Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:01   #46
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I think now you gotta do something called eat your own words
You don't know for sure! Lotus might have tried hard but Raikkonen still managed to finish 2nd

Sorry McLaren fans but looks like their advantage on fast-n-straight tracks is no more even if pit stop problems were sorted out. Red Bull and Lotus were not so bad compared to McLaren and Mercedes on straights.

With slow-n-curvy tracks coming up, McLaren may as well start worrying about Fernando Alonso.
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Exciting race yet again! Vettel was clinical, as he is when he is in the lead. Kimi was just super to watch, coming from outside the top 10 to finish second. And to think that he was not happy with the car this weekend, that is saying something!

A race to forget for McLaren, the European races could not come any sooner for them. So too Mercedes, they sort of faded away as the weekend progressed. Not to mention Ferrari, who must be hoping they can close the gap sooner rather than later. Full marks to Di Resta and Sahara Force India's 2 stop strategy...what a result for them, terrific stuff!
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:38   #48
BHPian

Fantastic race! Unfortunately could only watch bits of it due to guests at home.

Great drive by Kimi to get as close as he did to Vettel. Alex Yoong mentioned that the Lotus pitstop for Kimi was around a second slower than Vettels each time. If they had been closer, the race could have had a different winner.

I guess Lotus need to up their pitstops & strategy performance at the sharp end of the grid and the wins will come. Great to see Kimi back on the podium.

Surprising fade out by McLaren, behind rosberg and fighting the ferraris! They have been doing their best to shoot themselves in the foot for the last couple of races - the drivers doing well despite goofups.

Mercedes seemed like they just didn't have the pace and it showed. At the finish Rosberg had a HUGE gap to the position ahead, and Michael just didn't make much progress once he got up ~3secs behind Massa.

I was glad to see Massa was much closer to Alonso than earlier races. I really hope he can turn his career around - after being given so many chances by Ferrari. I remember the pace he had before the accident
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:42   #49
BHPian

Guyz, unfortunately i had to miss the race. Can any one give me link where i can watch reply. It would be huge help. Dying to see IceMan's drive.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:22   #50
BANNED

Whatever happened to the 2 incidents that Stewards were watching over.

One was Roseberg and Hamilton, and the other Roseberg and ?? forgot who.

4 races and 4 different winners. Now F1 is exciting.

Spain will be really exciting.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Good race, could have been better if Kimi had won

Both Lotus cars were extremely quick in the opening laps. They overtook Hamilton, Button, Webber, Alonso as if they were lapping them.

Next race is Barcelona, Kimi's going to win it.
Old 23rd April 2012, 00:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Whatever happened to the 2 incidents that Stewards were watching over.
Rosberg let go scot free last i heard.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:13   #53
mgh
BHPian

di Resta pulled off the two stop strategy to finish ahead of both the McLarens (aided by McLaren pit crew!) and both the Ferraris.
Speedwise, the Force India cars are clearly not in the top ten.
Last year they had gone too much for downforce, losing straightline speed. This year, their straightline speed is better.
Let us see how they do on circuits needing more downforce.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
One was Roseberg and Hamilton, and the other Roseberg and ?? forgot who.
Other was Roseberg and Alonso. I think Roseberg should be reprimanded at least. This is what Alonso had to say about the incident “, Instead of such a wide run-off area there had been a wall, I’m not sure I’d be here now to talk about it”.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:25   #55
BHPian

What a fantastic race. Brilliant execution from Vettel, and a stunning drive through the field from 11th to 2nd for the Kimster. Personally, I couldn't have asked for a better Sunday afternoon.
What was great for me to watch was the way both the Lotuses scythed their way through the field. Kimi overtook Grosjean, Webber, Button, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Perez and Massa (I think he may have gotten one or two of these guys in the pits) which is absolutely phenomenal. If Lotus had been slicker with their pitstops or they had waved him past Grosjean when they were on different strategies, he'd have won the race.

Good to see the Bulls back in action too.

What was not so great was Rosberg getting away scot-free after some extremely prejudicial driving. Who was the race steward in Bahrain? His father? The fact that he did it not once but twice should have been enough to get him black flagged.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:45   #56
BHPian

Distinctly remember the press conference - when Vettel smiled and mentioned that at one point he thought that Kimi would overtake him - which luckily did not happen and he was looking at Kimi.

The iceman did not even grin one bit - throughout his post match/race interview; that goes on to show how determined he is this time around making his comeback.

Just hope that his team and the car holds good throughout the season

KIMI - He is the Greatest!
saildrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
The iceman did not even grin one bit - throughout his post match/race interview; that goes on to show how determined he is this time around making his comeback.

Just hope that his team and the car holds good throughout the season

KIMI - He is the Greatest!
My view is that he already knows that he has to overcome the team as well especially considering the time he spent behind Grosjean, when he was probably the quickest on track in that part of the race.

I learnt on another forum that Grosjean is managed by the Bull - talk of conflict of interest - he was probably sitting on his hands trying to decide if Kimi should overtake Grosjean or not.

Go Kimi !!
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Great weekend! Was very happy to see the ICEMAN back on the podium, a little bit more pace on the Renault could have got him on top of the podium

4 different races and 4 different winners is quite a feat! This season has been really close and nobody is going to run away anything soon!

Picture from RB celebration post race! Check out Mark's reaction

2012 F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix-zredbbahr2012.jpg
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:59   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
Other was Roseberg and Alonso. I think Roseberg should be reprimanded at least. This is what Alonso had to say about the incident “, Instead of such a wide run-off area there had been a wall, I’m not sure I’d be here now to talk about it”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
What a fantastic race. Brilliant execution from Vettel, and a stunning drive through the field from 11th to 2nd for the Kimster. Personally, I couldn't have asked for a better Sunday afternoon.
What was great for me to watch was the way both the Lotuses scythed their way through the field. Kimi overtook Grosjean, Webber, Button, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Perez and Massa (I think he may have gotten one or two of these guys in the pits) which is absolutely phenomenal. If Lotus had been slicker with their pitstops or they had waved him past Grosjean when they were on different strategies, he'd have won the race.

Good to see the Bulls back in action too.

What was not so great was Rosberg getting away scot-free after some extremely prejudicial driving. Who was the race steward in Bahrain? His father? The fact that he did it not once but twice should have been enough to get him black flagged.

I quite agree on that.

That was a totally brash driving i have ever seen, and so stupidly he got away too

I still wonder, why on earth did the Kimi stop persuing Vettel, he was just close in on that P1.

The season has begun in a great fashion, Just cant wait for the next race.
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Picture from RB celebration post race! Check out Mark's reaction
That picture is photoshopped, but nice one. Mark should be banging his head right now. Vettel used Mark's setup and finished 40 seconds ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I still wonder, why on earth did the Kimi stop persuing Vettel, he was just close in on that P1.
The Lotus was faster than the Red Bull on Softs. Kimi was able to do consistently quick times than Vettel on the softs. The pace on the mediums between the red bull and Lotus were pretty evenly matched, except that the Redbull was able to achieve the optimum operating temperature very quickly.

The gap was around 1 second before the last pitstop, lotus had a slower pitstop and by the time they excited the pits and complete the out lap it went to 2.2 seconds and in the next 3 laps seb lapped much faster the gap went up to 3.4 seconds.

Lotus should have tried the undercut and pitted kimi a lap or two earlier in the last stop. That would have been interesting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks