like all 3'ers, Love the Stance :D

Source: BIMMERPOST

Hope this one don't get the grotesque headlamps from 7 series :eek:. Wish they end their obsession with run flats at least for India. The way BMW sales are going down, even with heavy discounts, they sure will need to be more proactive. Not to speak of how costly the 3 have become, can't imagine a 3 series costing ₹60 lakhs!

sad to see a gain in size I was hoping they would make it more taught and introduce some new styling to the car instead of infusing the boring styling cues from the 7 series just like other brands Audi and Mercedes are doing. Ah well there's always the 2 series for that. When will BMW launch the 2er in India? :D

Expectations / Predictions;

- Will be longer & wider
- Lighter
- Will have larger kidney grilles
- Will have the new CLAR platform (New RWD platform)
- Laser Headlamps
- New iDrive (With touch & Gesture Controls)
- New Key with Display & touch
- Semi Autonomous Driving function
- Should be launched in India by late 2018

Spied Again;

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2018bmw3seriesg20spiedatthenurburgringitsfarfromcomplete_2.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2018bmw3seriesg20spiedatthenurburgringitsfarfromcomplete_5.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2018bmw3seriesg20spiedatthenurburgringitsfarfromcomplete_11.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2018bmw3seriesg20spiedatthenurburgringitsfarfromcomplete_24.jpg

Image Source

The G20 BMW 3 Series should land in 2018 as a 2019 model, more spy pics,

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-6.jpg
The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2019bmw3seriesinteriorpartiallyrevealedwithbiginstrumentclusterscreen_1.jpg
The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-3.jpg
Source

BMW is rumored to unveil an all electric 3 Series in September, rivaling Tesla's Model 3.

Quote:

Now German newspaper Handelsblatt reports citing company sources that an electric BMW 3 Series is planned and should be unveiled as soon as in September at the IAA auto show in Frankfurt.
They are reportedly aiming for a range of ~400 km (250 miles), but they are likely referring to NEDC-rated range and therefore, the real-world range could be closer to ~200 miles.
BMW is definitely looking to compete with the Tesla Model 3, which some say is already affecting the vehicle’s sales.

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-capture.jpg

link

The BMW 3-series gets completely redesigned for the 2019 model year, and these images are our clearest look yet at what we can expect from the all-new compact luxury sedan.

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-ce20bda47f0e7ee0000c57c789b9a52e.jpg

Quote:

Like its bigger 5- and 7-series stablemates, the new 3-series features large headlights that appear to merge into the brand’s classic kidney grille design.

Change also is afoot inside the new 3-series, which appears to usher in a new iDrive control knob, new center console buttons, and model-specific seats. As in other recent BMWs, the new 3 will have a center stack that’s curved toward the driver, and it will offer an optional digital gauge cluster and the latest iDrive software, which will include a touchscreen that works in conjunction with the console-mounted control knob.

Platform: The 2019 BMW 3-series will ride on the brand’s new “cluster architecture” platform, dubbed CLAR. (That platform also underpins the 5-series, the 7-series, the new 6-series Gran Turismo, and the new X3.)

Powertrain: The 3-series’ four-cylinder gas engines are said to carry over to the new car unchanged, plus or minus a few horsepower. Base models likely will continue to bear the 320i badge and rely on a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four with about 180 horsepower, while 330i models will pack around 250 ponies. Rear-wheel-drive will be standard, with optional all-wheel-drive models getting the usual xDrive badge. The six-cylinder 340i may give way to a harder-edged M340i M Performance model with approximately 350 horses that will allow the 3-series to properly battle the Audi S4 and the Mercedes-AMG C43. The plug-in hybrid 330e is expected to see upgrades that will improve upon the current model’s paltry 14-mile all-electric EPA driving range. Additionally, BMW is expected to introduce a fully electric version of the new 3-series. The model will be aimed directly at the Tesla Model 3, and it should have over 200 miles of range.

All 2019 3-series trim levels will use an eight-speed automatic transmission; it’s possible that the manual transmission may not make it to America.
SOURCE:https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/2...170000054.html

2019 BMW 3 Series (G20) was spotted testing in the US. Apart from the new styling, the next-gen 3 Series will be based on a new platform and will get updated equipment.

Link to Team-BHP News

All-New BMW 3-Series electrified -prototype spotted,

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw3seriesnewinteriorspy14.jpg

BMW 3-Series' cabin, and it comes via a plug-in hybrid prototype, which is actually a first.
Quote:

Powering the next-gen G20 3-Series will be a variety of petrol and diesel engines, joined by an electrified model or two. A 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four-pot is expected, as is an M40i version with a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder unit. In Europe, 1.5-liter three-cylinder diesel and petrol engines could join the lineup.

The 2019MY BMW 3-Series will most likely see the light of day towards the end of 2018.

link

The only thing I can't fathom with the new BMW vehicles are their front end design. Why can't they design the 5 and 3 series in the same way like the 2 series. Just look how much beautiful is the 2 series.

Source: cars.usnews.com

The new BMW 3 Series – which will be officially on sale in March 2019 will continue to use the three-cylinder and 1.5-liter TwinPower Turbo versions that are mounted on front-wheel drive models such as the MINI or the new X2. Although many believed that the three 1.5-liter cylinders would be delegated to the front-wheel drive models, the 3 Series will continue to have these powertrains.

It is believed that all blocks with TwinPower Turbo technology will have technical improvements such as an increased pressure of the injection system (350 bar), the turbo blow pressure (up to 2500 bar) and a particulate filter which will be added in the gasoline versions. The diesel will get the SCR catalytic converter and AdBlue tank.

The new generation G20 of the 3 Series will offer different mechanical combinations in gasoline, diesel and plug-in hybrids, so that below the “20i” and “20d” will be blocks of three cylinders and up to the “30i” and “30d” four-cylinder blocks will be used.

The top range versions, awaiting the arrival of the new generation of the M3, will be the M340i and M340d. Both equipped with a package design from M Performance, the two models will be the only versions of the range that will mount the six cylinders inline-block with TwinScroll turbos and 3.0 liters, exclusively with all-wheel drive xDrive, differential M, and eight-speed automatic transmission. In the case of diesel M340d, the estimated power will be between 320 and 330 HP, while in the case of the gasoline version, it will rise to 380 HP, a bit more than in the new X3 M40i.

The plugin hybrid versions will be the 325e and 330e. The 325e version will use the same combination seen in the new MINI Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 and for the second, a four-cylinder block will be used. The power figures will be 230 hp in the 325e and 282 hp, approximately, in the 330e.

BMW will unveil the new 3 Series in October at the 2018 Paris Motor Show.

Although the engines are known in the range – all are offered in the range of BMW models currently –they will have technical improvements in the offer of the new generation of the 3 Series that will mean small increases in power, torque, and performance, but the manufacturer will offer a decaffeinated version of the block of the 320d version for the Efficient Dynamics with a maximum power of 170 HP, as you can see in the following table the power figures of the new range, approximate and pending confirmation.

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw-engines.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-bmw_3_2019_sketch830x467.jpg

Source: BMW Blog

Need to start saving for the 340i. This might be the last inline 6 that we see south of the M3.

Interiors Spied up close;

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2019bmw3seriesspiedinsidenew20768x384.jpg

The next-gen BMW 3-Series (G20). EDIT: Now unveiled-2019bmw3seriesspiedinsidenew19768x384.jpg

Source