Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 11:23   #136
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
Vettel closed the door on Narain before the overtaking was complete.
I saw the video and it's clearly Karthikeyan's fault. The stewards also penalized him, and rightly so. Perhaps if you didn't loath Vettel blindly, you would have clearly saw that Karthikeyan was completely at fault.

Quote:
He can atleast learn from peers today, like Jenson Button, who acknowledged that he was at fault in running into Narain.
It's saddening to see such an illogical comment coming from a BHPian. Unlike Vettel, Button was at fault and he rightly admitted it.

Quote:
It was only the 2nd race of the season, so nothing is lost yet.
You clearly don't understand value of every single race in a year, regardless of when it was held.

Quote:
Being angry is one thing, but bad mouthing is another. Look at Alonso, how calm he is in a struggling car. He has had incidents, but has maintained his dignity.
I used to think that Vettel should have controlled himself but watching the video, I think Vettel isn't expressing himself enough. I don't remember seeing a more foolish move by someone. How can someone ram into another car's behind just like that? Perhaps my friends were right that I should not support Karthikeyan. He's already a danger to other drivers due to his incredible slowness and refusal to move out of the racing line, but ramming into another car?!

If someone is going to reply/counter me, please ensure two things first-
1. You're not blind in hatred for Vettel just because he's youngest ever double world champion.
2. You're not taking Karthikeyan's side just because he's an Indian.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 27th March 2012 at 11:47. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 27th March 2012, 11:49   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Best part of the race was

Fantastic PR from Lotus

Absolutely priceless
That was a good one. I still remember the rain-drenched race in Sepang couple of seasons back (IIRC, button was declared as winner). When all the drivers were waiting in their cars for the rain to stop, Kimi got rid of the driving suit and was enjoying a Walls ice stick by the sides
Old 27th March 2012, 11:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I used to think that Vettel should have controlled himself but watching the video, I think Vettel isn't expressing himself enough. I don't remember seeing a more foolish move by someone.
Perhaps you didn't see Button's move on NK? or Vettel/Webber incident from Turkey 2010? Vettel/Webber incident Japan 2007 (Vettel ran into the back of Webber behind safety car)? Maybe even Vettel/Kubica incident from Australia 2009 (I think)?

Point is everyone's done something stupid. I don't see this any greater than the incidents I just mentioned especially Vettel running into the back of Webber under safety car conditions in Japan 2007.

Oh! I remember another couple of incidents - Michael spinning out behind the safety car - China 2005. DC crashing in entry to the pit lane (sometime in 1990s), Webber doing the same (sometime in 2007-2008).

Quote:
How can someone ram into another car's behind just like that? Perhaps my friends were right that I should not support Karthikeyan. He's already a danger to other drivers due to his incredible slowness and refusal to move out of the racing line, but ramming into another car?!

1. You're not blind in hatred for Vettel just because he's youngest ever double world champion.
Point #1 - I am neither a fan nor a hater.
Point #2 - Ensured.

Watching the race clip, I do feel NK came back (perhaps because of marbles off the racing line as he says) but Vettel too did cut across him. Maybe Vettel could have ensured that he had actually passed NK before cutting back.

Secondly, getting angry is understandable but calling names is not. It reacts poorly on him. Reminds me of Lewis's comment "maybe because I am black!". It was stupid of him. He's throwing his weight around. Not a mark of a double WC.

Last edited by asr245 : 27th March 2012 at 12:05.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 12:12   #139
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all this it has brought a big change in the drivers championship standings.
This season looks like its going to have the most number of drivers fighting for top spot.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:11   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Secondly, getting angry is understandable but calling names is not. It reacts poorly on him. Reminds me of Lewis's comment "maybe because I am black!". It was stupid of him. He's throwing his weight around. Not a mark of a double WC.
Agreed. In Vettel’s case, probably it could be a translation issue. Probably thought in German and expressed in English. I don’t think much weight should be given to this incident.
Old 27th March 2012, 14:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the video and it's clearly Karthikeyan's fault. The stewards also penalized him, and rightly so. Perhaps if you didn't loath Vettel blindly, you would have clearly saw that Karthikeyan was completely at fault.

It's saddening to see such an illogical comment coming from a BHPian. Unlike Vettel, Button was at fault and he rightly admitted it.

You clearly don't understand value of every single race in a year, regardless of when it was held.
Nothing personal, but having followed F1 for the past 18 Years, I very well know what points mean. Recently in 2010 it was a single point by which Alonso lost the World Championship to Vettle. So I understand, but that does not give Vettel the licence to call someone an "idiot".
Quote:
I used to think that Vettel should have controlled himself but watching the video, I think Vettel isn't expressing himself enough. I don't remember seeing a more foolish move by someone. How can someone ram into another car's behind just like that?
This is motorsport and that too its pinnacle so driving incidents/accidents do happen. Last year Massa was banging cars with Lewis, even this year in Melbourne he banged Bruno Senna's car, so should people call Massa an "idiot".?
Quote:
Perhaps my friends were right that I should not support Karthikeyan. He's already a danger to other drivers due to his incredible slowness and refusal to move out of the racing line, but ramming into another car?!
For the Malaysian GP please add Massa (Ferrari), the Caterhams and Murussia to the list. Even Rosberg was a slow moving car refusing to give way. Does that suggest there should be only top 4-5 teams on the grid.
Quote:
1. Not applicable.
2. Totally impartial.

IMHO, this is the year when a lot of driving talent would be on display, when the cars are more evenly matched and the RBR's or McLaren's don't have a runaway advantage. Alonso, Perez and Button have already staked their claim in the list. Hope the best talent shines through.

Last edited by amitku : 27th March 2012 at 14:52.
Old 27th March 2012, 15:16   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Agreed. In Vettel’s case, probably it could be a translation issue. Probably thought in German and expressed in English. I don’t think much weight should be given to this incident.

It was surely not a translation, hoped a champion can talk better in front of the media

Also i guess he has forgotten about turkey last year
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 15:38   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
It was surely not a translation, hoped a champion can talk better in front of the media

Also i guess he has forgotten about turkey last year
I didn't see this "middle finger" incident earlier. This is awful and truly shameful. A lot of young people make him the role model and as the "Youngest World Champion" idolise him. This incident does not give a good taste.

Maturity. That could be the only reason that Vettel shows the finger, while his team mate Webber did not after the Turkey incident last year.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Can anyone post the link of the full race, as i missed it totally and want to watch it now. Unfortunately there is not repeat telecast in my current area.

Some one please do the needed.
If you wait for another few days, someone will put up the entire race on one of the torrent sites. Free download!

Looking at the hot discussion going on, I thought I should give my two cents worth.

Vettel is clearly a very unhappy guy in that RBR. He is one of those guys who just wants to win every time and he is still coming around to understanding that its not possible.

I didnt quite see anything wrong with what karthikeyan committed at the time. He stuck to the safest area possible on the curve and gave Vettel enough space to go on the inside.

It does remind me of what happened at Turkey last year. Vettel and other front runners should be understanding enough to know that these cars need space too. Vettels come back on Karthikeyan was quite sharp and sudden. Unless he hoped for Narain to completely stop the car and let him through, there was no way that could have been avoided. If it was avoidable, it was all in Vettels hands.

Quite unsporting gestures from the double champ. If he was driving a williams, frank may have chopped off that middle finger.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:36   #145
Senior - BHPian

Watch this collection of unprofessional drivers in F1

Just take it easy guys, important championship points were missed and he was furious! Give it a pass...
Old 27th March 2012, 17:45   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
If you wait for another few days, someone will put up the entire race on one of the torrent sites. Free download!
Jeez, I've already seen two re-runs on TV.

My two cents.
Excellent drive by Alonso. He's leading the championship...perhaps until the next race. Nevertheless a lucky win and should not read too much into it until Ferrari comes up with a better package. His skill is top notch.

Perez, a very competent driver. Will surely pick up points. But may not see the podium for a long time. I don't see Sauber as competitive as the top contenders, especially as the season progress.

The race was so chaotic, Hamilton should be happy to be on the podium. Anything could have happened.

Kimi said he misses racing against other drivers for position, unlike rally where they race against time. Well he pretty much was all alone at the latter part of the race. Anyway he's my man. Very good chance of podium in the near future.

NK vs Button: They were racing for position NK has no obligation to give up the racing line hence fault lies on Button. Button admitted gracefully.

NK vs Vettel: NK was being overlapped. Blue flag. Must give way. He did..but pulled back to racing line too early and clipped Vettel. There was enough space for NK to proceed. Fault lies with NK.

And last but not the least..the finger. Oh yeah! Nothing new, nor surprising. Happened many times in racing. Sometimes its the fist, and sometimes a brawl . I don't see those incidence as demeaning or insulting. Merely an explosion at the heat of the moment. I did those fingers a couple of times myself on normal taffic..and there was hardly anything at stake to speak of... Like the championship .
kaynmantis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 23:41   #147
Senior - BHPian

A superb shot of Alonso & Perez by F1Fanatic.co.uk

Look at Alonso's eyes keeping a close watch on Perez exiting the corner!

2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix-ferralonsepa2012.jpg
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 10:38   #148
BHPian

Although Vettel has been brilliant in the last 2 years, I feel a lot of credit goes to the car for flattering his ability. He has cracked many times while things dont go his away. Regarding his maturity as a double WC and an ambassador for the sport, Bernie thinks he is more affable than Kimi or Schumacher. I disagree though. He seems to be a faithful repeater of what his PR dept churns out. Seb is a bit fake to me.

For example: His comment before the season that "when we get to Australia we all pull our pants down and you show me what you got and I show you what I got". Sounds really immature and as if he is trying too hard to be funny and charismatic.

This incident with NK has been blown out of proportion. Agreed, maybe NK could've moved over more but it does indeed look like Seb is trying to bully his way past. After that, making statements that a colleague is an idiot driver is uncalled for (at anyone, not just NK). What a stark contrast to Button who gracefully accepted his mistake.

Even in Turkey in 2010, he was the one who turned in on Webber and then made all the "webber is a lunatic" handsigns while Webbo maintained a dignified silence and let CH sort it out.

Seb has a long way to go if he has to earn the same amount of respect as other legends of the sport. He is still very much a boy-racer.
good.car-ma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 18:42   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
This incident with NK has been blown out of proportion. Agreed, maybe NK could've moved over more but it does indeed look like Seb is trying to bully his way past. After that, making statements that a colleague is an idiot driver is uncalled for (at anyone, not just NK). What a stark contrast to Button who gracefully accepted his mistake.
The comparison with the NK-Button is incorrect, IMO. Button hit Narain from behind when they were racing for position. NK hit Vettel from behind when Vettel was lapping him. It's an apples-oranges comparison.

Please note that I'm not trying to decide who's wrong in either incident.
Old 28th March 2012, 19:17   #150
BANNED

Whatever said and done, Vettel does not have any business calling a fellow racer an Idiot for a racing incident.

World known fact, Vettel is a sore loser when he looses a race, We just might get to see some more of his Arrogant colors in the next few races.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks