Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 13:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

Formula 1 teams said on Wednesday they could go as far as taking legal action against the FIA to ensure that the truth about its investigation in to Ferrari's 2019 engine is released.

In a joint statement issued by the non-Ferrari powered teams, they all said they were "shocked" and "surprised" by the governing body's decision to reach a secret agreement with the Maranello based team over the matter.
Reacting to the teams’ communique, a statement released today from the FIA explained the process by which the governing body had reached its decision.

“The FIA has conducted detailed technical analysis on the Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit as it is entitled to do for any competitor in the FIA Formula One World Championship.

“The extensive and thorough investigations undertaken during the 2019 season raised suspicions that the Scuderia Ferrari PU could be considered as not operating within the limits of the FIA regulations at all times.

“The Scuderia Ferrari firmly opposed the suspicions and reiterated that its PU always operated in compliance with the regulations. The FIA was not fully satisfied but decided that further action would not necessarily result in a conclusive case due to the complexity of the matter and the material impossibility to provide the unequivocal evidence of a breach.

“To avoid the negative consequences that a long litigation would entail especially in light of the uncertainty of the outcome of such litigations and in the best interest of the Championship and of its stakeholders, the FIA, in compliance with Article 4 ii of its Judicial and Disciplinary Rules JDR, decided to enter into an effective and dissuasive settlement agreement with Ferrari to terminate the proceedings.”

“This type of agreement is a legal tool recognised as an essential component of any disciplinary system and is used by many public authorities and other sport federations in the handling of disputes.

“The confidentiality of the terms of the settlement agreement is provided for by Article 4 vi of the JDR.”

Source : https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...ak9hrc1oy.html
Old 6th March 2020, 17:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Max Verstappen drives the RB8 at the newly renovated Zandvoort Circuit

Old 8th March 2020, 17:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Max Verstappen drives the RB8 at the newly renovated Zandvoort Circuit
The whole F1 setup is yearning for contenders to put the heat on Lewis Hamilton; with Max being the top contender for the closest rival for the champion.

This year is even more important for Hamilton; his contract is up at the end of this year; and if he wins again, he matches Schumacher’s record!

I, on the other hand, am hoping the relatively unknown Albon fires up the competition! Now, wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes!

Article link
Old 8th March 2020, 17:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Bahrain Grand Prix to be a televised event only!

https://flip.it/5W7eDk

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...us-organisers/

Cheers
Old 8th March 2020, 17:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Bahrain Grand Prix to be a televised event only!
Wouldn't be surprised if more races end up happening this way. It is a bold decision but it is in the best interest of both the public and the teams.
Old 9th March 2020, 19:32   #36
BHPian

sharing the tyre compound choices for australia (pirelli on twitter), and the combined test times. My prediction for the constructors:

1. Mercedes
2. Ferrari*
3. Red Bull
4. McLaren
5. Renault
6. Racing Point
7. Alpha Tauri*
8. Haas
9. Alfa Romeo
10. Williams

* assuming they are not drastically affected by the covid-19 outbreak in terms of travelling personnel, factory shutdowns etc.

I know Racing Point warrant a place higher up, possibly 4th, but i get the feeling they might switch to 2021 early if their car is at the front of the midfield by mid season. Macca and Renault obviously can out develop them over the season and not compromise 2021.

Wild prediction- Stroll demonstrates a massive improvement in quality and race, and by dint of driving a Merc clone, gets called up to Mercedes!
Attached Thumbnails
The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-er4hcnpx0ayf6s.jpeg  

The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-esljaxwxyaaorqw.jpeg  

Old 11th March 2020, 08:59   #37
BHPian

Which channel show F1 in India? Its been years since I stopped watching F1. Thinking of starting off again from this year.
Old 11th March 2020, 09:23   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Which channel show F1 in India? Its been years since I stopped watching F1. Thinking of starting off again from this year.
In all probability, it'll be aired on Star Sports Select2 HD channel like last year. Although there are some races that's not telecast on this one but on its SD channel. For this specific reason, I've subscribed to Hotstar Premium to watch uninterrupted HD quality on the go.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 09:28   #39
BHPian

I'll subscribe to Hotstar since I can then watch all the sports. Thanks for the suggestion.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 16:31   #40
KPR
BANNED

Waiting to watch 1st race day from Mebourne . Hope I get it in Hotstar VIP. However, the inevitable loom around conducting the race over weekend.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...virus/4742277/

Crew members of Haas and McLaren are placed under isolation.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...onavirus-fears

Given such precarious situation in I feel that this is going absurd.
Old 12th March 2020, 17:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Waiting to watch 1st race day from Melbourne . Hope I get it in Hotstar VIP. However, the inevitable loom around conducting the race over weekend.
I hope they air classic races if the weekend does not go ahead. Else I'll fall back on my old race collection. Heck I ll even consider watching Formula e or something but even they're getting canceled for the same reason
Old 12th March 2020, 17:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

McLaren have withdrawn from the Australian GP after one of their team members tested positive for Coronavirus.

Source: https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status...62852306583552

Statement:
The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-mcf1.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 17:12   #43
KPR
BANNED

There it is. McLaren - First withdrawal from race due to Covid-19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
I hope they air classic races
A classic of Schumachers, Barrichello, Montoya, Hakkinen, Coulthard I would prefer. Good old days.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 17:13   #44
BHPian

The race is inevitably going to be cancelled now. Heard Ross Brawn say somewhere that the races would happen only if all the teams are able to participate.

Makes immense sense to cancel the race as it would avoid a large public gathering and ensure the safety of thousands of people. Hope the team member recovers soon.
Old 12th March 2020, 19:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

McLaren officially withdraws from Aussie GP.
One of the McLaren team member has tested positive for Coronovirus and the team has decided to pull out.
The test results of 4 HAAS team members is awaited.

The Aussie GP may not run as the drivers are apprehensive about driving in view of current situation.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status...306583552?s=20
Attached Thumbnails
The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-es57x7ouuaix2zw.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks