Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2018, 20:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: USA: Mahindra Roxor to debut on March 2, 2018 EDIT : Now Launched

Forgot to add one thing in my previous post.

Roxor will be so popular in USA that its volumes will out sell the number the THARs sold in India.

And, i can see the Roxor being launched in India very soon. They have the Thar DI with live axles front and rear, it just needs the 2.5 Ltr Turbo!
Old 16th May 2018, 18:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra's plans for the US market

Earlier this year, Mahindra unveiled the Roxor - its first all-terrain vehicle for the US market. Now, a media report suggests that the company will be investing up to a total of US$ 1 billion for expansion and launching new models.

The Indian company has received a grant of US$ 800,000 and US$ 1 million worth job-training subsidies. Local governments have also provided support for the first new investment in the Detroit region after over 25 years. The carmaker has invested US$ 230 million in the new facility, which has an installed capacity of 10,000 units at present.

Depending on the response that the Roxor receives, the company will decide on future models. The company claims to be looking at building a line-up of cars for the US market based on the existing Indian products and tweaking them for the local regulations and specifications. Expansion plans include additional investments of US$ 600 million and job creation for an additional 400 employees.

Mahindra is also one of the four companies in a race for a US$ 6 billion US Postal services delivery vehicle contract. Details regarding its dimensions as well as the planned engine and gearbox combinations were revealed in October 2017.

USA: Mahindra Roxor to debut on March 2, 2018 EDIT : Now Launched-29094408_613313419006440_4539270924196642816_n.jpg

Source - Automotive News

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 16th May 2018 at 18:13.
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 19:34   #48
BHPian

Re: Mahindra's plans for the US market

Thanks for sharing blackwasp. I wish the tweaks and refinements for USA would also help improve domestic models. On my way to work every day at Mount Vernon, Indiana, there is a Mahindra dealer selling Farm equipment. Kind of feel proud to see that, would share some pics of that later.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 09:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
On my way to work every day at Mount Vernon, Indiana, there is a Mahindra dealer selling Farm equipment. Kind of feel proud to see that, would share some pics of that later.
I pass by Mahindra's factory in Auburn Hills, MI every other day. Aside of the Roxors (which are easy to identify), I see a Thar, XUV and Scorpio too these days. Wonder what is going on.
14000rpm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 23:18   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I pass by Mahindra's factory in Auburn Hills, MI every other day. Aside of the Roxors (which are easy to identify), I see a Thar, XUV and Scorpio too these days. Wonder what is going on.

They need to update their ageing portfolio.Their range is dated with hardly any great new addition (or refresh feature as they prefer to call it), worth a mention. Its however soothing to know that there was no Bolero, Savari, Maxx (all 20 plus passenger carriers), Gio, or Maximo sighted here, whose limitations are within the markets to the east.

The front grille treatment for the Roxor is too drab. Its fit and finish also appear to be not very chic, especially for the US market. To avoid a clash with the brand "Jeep" in its home market, M and M have tried to carve a new identity with such a grille, but have forgotten that they are in the world's most competitive market.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 08:01   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
They need to update their ageing portfolio.Their range is dated with hardly any great new addition (or refresh feature as they prefer to call it), worth a mention. Its however soothing to know that there was no Bolero, Savari, Maxx (all 20 plus passenger carriers), Gio, or Maximo sighted here, whose limitations are within the markets to the east.

The front grille treatment for the Roxor is too drab. Its fit and finish also appear to be not very chic, especially for the US market. To avoid a clash with the brand "Jeep" in its home market, M and M have tried to carve a new identity with such a grille, but have forgotten that they are in the world's most competitive market.

Quite! But its deeply encouraging that - despite the nose-sniffing disdain it is getting on this forum - the Roxor appears to have garnered reasonably favorable comments in the local (US) media.

Last edited by shashanka : 20th May 2018 at 08:03.
shashanka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 20:57   #52
BHPian

Posting a link here to an unofficial Roxor forum.

https://teamroxor.com/forums/

Some informative posts from actual Roxor users could be found here.
SandyX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 16:39   #53
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

Roxor will be so popular in USA that its volumes will out sell the number the THARs sold in India.

And, i can see the Roxor being launched in India very soon. They have the Thar DI with live axles front and rear, it just needs the 2.5 Ltr Turbo!
The Thar DI engine is what is being sold there also since the Roxor is 62bhp also MDI3200 is 2.5L Turbo!
Old 8th June 2018, 23:47   #54
BHPian

Roxor drive report by offroad.com. The Americans seem to like honest automobiles and Mahindra did good giving them one.

SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 18:57   #55
Deo
BHPian

Look like Roxor is getting some attention. It was featured "Ace of the Base" segment on thetruthaboutcars --> https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...roxor-classic/
Old 31st July 2018, 15:32   #56
BANNED

Quote:
What's that!? Am I missing something - from what I have seen, the Thar has a standard IFS forward and a live axle at the rear. Is there such a thing as a live axle with independently sprung wheels?

Last edited by shashanka : 31st July 2018 at 15:48.
Old 31st July 2018, 23:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Thar has a standard IFS forward
You're referring to the Thar CRDe. Whereas what's being spoken about is the Thar DI.

In India, Thar has two models on offer (Both with different 2.5 liter engines)

1> Thar CRDe, with the old Scorpio Common Rail Motor with the IFS

2> Thar DI, with the old Mahindra DI engine with a common rail injection system, with Chassis predominantly from the Pre-NGCS mm540, with solid axles front and back. (This one is actually a better vehicle for taking offroad and on which the Roxor is based on)

Last edited by Samurai : 13th August 2018 at 13:55. Reason: changed live to solid
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 11:29   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
You're referring to the Thar CRDe. Whereas what's being spoken about is the Thar DI.

In India, Thar has two models on offer (Both with different 2.5 liter engines)

1> Thar CRDe, with the old Scorpio Common Rail Motor with the IFS

2> Thar DI, with the old Mahindra DI engine with a common rail injection system, with Chassis predominantly from the Pre-NGCS mm540, with live axles front and back. (This one is actually a better vehicle for taking offroad and on which the Roxor is based on)
Thanks 1100D - There's always something to learn on T-BHP! And by the way, its great hearing from you again!

I really didn't know that the Thar was introduced first with a live axle at the front.

Regards,
Shashanka

Last edited by shashanka : 1st August 2018 at 11:30.
Old 10th August 2018, 13:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
What's that!? Am I missing something - from what I have seen, the Thar has a standard IFS forward and a live axle at the rear. Is there such a thing as a live axle with independently sprung wheels?
Hi Shashanka,

Good day to you.

With reference to your comments, please visit the below link for further details.

https://www.mahindrathar.com/mahindr...-specification

Drive Safe

Parm
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 14:11   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Shashanka,
Good day to you.
With reference to your comments, please visit the below link for further details.
https://www.mahindrathar.com/mahindr...-specification
Drive Safe

Parm
Hi Parm,
Great hearing from you too! And thank you for clearing the air - 1100D had just done so earlier. I guess I have not followed the Thar story as sincerely and so had missed the non-IFS bit. The examples I had seen (both in Mumbai & in Lucknow) were only the IFS equipped ones.

And as 1100D pointed out, the live axle at the front would endow huge off-road robustness to the Thar, compared to the IFS model - at the cost of losing a bit of ride comfort!

Regards,
Shashanka

Last edited by shashanka : 10th August 2018 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks