Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:09   #796
BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I agree Alonso is still peaking but he does have age against his side and Mclaren are looking at a fresh restart after Whitmarsh messed up on a lot of fronts. Surely they will look for someone young and quick to stick around for a few long years (5-6 years) and re-establish Mclaren to the top. There's also the Ron Dennis vs Alonso factor which didnt really get fixed post 2007. Alonso is quite vocal on his criticism of RD even today. Given that they dont come more shrewder than Ron Dennis and that is only a minor obstacle in getting Nando back.

Alonso need not retire but is he a long term prospect for Mclaren? 2-3 maybe 4 seasons for the spaniard? Of which two of those years are already with Ferrari. Montezemolo will pay anything to ensure Alonso finishes his contract with the prancing horse which is till end of 2016.

Looking at all the prospects for Mclaren, Hamilton seems to be the best fit still. A reunion?
BBC on Alonso to Mclaren

Another 3-4 years in F1 is definitely possible for Alonso. He is 33 now. Michael was still racing strong in 2006 when he was 37 It was only when he quit that he lost touch and the speed.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:17   #797
BHPian

Fernando Alonso has confirmed that he will remain at Ferrari for at least another season, despite McLaren's public interest and Scuderia's poor 2014 season.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...its-to-Ferrari

Ferrari boss Marco Mattiacci admitted that Ross Brawn would be welcome back at Scuderia, but conceded that the former Mercedes principal isn't part of their current plans.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...ome-back-Brawn

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:59   #798
Senior - BHPian

So Mclaren will stick to Button & Dane for 2015? Button must be hoping for a 2009 repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Fernando Alonso has confirmed that he will remain at Ferrari for at least another season, despite McLaren's public interest and Scuderia's poor 2014 season.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:50   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
So Mclaren will stick to Button & Dane for 2015? Button must be hoping for a 2009 repeat
You never know how the tables turn, lewis might come back to home hoping that he can beat rosberg with the honda power engines.

F1 is a crazy merry-go-around circus, you never know which way it swings

-Sajan
Old 5th September 2014, 07:00   #800
BHPian

Quote:
The Telegraph newspaper even said Dennis, despite his spectacular falling out with Alonso in 2007, "has spoken" with the highly rated driver recently amid rumours of an audacious $32 million per-year offer to woo him from Ferrari.
Quote:
"It is true that in these years at Ferrari I did not win, but two times it went to the last race and I have won great races.

"I think they have been very good years of which I have fond memories, but in the future I definitely want to win," Alonso added.

He(Alonso) said: "At no time have I regretted joining Ferrari, because at the end of the day, it is the most important team. The Los Angeles Lakers or Real Madrid also do not win always, but to play there is important."

Alonso, Vettel, Lewis all have no plans of moving to Mclaren Honda for 2015. Or atleast for the moment.

------------------------

Quote:
Luca Furbatto, who has now left the Faenza team, worked closely with Ricciardo as he designed Toro Rosso cars until earlier this year.
He told Italy's Autosprint that as soon as the braces-wearing youngster stepped up from HRT in pre-2012 winter testing, "I was struck by the feedback he was able to give to the team".

"It was incredible how he recalled the behaviour of the machine even hours later," said Furbatto. "At 300kph he had the time and the intellect to think about the management of the car, which is typical of great quality.

"The other driver (Jean-Eric Vergne) was very limited in his feedback, so Daniel was always the point of reference.

Last edited by Blue_V : 5th September 2014 at 07:02.
Old 6th September 2014, 07:52   #801
Senior - BHPian

Lewis Hamilton will face a substantially reduced pay offer from Mercedes when the two parties resume contract talks at the end of the season.

Is it another way of saying 'thank you for your services'?

Quote:
The news is likely to attract the attention of Ferrari and McLaren, potential rivals for the 29-year-old’s services, whose three-year £60m contract with the German manufacturers expires at the end of the 2015 campaign.

It is the latest awkward development in relations between Hamilton and Mercedes, which have come under strain after a series of incidents involving the Briton and his colleague Nico Rosberg, culminating in a collision in Belgium two weeks ago. Toto Wolff, the team’s motorsport director, warned both drivers that they could be split up if there was any repeat.
Old 6th September 2014, 10:49   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
It might be a business decision which might not go down well with Hamilton. I feel Mercedes thinks they have won the championship 2014 but the way their 2 drivers are behaving on track I think they might be celebrating too early.

Does any one remember the Tortoise and the Hare story?
Old 6th September 2014, 15:33   #803
Senior - BHPian

Components used so far:

Name:  Bws6t1cIgAAv7Ew.png
Views: 377
Size:  268.5 KB
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 08:56   #804
Senior - BHPian

Luca was centre of attention at Monza yesterday, amid rumours that he will not be Ferrari president for much longer https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/s...81409261842432

McLaren could give their 2015 Honda-powered Formula One car its first track test in Abu Dhabi after the end of this season in November.
Old 7th September 2014, 19:30   #805
Senior - BHPian

Vettel seems to be talking quite seriously with Mclaren for next year and beyond.
I have a feeling he doesnt want to be beaten again by Ric and that's whats making him change teams!

If he were to be beaten 2 years in a row.. his 4 WDCs would be worth a whole lot less.

I also find it very amusing to see Ron Dennis pretend to stand by his current drivers when he's actually desperate to drop replace Button and talk to the press about keeping options on whats available.

Last edited by Hatari : 7th September 2014 at 19:32.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:11   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

For all the criticism levelled at Red Bull Racing and Vettel in 2013 for making the season boring, I think the fault lies elsewhere.

This year, Mercedes have a dominant car, just like RBR in 2013. However, both the drivers are exploiting it to the fullest. That in itself is causing an exciting spectacle at the front. Williams and RBR are keeping Mercedes honest on the high-speed and down-force tracks respective.

Notwithstanding that, the other competitors up and down the paddock are fighting tooth and nail this season, unlike a comparatively tame 2013.

I heard either Croft or Brundle say that in the 2013 Italian Grand Prix, there were 24 overtakes in total. This year, between themselves, I think Bottas, Perez and Ricciardo might have exceeded that!

Maybe its the new aero & engine regulations. Maybe its the powerful Mercedes power-plant that is shared with multiple customers this season; unlike a brilliant aero package that is restricted to just one constructor. Maybe its the tires, or maybe the young blood. Who knows? All I know is that I'm enjoying the season and the fighting at all positions - be it Mercedes or Marussia, Ferrari or Force India.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:23   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Formula 1 set for team radio clampdown
Following discussions at an F1 Strategy Group meeting at the Italian Grand Prix, it is understood a number of teams have asked the FIA to find a way of banning certain types of radio communications because they are considered a turn-off for fans. Radio conversations from drivers - especially the more entertaining ones popular among fans - will still continue unchanged.
I, for one, welcome this decision.

Source

Last edited by rshanker : 9th September 2014 at 12:24. Reason: Formatting
Old 10th September 2014, 13:31   #808
Senior - BHPian

Luca di Montezemolo confirms Ferrari exit

Luca di Montezemolo confirms Ferrari exit

Source:http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...s-Ferrari-exit

This is truly an end of era.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 13:47   #809
BHPian

Quote:
In a friendly interview with Spanish television immediately after the Italian grand prix, Vettel reportedly said: "It seems that Spanish television sometimes has more faith in me than my own team does."
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko played down Vettel's remarks.

"That was just the first emotion that came out of him. He was naturally disappointed that his teammate beat him, although in qualifying he was better than Ricciardo. I think it was a very normal reaction," the Austrian insisted to German television Sky.

Daniel Ricciardo has requested number 1 status for the rest of his 2014 title campaign against the dominant but warring Mercedes pairing, which at the moment boss Christian Horner is unwilling to cede.
This is going to be tough on Vettel. Things might sour at Red Bull.
Old 10th September 2014, 14:01   #810
Senior - BHPian

So Luca is out and over to Alitalia. Marco Matt takes over as President of Ferrari, with some Brit who is busy fishing on a holiday, become the next F1 team principle?

That would be nice!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks