Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 01:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 F1 - Canadian Grandprix

Canada usually throws up surprises and didnt disappoint:-

-Very impressed with bothForce India finish positions with all their incidents.
-Scary good performance from vettels bull.
-Predictable performance from the Williams in dry conditions.
-Confused about lotus performance or lack of.
-Apart from Vettel driving away into the distance, there were good squabbles everywhere behind him.
Old 10th June 2013, 01:38   #47
BHPian

The start to my week couldn't have been better but also not perfect cuz just can't see Vettel win.
Flawless driving there by Alonso.
My moment of the race was Alonso overtaking Lewis.On the 1st straight he almost did it, half car length next to Lewis -> almost done just before the turn but couldn't from the outer line -> again tries on the next straight and does it just in the following stretch.
Very happy to see him on the podium; now just want him to overtake Seb in the championship points!

-Bhargav
Old 10th June 2013, 01:58   #48
BHPian

After the procession in Monaco, superb racing action in Montreal. It seems to get better every year, Canadian GP is definitely in my top 5 to attend.
Newey and boys seems to have brought out the Ace car again and that to early in the season, RBR for the sake of fans please don't win the championship with races to spare. Dominant performance by Vettel despite little bit of micro sleep in the middle, but again he could afford it considering how far ahead he was. Like Brundle said RBR could afford even bit of a polish and shine during pits.

Mercedes seems have to be improved so much on the tyre performance part, and people say the testing couldn't have helped them, oh come on.
Decent race for Ferrari as well. Massa making it to 8th despite starting on the super softs made it up for yesterday's blunder in Q2.
Fernando put out a class act that he is, good comeback after that terrible weekend in Monaco. Loved his podium speech as well.

Force India seems to be coming into their own lately. Sutil spins,gets rear ended and then gets a harsh drive through and still ends up in points. Can't help but ponder 'what if'. Di Resta pulled off a nice 2stop strategy and made it work brilliantly.

Jean Eric vergne seems to be the guy to watch out when the musical chairs for the next season begins. I Couldn't understand why we didn't get to watch him much during the race.

Thankfully no safety cars and slush, just pure racing. Thank you Canada.
Old 10th June 2013, 08:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate incident that happened at the Canadian GP. A track marshal lost his life while working to recover Gutierrez's car in yesterday's race. RIP!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108014
Old 10th June 2013, 08:52   #50
mgh
BHPian

Nothing heard about Pirelli tyres this weekend.
With Pirelli out of the equation, Red Bull and Vettel will run away with both the championships.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:27   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Very unfortunate incident that happened at the Canadian GP. A track marshal lost his life while working to recover Gutierrez's car in yesterday's race. RIP!

Did this happen after they were off track ? Because the TV covered the forklift picking up Estebans car for a while.

So sad and ironic, these men are there to keep the drivers safe in the first place :( RIP. The nature of it, and how easily it could have been avoided makes it worse.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Did this happen after they were off track ? Because the TV covered the forklift picking up Estebans car for a while.

So sad and ironic, these men are there to keep the drivers safe in the first place :( RIP. The nature of it, and how easily it could have been avoided makes it worse.
As I understand it, the incident occurred while the Sauber was being lifted by the crane and the driver did not see this individual and ran over.
According to FIA.com the man was air-lifted via helicopter to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. Very sad indeed.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

That's very sad. RIP.

As per the link, this is 3rd marshal getting killed in F1 from year 2000. Can't they have better security system in place?

After Monaco's incident - Massa complained that he had to wait for 10 minutes after his accident to get first aid - that's rubbish.
In the high speed incidents, they must be equipped to assist immediately!

Last edited by punto_ : 10th June 2013 at 10:57.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:39   #54
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I was good to see F1 doing so well inspite of problems. Hamilton and Alonso too performed well. Vettle as usual when in the lead remains there. Lotus performance is a bit odd.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:58   #55
BHPian

Sad to hear about the marshal's death. My thoughts with the family and friends.

Painful race for KIMI. I was just wishing for the race to finish fast. First the soft brakes, then fuel warning and over this they screw up the pitstop. Lotus has to up the game. I do not understand need to always do one stop less when you are loosing more than a second a lap. By this race, I completely lost of any hopes for KIMI being WDC contendor.

Great drive by Fenando, Vettel and di Resta.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:07   #56
BHPian

DiResta goes most of the distance on one set of tyres and Martin Whitmarsh gives details on how they made a mess of the tyre choice and strategy.
Speaks volumes about Force India who are punching above their weight and McLaren moving around like headless chicken.
I think they should go and hire James Allison who is out of Lotus. Tim Goss might be good, but they need some new blood. Feeling real bad for them. With No Lewis, Paddy Lowe the future looks stark. They need some real good drivers and not certainly Mr. "No Grip" Button.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
DiResta goes most of the distance on one set of tyres and Martin Whitmarsh gives details on how they made a mess of the tyre choice and strategy.
Speaks volumes about Force India who are punching above their weight and McLaren moving around like headless chicken.
I think they should go and hire James Allison who is out of Lotus. Tim Goss might be good, but they need some new blood. Feeling real bad for them. With No Lewis, Paddy Lowe the future looks stark. They need some real good drivers and not certainly Mr. "No Grip" Button.
I agree. I think they really need a proper number 1 driver. The older combination of ham and but was the strongest with ham as the winner and but the points gatherer. The current setup makes no sense. Keep in mind they had good options like hul to replace ham but they chose telecom boy. Twitmarsh.
I think this season is pretty much lost for McLaren. 2014 may be the year for macca.

Last edited by Maky : 10th June 2013 at 16:15.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Saturdays weather probably ruined a good fight between Alonso and Vettel for the win. Ferrari really need to "up" their game over a single lap. By the time Alonso got past Bottas it was already too late to mount a challenge on Vettel. Like many others here, Vettels pace is a worrying factor if Alonso is to try and win the title this year.

Alonso's move on Hamilton was probably one of the best this year. The latter was a bit gutted on the podium about it. For someone like Lewis Hamilton, it must have been a bit humiliating. Great drive by Massa as well. Lots of overtaking action. Had he kept it clean on Saturday, there would have been a good points haul and a prospective podium for him.

Force India's strategy worked miracles for Di resta. He seems to be out doing Sutil which makes me wonder if they should have gone for Jules Bianchi instead. He seems to be doing wonders over at Marussia.

An epic venue to have a F1 race. They need to upgrade some of the facilities but I hope Bernie never takes it off the calendar.

Whats happened to Mclaren? I really expected them to come good here and it was a disastrous race for them all weekend. Button looked like a backmarker all race.

Next up - Silverstone! Another personal favourite of mine!
Old 10th June 2013, 17:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I agree. I think they really need a proper number 1 driver. The older combination of ham and but was the strongest with ham as the winner and but the points gatherer. The current setup makes no sense. Keep in mind they had good options like hul to replace ham but they chose telecom boy. Twitmarsh.
I think this season is pretty much lost for McLaren. 2014 may be the year for macca.
A good recipe:
Fire
1. Button
2. Whitmarsh
3. Sam Michael

Hire
1. Ross Brawn - due to be elbowed out. He is great, still.
2. Allison - Available, yet ?
3. KIMI - Pay him his dough (from Checo's sponsorship)

Retain
1. Checo - for the money and some fiesty racing (and some nasty wingless cars)
2. All the others

Ron is almost retired now.
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

Redbull have the best overall package in terms of qualifying, race pace and tyre management. Ferrari on the other hand needs to sort out its qualifying pace, something that has not been their forte for the past few years. Mercedes is a bit suspect on race day and their tyre management, even with all the additional testing, has a long way to go. By the looks of it, Lotus have slipped behind a bit in the car development stakes. I just hope the rest of the season will not turn into a Vettel runaway show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks