Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 18:45   #106
BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Trivia, the Williams of Bottas was 0.6s away from the fastest Merc on Pole in Suzuka dry track. When it started raining, both Williams were all over the place slower than the FI car. You still think, the Merc power had nothing to contribute in Suzuka?

The Redbull with the best aero was 1.5s slower in the dry, but they were matching the Mercedes lap times on a wet track. You still think, the Merc power had nothing to contribute?

Alonso is not driving a Ferrari for free, he had contract until end of 2016 and Marco confirmed that the exit clause in Alonso's contract was not activated. If Alonso is still leaving, it should be on mutual agreement. Thats fairly simple to understand and Marco simply wanted Ferrari above any driver and he was unable to get into agreement with Alonso. If he still wants to leave, I am very happy that he decided to!

Now what has hurt Alonso most is Horner announcing Vettel's move to Ferrari and got to love the way the new boss picks on that question from Ted

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=eTpJjj5yu5A
There was an article -
http://thisisf1.com/2014/10/05/vette...-ferrari-deal/

It says how Vettel waded into Ferrari. Alonso is smart enough to do a Kimi (in his earlier incarnation in Ferrari) citing a replacement on the way. He is going to be paid like hell to get out of his contract. He might as well go for a sabbatical and allow himself back into McLaren or Mercedes in 2016.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:27   #107
Senior - BHPian

Imagine if this sounds right, Ferrari would pay Alonso who has a contract until 2016, also the most talented driver on the grid bringing them lot of points than they deserve and let him take a sabbatical by paying millions just to bring Vettel who has won championships but clearly struggling against a very fast team mate? It doesn't sound right to me, unless Ferrari & Alonso broke the contract on mutual agreement!

Vettel was all set to drive a Ferrari in 2016, only change that happened now was Ferrari bringing him earlier than they would have wanted. I see Vettel as the only winner from all these changes and the RedBull's announcement of Kvyat must have been a shocker for Alonso.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1...eaves-ferrari/

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
There was an article -
http://thisisf1.com/2014/10/05/vette...-ferrari-deal/

It says how Vettel waded into Ferrari. Alonso is smart enough to do a Kimi (in his earlier incarnation in Ferrari) citing a replacement on the way. He is going to be paid like hell to get out of his contract. He might as well go for a sabbatical and allow himself back into McLaren or Mercedes in 2016.
Old 7th October 2014, 06:56   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Incredibly, British newspapers claim Vettel's new Ferrari deal - which is yet to be announced - could be worth up to an astonishing $80 million per year, making him easily the highest paid driver in F1.
Source

So who will struggle more: Vettel or Ricciardo? Just kidding !
Seb's performance is actually turning around, he is getting better and better. Maybe this is the where he dominates his team mate.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Honda released video of the turbocharged V6 power unit

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 7th October 2014, 12:18   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Honda released video of the turbocharged V6 power unit
Looking at the History they may blow everybody to smithereens.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:37   #111
BHPian

Would love to see some really fast kid get into that Mclaren Honda, maybe Max Verstappen comes out to be really fast and mature racer and they snatch him. I don't know what is going on with Alonso-Mclaren deal.
Old 7th October 2014, 16:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting video interview between Ted Kravitz and Marco. Every time Marco mentions Fernando there's a slight hint of anger and detest. Or I am not sure if he was just angry that Horner said a lot more than he should. Also heard that Montezemolo is sitting in the conference room at Suzuka trying to set a deal with Alonso. So I guess Luca does need to sign on the dotted line at the bottom which I think he may push for.

So as of today, there is still no confirmation on who is going where. Alonso seems quite confident that his plans for next year are fixed. A lot of things point towards a sabbatical, that can never be good. Kimi was fortunate to return to F1 as there was a sudden shortage of drivers in the market. Now with the new kids shining bright (ricciardo, Kvyat, Bottas), a sabbatical can never be advisable. He also has age against him.

I however dont believe the $80 million dollars a year salary for Vettel. Marco would want to cut costs and Fernando costs only half that. Atleast those were the figures published in 2010. Ferrari can also wave goodbye to Santander who is a major sponsor because they will go wherever Alonso goes. I think things are as hard for Ferrari as they are for Alonso.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 7th October 2014 at 16:07. Reason: Adding content
Old 7th October 2014, 16:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Imagine if this sounds right, Ferrari would pay Alonso who has a contract until 2016, also the most talented driver on the grid bringing them lot of points than they deserve and let him take a sabbatical by paying millions just to bring Vettel who has won championships but clearly struggling against a very fast team mate? It doesn't sound right to me, unless Ferrari & Alonso broke the contract on mutual agreement!

Vettel was all set to drive a Ferrari in 2016, only change that happened now was Ferrari bringing him earlier than they would have wanted. I see Vettel as the only winner from all these changes and the RedBull's announcement of Kvyat must have been a shocker for Alonso.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1...eaves-ferrari/
I dont think its a shock at all. It benefits him.

While Vettel has been announced at Ferrari, Alonso has not been announced as officially leaving. This ofcourse tunrs things around completely from a contractual point of view. Now Ferrari, need to find a way to compensate Alonso. It is no more that Alonso wants to leave for Honda.

Basically the terms of separation are not agreed on. Alonso could now make 2 years pay - USD $60 million from Ferrari + what his Honda salary would be 2015 onwards.

So, all this talk of McLaren getting tougher on negotiations is all rubbish. That deal im sure is mutually agreed but unless the Ferrari exit is done it cannot be signed/announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
I don't know what is going on with Alonso-Mclaren deal.

Last edited by Hatari : 7th October 2014 at 16:14.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 16:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
While Vettel has been announced at Ferrari, Alonso has not been announced as officially leaving. This ofcourse tunrs things around completely from a contractual point of view. Now Ferrari, need to find a way to compensate Alonso. It is no more that Alonso wants to leave for Honda.

So, all this talk of McLaren getting tougher on negotiations is all rubbish. That deal im sure is mutually agreed but unless the Ferrari exit is done it cannot be signed/announced.
Vettel hasnt been announced at Ferrari either. Ive not read any press release or any word from Mattiaci or Marchionne on Vettels signing. Horner did say the lure of Ferrari enticed Vettel to leave Red Bull but is it a given that Vettel will go to Ferrari? Is there even the slightest of possibilities that Vettel may just go to Mclaren instead of Ferrari?

Ron Dennis of Mclaren also claims not to have contacted Alonso for any deal for next year. He just wants his car quick so he can have the top drivers knocking on his front door. Nail biting stuff for a F1 fan!!
Old 7th October 2014, 16:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Vettel hasnt been announced at Ferrari either. Ive not read any press release or any word from Mattiaci or Marchionne on Vettels signing. Horner did say the lure of Ferrari enticed Vettel to leave Red Bull but is it a given that Vettel will go to Ferrari? Is there even the slightest of possibilities that Vettel may just go to Mclaren instead of Ferrari?

Ron Dennis of Mclaren also claims not to have contacted Alonso for any deal for next year. He just wants his car quick so he can have the top drivers knocking on his front door. Nail biting stuff for a F1 fan!!
Horner announcing Ferrari is enough. Vettel has not denied it.

While Ron Dennis has not contacted Alonso, im sure Eric Boullier/Jonathan Neale have! Must read between the lines with Ron!
Old 7th October 2014, 16:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Thats the thing though, Horner hasnt announced that he is surely going to Ferrari. He said the proposal of a seat opening in Ferrari is quite luring. One person that should definitely know is Bernie Ecclestone. Who has his number?

I really dont think Boullier or Neale can negotiate with anyone as long as Ron Dennis is around. Even the chiefs at Honda cant speak for RD. He categorically said that no one from Mclaren has contacted Alonso. Then again I'm sure you would say someone from Honda would have :-). I wonder if Honda can push for a driver and if thats something they have in their contract with Mclaren. I would then imagine them to push for a Japanese driver. For many years they pushed for Takuma Sato and actually got him a seat at Honda even.

Maybe Im just in denial about Alonso leaving Ferrari. I'll still wait for the day the announcement is made. :-)
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 17:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Thats the thing though, Horner hasnt announced that he is surely going to Ferrari. He said the proposal of a seat opening in Ferrari is quite luring. One person that should definitely know is Bernie Ecclestone. Who has his number?

I really dont think Boullier or Neale can negotiate with anyone as long as Ron Dennis is around. Even the chiefs at Honda cant speak for RD. He categorically said that no one from Mclaren has contacted Alonso. Then again I'm sure you would say someone from Honda would have :-). I wonder if Honda can push for a driver and if thats something they have in their contract with Mclaren. I would then imagine them to push for a Japanese driver. For many years they pushed for Takuma Sato and actually got him a seat at Honda even.

Maybe Im just in denial about Alonso leaving Ferrari. I'll still wait for the day the announcement is made. :-)
Horner has announced it :
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...-of-the-season

Sorry to burst your bubble

Honda are the ones insisting on a top driver, that is very clear. McLaren now have the funding to afford one. Ron Dennis should be the last person to directly negotiate with Alonso..
He has made it clear that he is welcome back though.

The Japanese drivers have all been too Banzai! Honda are looking at this on a global perspective. A massive marketing & technological opportunity with the Hybrid V6.

Last edited by Hatari : 7th October 2014 at 17:40.
Old 7th October 2014, 18:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Horner has announced it :
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...-of-the-season

Sorry to burst your bubble

Honda are the ones insisting on a top driver, that is very clear. McLaren now have the funding to afford one. Ron Dennis should be the last person to directly negotiate with Alonso..
He has made it clear that he is welcome back though.
Bursting of the bubble indeed ! The only thing that could give it away is Alonso's statement "All these big decisions are the implications of my decision that was taken 2-3 months ago". Vettel agreed reluctantly as well. Makes me feel like Alonso has the last say. Things are as good as signed but its not actually a "pen on paper" situation yet.

The Mclaren situation - Its not quite clear how much money Honda are bringing in to the partnership. Knowing Ron Dennis and his ways in the past, Honda would just simply make engines and plonk them in the back of the car. Such was the case with Mercedes for many years. They werent even given an option when the middle eastern finance company bought a lot into Mclaren not many years back. Trust me, any driver coming in will be RD's doing or undoing. Its going to be a clash of the ego's if Alonso and RD sit on the table to negotiate.

In another news, looks like Lotus will have Mercedes engines in the back next year.

Quote:
Lotus says only final paperwork issues with Renault are preventing it from confirming its switch to Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 engines for 2015.

AUTOSPORT revealed back in July that Lotus had agreed terms to switch power units next season after a difficult campaign with Renault.

But since then there has been no official word about the change - even though it is understood that technical preparations are already under way with the German car manufacturer.

Lotus's deputy technical director Federico Gastaldi insisted in Japan that the delay in announcing its engine plans is not a sign of trouble, and that things should be completed imminently.

"We are hoping to do that as soon as possible," he told AUTOSPORT.

"We are still working on it, but we haven't done it because it is not finished. We are working in that direction.

"It is paperwork with Renault more than anything. We need to respect the contract with them - and whenever they are ready we will be ready."

When asked if there were any doubts about the Mercedes deal, Gastaldi replied: "There is no doubt. It is just a reality: at the moment we are trying to find the way to put things together to make an announcement."
Source: Autosport.com

Last edited by Fullrevs : 7th October 2014 at 18:56. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 7th October 2014, 19:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the bolded part has happened yet, Ferrari has not opened up about Alonso leaving Ferrari or Vettel arriving at Ferrari!

Ferrari will compensate Alonso only if they wanted him out, I don't think that's the case. Its only Alonso who is speaking about his options being open blah blah in 2015!

If Honda wants Alonso, they will pay the contractual terms cash to Ferrari and get Alonso. But... Ferrari would have paid Redbull for getting Vettel one year ahead of the contract!

Quote:

Basically the terms of separation are not agreed on. Alonso could now make 2 years pay - USD $60 million from Ferrari + what his Honda salary would be 2015 onwards.

Old 7th October 2014, 21:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think the bolded part has happened yet, Ferrari has not opened up about Alonso leaving Ferrari or Vettel arriving at Ferrari!

Ferrari will compensate Alonso only if they wanted him out, I don't think that's the case. Its only Alonso who is speaking about his options being open blah blah in 2015!

If Honda wants Alonso, they will pay the contractual terms cash to Ferrari and get Alonso. But... Ferrari would have paid Redbull for getting Vettel one year ahead of the contract!
Officially that maybe, but Vettel is heading there. No doubt about that.
There are no complications here, exit clause has been activated and no money has changed hands.

Since Horner has let the cat out of the bag, it complicates matters for Ferrari where only Alonso is in a position to activate an exit clause, we do not know if one exists. If the team has made plans for another driver, then if hypothetically he changes his mind, Ferrari need him out. So payment comes into the picture.

Anyway, the Mclaren deal is mutually agreed I am sure much like Vettel's pre contract with Ferrari. So once his release is official and contract termination decided, the Mclaren contract gets signed and announced.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks