Team-BHP - The 2016 MotoGP Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   The 2016 MotoGP Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/169770-2016-motogp-thread-4.html)

Clinical performance by Lorenzo. He is just unstoppable at front.
Still no win for Ducati. Stoner will be grinning watching that Ducati speed. #29 would have given Lorenzo tough time at front.
The first race sets up the tone for the season!

Disheartened to see:
- The Maniac crash out, he would probably have had more shots at J Lo
- Neither Marq nor Vale making any aggressive moves, looked very very sober.

J Lo was on rails though, good ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3936070)
This season is going to be all about tyre choices, it seems.

And understanding and getting the most out of those front Michelins. Mat Oxley puts it nicely-
And the race turned out to be seven seconds faster than last year's, despite tyres and lower-tech electronics.
Full article here: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...m_campaign=Mat

Ducati's pretty impressive this year, really upped their straight line speed as well.
Will really mix it things up in the races to come.

Lorenzo looking sharp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari (Post 3937912)
Ducati's pretty impressive this year, really upped their straight line speed as well.
Will really mix it things up in the races to come.

Well, if you remember, both the Ducatis started this way last season but somehow were not competitive to trouble the Hondas or the Yamahas. I really hope they get their act together this season and fight for the championship.

Although I belong to the other side of the Yamaha stable, it was impressive to see JL start from pole and go on to win the race. He will certainly be the one to beat this season. Rossi on the other hand, I do hope he finds some pace to win races as the season goes along. The elusive 10th has to come soon! Heart wants Rossi to lift the championship but the mind will be happy if anyone other than JL or MM takes it. lol:

I echo similar thoughts as most. Who ever has to beat, has to beat Lorenzo.

I think we are going to see a repeat of 2015.

Am going with Marques. I like Jorge and Tino. But i think Honda will close it down this time.

The Upcoming Argentina and America favor MM (MM having never lost a race in the US).

Also Qatar may be an anomaly race (greasy track) since all the three podium finishers were on different tire combination. No combination had a big advantage over the other though the soft rear gave a small advantage.
JLo- Hard front, Soft rear
Dovi- Soft front, Soft rear
Marquez - Hard front, Hard rear

America and Argentina are grippier tracks where tire usage is maximum. So the optimum tires should be both Hard fronts and Hard rears.

The question is will Lorenzo be able to keep up with master of the hard tire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayKis (Post 3938854)
Marquez - Hard front, Hard rear

You mean Medium Rear right?

Race 2 - Argentina This weekend, and the first two practice have two different riders on the top.

Dovi in FP1
Marq in FP2

What are the predictions for this weekend?

Dream start to the race tomorrow!

Marquez
Rossi
Lorenzo

Completing the 1st row clap:

Too many crashes on the 1st turn in practice and qualifying.

Fireworks in Argentina yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SohailPistawala (Post 3944599)
Dream start to the race tomorrow!

Marquez
Rossi
Lorenzo

Completing the 1st row clap:

Too many crashes on the 1st turn in practice and qualifying.

Fireworks in Argentina yay!

It is Indeed a Dream Start. I am putting my money on some fireworks. lol:

Marc is very fast over a single lap. Rossi's major issue of not starting ahead, thankfully is taken care of. Lorenzo is in top form. I would not rule out Pedrosa or the Ducatis too..

Boy, this is going to be a cracker!!

CHEERS to a good race.

Rachit

Did you see the number of guys crashing during practice and qualifying? Expect the race to be no different and hence a variety of surprises tonight...

Entertaining race.

Mandatory pit stop to change the bike.

Marquez, rossi, pedrosa completing the podium.

Lorenzo, miller, Vinales, both the ducs and some more crashed out.

People who missed it do watch the repeat.

Thanks

While Ianonne's move was a racing-incident, he needs to be more careful. Poor Dovi, bloke ran with his machine till the finish-line & came 13th.