Formula 1: The 2018 German Grand Prix-track-layout.jpg

Track Information
Formula 1: The 2018 German Grand Prix-track-information.jpg

Timings
Formula 1: The 2018 German Grand Prix-timinig.jpg

Tyre Selection
Formula 1: The 2018 German Grand Prix-tyre.jpg

Additional Information

Formula1 reaches Hockenheim after 2016 (Alternate year arrangement between Hockenheim and Nurburgring). Ferrari have been showing a strong pace over the last few races. So hopefully Mercs and ferraris will slug it out this race as well. This being a engine power circuit, redbull might struggle again.

For further information -https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/races/2018/Germany.html

Race and all other sessions would be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2

Image Credits - Motorsport.com/ LAT Images and Formula1.com
ferrarirules is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 12:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2018 German Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post

Race and all other sessions would be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2
Do we have LIVE HD Streaming available on Hotstar as well? Somehow SS Select isn't available in our locality we newly moved in, hence this question to those using Hotstar.

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 20th July 2018, 12:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Do we have LIVE HD Streaming available on Hotstar as well? Somehow SS Select isn't available in our locality we newly moved in, hence this question to those using Hotstar.

Cheers,
Vijay
Yes it's available in Hotstar. Subscribe for their Sports package. It's 299 for an year. Well worth the cost.
Old 20th July 2018, 14:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Yes it's available in Hotstar. Subscribe for their Sports package. It's 299 for an year. Well worth the cost.
Does this have the ads? Sick of seeing Mr. Kapoor having expressions similar to Ms. Leone while driving the Renault SUV every few minutes and especially when a safety car incident is happening in the meantime. I got SS Select and I have Hotstar Premium, but being in dread of the buffering disc of live streaming, I'd always preferred Live TV. Bought a FireStick this week and I don't mind shifting to Hotstar if there are lesser ad breaks.
Old 20th July 2018, 14:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Does this have the ads? Sick of seeing Mr. Kapoor having expressions similar to Ms. Leone while driving the Renault SUV every few minutes and especially when a safety car incident is happening in the meantime. I got SS Select and I have Hotstar Premium, but being in dread of the buffering disc of live streaming, I'd always preferred Live TV. Bought a FireStick this week and I don't mind shifting to Hotstar if there are lesser ad breaks.
There are no ads in Hotstar premium.
Old 20th July 2018, 14:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
No ads but the stream does break once in a while and you have to reload. In the last race there was an outage of 3-4 minutes.
Old 20th July 2018, 16:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

First Practise times:

1 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1:13.525
2 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 0.004s
3 Max Verstappen Red Bull 0.189s
4 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 0.271s
5 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 0.378s
6 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 0.742s
7 Romain Grosjean Haas 1.166s
8 Kevin Magnussen Haas 1.328s
9 Charles Leclerc Sauber 1.572s
10 Nico Hulkenberg Renault 1.757s
11 Sergio Perez Force India 1.89s
12 Fernando Alonso McLaren 2.033s
13 Lance Stroll Williams 2.104s
14 Carlos Sainz Renault 2.244s
15 Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso 2.339s
16 Sergey Sirotkin Williams 2.351s
17 Nicholas Latifi Force India 2.498s
18 Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso 2.546s
19 Antonio Giovinazzi Haas 2.611s
20 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren 2.624s

Source:Planetf1

The new exhaust layout by Ferrari is intriguing. Great to see their development program is relentless. New bits in almost every race. Thats how one wins the Constructors title.
Old 21st July 2018, 08:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Red Bulls look very competitive in free practice. Lots at stake for all the front running teams than just the championship as well. Vettel has never won here. Lewis was beaten at his home race and would want to dish out the same to his rival. This should be interesting. Expecting a good qualifying session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post

The new exhaust layout by Ferrari is intriguing. Great to see their development program is relentless. New bits in almost every race. Thats how one wins the Constructors title.
Yep. They seem a totally different team from 2016. We saw glimpses in 2017 but this year they seem to be right on the ball, bursting at the seams with great engineering ideas most of which work well as well. I had a doubt whether the departure of James Allison would hurt them but it doesn't seem like it.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 21st July 2018, 08:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The Red Bulls look very competitive in free practice. Lots at stake for all the front running teams than just the championship as well. Vettel has never won here. Lewis was beaten at his home race and would want to dish out the same to his rival. This should be interesting. Expecting a good qualifying session.

Drive on,
Shibu.
They are always competitive in FP but fall away in Q2/Q3 due to lack of engine power. The ferraris in comparison always sand bag in FP and their pace is not apparent until Q2/Q3.

This is a power circuit - it'll be between merc and ferrari in the end.
Old 21st July 2018, 19:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes is already on backfoot with Hamilton starting 14th.

Great quali performance by Vettel and Bottas. Precision Laps.
Again Kimi makes a mistake which costs precious time to take the pole.
Old 21st July 2018, 19:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
They are always competitive in FP but fall away in Q2/Q3 due to lack of engine power. The ferraris in comparison always sand bag in FP and their pace is not apparent until Q2/Q3..
Ferrari did show their pace during qualifying and Bottas did run them close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Mercedes is already on backfoot with Hamilton starting 14th.

Great quali performance by Vettel and Bottas. Precision Laps.
Again Kimi makes a mistake which costs precious time to take the pole.
Vettel has drawn first blood netting pole on his home grand prix. Would have been wonderful to have Hamilton in the mix and have the champs push each other more. With Verstappen starting in fourth, there might be some action on the start. Riccardo and Hamilton rising through the ranks will be interesting as well. With Hamilton out in Q2 he would be able to chose another compound, give that the Mercs are pretty good on the harder stuff.

Did Ferrari qualify with their new exhaust configuration?
Drive on,
Shibu
Old 21st July 2018, 20:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton paid the price for his (mis)adventures, but sad to see him desperately push his car and at the end just crouch beside it when he understood the consequences.

In the absence of 2 big names in Q3 (Hamilton & Ricciardo), the mid range teams caught up some ground.
HAAS & Renault made some good time, and LeClerc continues to impress.
One person whom I had banked on for providing some surprises in the beginning of the session is Lance Stroll, but he is fading away.

Last edited by blackasta : 21st July 2018 at 20:28.
Old 21st July 2018, 20:46   #13
BHPian

I think Ham is under pressure this year like never before and it shows. It was very desperate push by him and then he tried putting failure on car by stating that suspension failure happened before he ran over the kerb but later Toto confirmed that it was indeed the kerb that failed the suspension.
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:08   #14
BANNED

I heard that Ferrari go soft on Friday practice. So there times are not representative. Yesterday's practice was rained out. This worried me, but Vettel still qualified on Pole.

However, Hamilton lost it in Q1.It is still not clear as to what happened? It will make the race exciting, as he makes it through the field. I am surprised at the number of cars going off. Even a Red Flag session. I thought the German GP would be better organized.
Old 22nd July 2018, 19:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

The post race interviews and interaction between Vettel and Raikkonen is going to be interesting to watch!

Freaking Hotstar is on the blink with the message "Play back stream not available."

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd July 2018 at 19:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks