Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:29   #76
BHPian

Re: The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!

Cannot wait for the season to get underway. With all tb=he happenings in the driver market, it sure is going to lead to some interesting dynamics within the teams. We finally get to see the true pace of the teams.
Old 4th June 2020, 19:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The first races of the 2020 F1 season will be a double-header in Austria, on July 5 and 12
Rounds confirmed in Hungary, UK, Belgium, Spain and Italy
Opening races to be held without any spectators.
I wonder how most sponsors, especially Emirates are able to sponsor races when they are deep in trouble. But anyway, good for us!

Imagining the A1 ring without the orange army is a difficult thought. They did provide plenty entertainment during race weekends. Also I can't imagine how a double header works in F1, will it feature reverse qualy grids in the second race? That will spice things up nicely.

Thank god they got rid of Monaco, damned procession of a race (unless its a wet race).

Double race weekend at Silverstone is simply awesome, that track deserves it. Italy, Spain, Spa...this is an F1 fan's dream calendar!
Old 5th June 2020, 14:25   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Thank god they got rid of Monaco, damned procession of a race (unless its a wet race).
Well they didn't exactly get rid of it, it simply couldn't be accommodated due to the truncated year. Considering that its actual public roads of the municipality, they couldn't find another window for it.

It tends to be a procession yes. But as a driver, engineer - it is one real challenge of a race. The setup, heat management and the skill it takes to navigate those little lanes is mind boggling. I enjoy the Monaco GP to the core simply for that sheer grit. I don't look for any overtakes on that race at all.

If you have a PS4 do try how hard that track is to drive on. If on PC, you can get a taste of it with the CodeMasters F1 game too. (Only if you like racing games with highest reality & difficulty settings that is. Otherwise as an arcade game its quite lame.)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Well they didn't exactly get rid of it, it simply couldn't be accommodated due to the truncated year. Considering that its actual public roads of the municipality, they couldn't find another window for it.

It tends to be a procession yes. But as a driver, engineer - it is one real challenge of a race. The setup, heat management and the skill it takes to navigate those little lanes is mind boggling. I enjoy the Monaco GP to the core simply for that sheer grit. I don't look for any overtakes on that race at all
Agree, but I like to watch races with some passing action on track. And Monaco proved that is all but impossible with the modern era cars. Its always about getting the pit stop right to get ahead or perhaps better tyre management. I understand its a challenge for the race engineer to get the strategy right there. But from a fan's perspective, it is a dull race.

Remember how Danny Ric literally limped to victory in 2018 (with a broken MGU-K I think) with a charging Vettel behind. Kimi had his win snatched from Vettel who got a better pit stop. Though I really enjoy Q2 and Q3 sessions, they're flying around the principality, while in the race, simply puttering around managing their tyres etc.

I've played the F1 Challenge '99-'02 on PC (pretty old, but good fun) and F1 2011 game on PS3, but I prefer watching old races instead.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:57   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
I've played the F1 Challenge '99-'02 on PC (pretty old, but good fun) and F1 2011 game on PS3, but I prefer watching old races instead.
I have that EA 99-02 game. Their license for official F1 ended & this was their last hurrah. A nice arcade game.

Best part is - it was a mod friendly game. So I have the 2007 season modded into it & can drive the last Ferrari F1 car to win a driver's championship .
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 16:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have that EA 99-02 game. Their license for official F1 ended & this was their last hurrah. A nice arcade game.

Best part is - it was a mod friendly game. So I have the 2007 season modded into it & can drive the last Ferrari F1 car to win a driver's championship .
Whoa awesome

I remember buying the F1 2007 Official Season Review from Amazon UK in Jan'08 for a bargain price of £3.95 (from list price on Amazon of £20)! That season will always be close to my heart.

Kimi and SF stealing the championship from under Hamilton and Alonso's noses at Interlagos

Then there was the Stepney-gate McLaren scandal which shocked the F1 world.

And that hold up of Hamilton from Alonso at the Hungarian GP qualifying session...stuff of legends.
Attached Thumbnails
The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-photo20200605162545.jpg  

The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-photo20200605162545-2.jpg  

The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!-photo20200605162545-1.jpg  

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 5th June 2020 at 16:39.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 20:46   #82
BANNED

Is the Monte Carlo GP still happening, or is it cancelled?
Old 8th June 2020, 21:05   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Is the Monte Carlo GP still happening, or is it cancelled?
Wasn't it one of the first to be cancelled?
https://sportstar.thehindu.com/motor...le31114900.ece
Old 11th June 2020, 22:38   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

"The plan for the opening eight races of the Formula 1 2020 calendar, kicking off in Austria on 3-5 July, is now public – but what happens after that is less clear. Here F1 motorsports boss Ross Brawn gives us the latest on what’s been going on behind the scenes."

Link
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:41   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

The Azerbaijan, Singapore and Japanese GP have been cancelled for 2020. It's been confirmed by Formula 1. They're expecting 15-18 races by the time season concludes in mid-December. The season starts 5th July 2020.

Link
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 15:23   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Azerbaijan, Singapore and Japanese GP have been cancelled for 2020. It's been confirmed by Formula 1. They're expecting 15-18 races by the time season concludes in mid-December. The season starts 5th July 2020.
Sad to see Suzuka getting cancelled for the year. The other two, well nobody from the audience would miss much.
Old 12th June 2020, 17:23   #87
BHPian

Singapore GP 2020 cancelled over Covid-19 restrictions

This year's Formula One Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix has been cancelled, F1 and race promoters Singapore GP said on Friday (June 12).

Original piece here
nitishk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 09:39   #88
BHPian

Mercedes F1 engine boss Andy going to step down from July 1st

Source Reuters

Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Engine boss Andy Cowell, a key man in Mercedes’ and Lewis Hamilton’s Formula One success over the past six seasons, will stand down on July 1, the reigning champions announced on Monday.
arvindmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 21:59   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Just on the heels of Williams planning to sell F1 team, here is another team which is planning a partial sale of their F1 team.

McLaren sale

Analysis of McLaren sale

Quote:
McLaren said they did “not comment on speculation” following a Sky News story published on Wednesday evening, but Formula1.com has learned they are in the exploratory phase of selling a minority share in the racing business.
It’s very early stages, but there have been discussions about selling a portion of the race team in order to find funds to bolster the outfit’s stable footing and allow them to take the fight to the big three.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 20:52   #90
Senior - BHPian

The Formula 1 2020 Calendar - 22 races & 7 back to back race weekends!

So finally we are heading to a race weekend! With fans or not, it probably does not make a difference for the TV viewers, so good to have a start!

The popular prediction amongst all journalists and F1 pundits is that Mercedes is going to be as dominant as ever, but Red Bull is expected to be fairly very close to them. If this is the case I think Max would really be giving Hamilton a hard time every race. I dont believe Bottas is going to seriously challenge both these guys.

As for Ferrari, testing stats and other rumours say they are far off, in fact many even stated that they may be so much behind that Racing point also known as the pink Mercedes may catch up with them. However, I dont think that would be the case, I feel Ferrari would be in that top 3, but may not be a real threat to Hamilton or Max. Thats another year gone, waiting from 2007 to see Ferrari lift the title. Looks like its not going to happen in 2020 and nor in 2021 given the rules stay the same.

All eyes on Seb, how is he going to deal with his last year in Ferrari and possibly the last year in f1. Not many people get back after a break. And I dont think he will since there is no guarantee he will do better and it also depends if someone like Mercedes is going to give him a drive. Too many variables for him to make a return, I just think he is done. So people say he will race more freely, but he will have pressure internally to at least beat Leclerc in his last year in red. And if he does, then Ferrari are sure to turn red!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks