Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 10:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season

Honda should certainly bring some white into the livery. Thats their company color. Would be interesting to see the livery of the Mclaren next year.

As you said though, the white and red was because of Marlboro and not because of Honda. I was trying to say that it would be great to see the classic battle revive again.
Old 13th September 2014, 11:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

For those missing the Senna-Prost rivalry, we have the next generation Senna-Prost battle in Formula E championship starting today.

Bruno Senna topped one of the practice sessions while Nico Prost took the pole in Qualifying.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Refreshing to see Sergio Marchionne lay out the importance of winning. McLaren too will be stronger with Honda and Prodromou going forward.

Good signs at the top..
Old 16th September 2014, 11:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

I just hope Marchionne isnt going to take a couple years to settle in and read into everything. Mattiachi is also new. I wonder if he's up to speed with the operations of the team. Its a good time to get Ross Brawn in *hint* *hint*.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Talk about timing!

Ferrari’s business success unrelated to F1 – Montezemolo
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5...__Montezemolo/
Old 23rd September 2014, 00:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Seems Button will be confirmed for next year at McLaren-Honda.
Convincing Alonso to join for 2016 will depend on results, their's and Ferrari's.
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:42   #22
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Seems Button will be confirmed for next year at McLaren-Honda.
Convincing Alonso to join for 2016 will depend on results, their's and Ferrari's.
Looks like Honda is ready to spend Millions to secure the services of Alonso for 2015.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...ble-on-monday/

So most likely pair at McLaren-Honda would be Button+Alonso!!
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Looks like Honda is ready to spend Millions to secure the services of Alonso for 2015.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...ble-on-monday/

So most likely pair at McLaren-Honda would be Button+Alonso!!
Honda are desperate, but Alonso is not keen. They can keep the same lineup for 2015 and then go all out for a top signing in 2016. It all depends how things play out, and Alonso can wait and watch. Remember, Mercedes do not have a driver signed up for next year either. I think he will take a call on a potential switch, if at all only mid 2015.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:02   #24
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Honda are desperate, but Alonso is not keen. They can keep the same lineup for 2015 and then go all out for a top signing in 2016. It all depends how things play out, and Alonso can wait and watch. Remember, Mercedes do not have a driver signed up for next year either. I think he will take a call on a potential switch, if at all only mid 2015.
Since you have brought in Mercedes into Picture, it may be quiet possible that Hamilton may move away from Mercedes. The two reasons could be;
1. Nico Rosberg, Contract in place for next three years.
2. Reduced pay!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/09/0...und-up-0609-2/

So if Alonso is not interested (he is expected to make an announcement about his future in Suzuka), then it may very well be Hamilton back to McLaren!!
Looking the way @McLaren is going about praising Hamilton's past victories on twitter (when he was with them), it may be very well possible.
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari managers have been insisting that Alonso is staying with them for 2015. He has a contract for 2015 already, so there is really no need for Ferrari managers to say anything else. I think Alonso, however, has not given a clear indication. Now with Honda rumours, and Alonso planning to confirm his plans by Suzuka weekend, I think Alonso to McLaren-Honda may still be a possibility for 2015.
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Ferrari managers have been insisting that Alonso is staying with them for 2015. He has a contract for 2015 already, so there is really no need for Ferrari managers to say anything else. I think Alonso, however, has not given a clear indication. Now with Honda rumours, and Alonso planning to confirm his plans by Suzuka weekend, I think Alonso to McLaren-Honda may still be a possibility for 2015.
Everything depends on how Alonso sees Ferrari improving for next season. He has enough second and third place in championship to be sticking to Ferrari for such a result. If he knows Ferrari might not be a championship winning car next year, he might very well take a gamble with McLaren-Honda to see if that gives him a better chance for 2016 season. He would need to be in McLaren in 2015 to ensure that they develop a car that caters to his strengths to be a race-winner for 2016.
Old 24th September 2014, 15:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Alonso has twice made it clear that he is staying at Ferrari. The italian press are notorious to cooking up these rumours. Just after Monza, Alonso was to go to Red Bull in a swap with Vettel. That seems to have died down.

Alonso's main qualm about going to Mclaren would be Ron Dennis and the quest for #1 status. I would think joining Mclaren is as risky as staying in Ferrari for another year. Even this season, Mclarens issues are not the power unit but their aerodynamics.

On another note, I wonder if the Safety car would change for next season. The SLS AMG is not being sold anymore. So Mercedes AMG GT for next year then?!
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 21:02   #28
BHPian

The noise gets more louder now,

Honda willing to buy out Alonso contract

Honda are reportedly willing to fork out 30 million euro to get Fernando Alonso out of his Ferrari contract and lure him to McLaren.

Allen added: "If Alonso takes the Honda bait can Ferrari get Vettel, who is earmarked to replace him, for 2015 or will they have to wait until 2016? Vettel's contract with Red Bull has one more year to run. Red Bull will certainly not make it easy for him to leave, he is linked with their sponsors like Infinti, but all things are negotiable.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...onso-contract-

-Sajan
Old 25th September 2014, 00:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

This sort of speculation on Alonso's future is unprecedented. There appears to be someone in the team who is spreading all these rumors, aimed at destabilizing the relationship. Alonso himself has never hinted at looking elsewhere.. I don't believe going back to Ron Dennis is something Fernando would do. Red bull.. Don't see any benefit either with Newey not designing cars in the future. Merc only logical shift.
Old 25th September 2014, 06:53   #30
BHPian

Remember that Mclaren's past few cars were as good or better than Ferrari. Their WDC/WCC challenges fell apart because of poor strategy/decisions. Recently they have lost a bit of their team personnel so I don't know how much it has affected them. In short Mclaren does not make lemons, this year is an exception.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks