Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the premier class MotoGP 2020 Riders Championship title?
Marc Marquez 19 47.50%
Andrea Dovizioso 2 5.00%
Maverick Viñales 1 2.50%
Alex Marquez 0 0%
Fabio Quartararo 9 22.50%
Valentino Rossi 8 20.00%
Any other (please specify)? 1 2.50%
Joan Mir 0 0%
Takaaki Nakagami 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 22:33   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2020 MotoGP championship thread

MM93, first the save and the comeback. He was having some or the other moments with the bike riding over the limit. Unfortunately the injury seems a bit serious and can keep him out for 3 to 4 weeks (as per some of the facebook group comments primarily from Spanish Media). A big blow to his 2020 Championship campaign.

Fabio deserved the win, he is the one to watchout for this season. He seems a lot more calmer and more focussed this year which was evident from the season opener. Cant wait for the next week race.
Old 21st July 2020, 06:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Unfortunately the injury seems a bit serious and can keep him out for 3 to 4 weeks (as per some of the facebook group comments primarily from Spanish Media). A big blow to his 2020 Championship campaign.
It is kind of weird isn't it that Marq has to be injured for someone else to even have a shot at the championship? I mean not taking anything away from Quartararo or Dovi but once Marq gets going they just can't keep up Yamaha because of the lack of power and Ducati because of the limitation of the riders.

While it is such a shame and I do hope Marq recovers quickly and joins back. Finally seeing someone else on the top step of the podium is a good chance for once.

Can't wait to witness whats in store this weekend.

Cheers
Krishna
Old 22nd July 2020, 20:17   #48
BHPian

Marquez is injured because he couldn't resist the temptation to settle for 2nd or 3rd place. Had he settled down and not pushed the envelope then he probably may have escaped injury.

So if there are more probable winners for the title this year then I think its welcome as that brings in a change or possibly a different approach altogether from Marquez one he is back in Brno.

It will be worth watching guys and a spectacle is what we are looking at to keep ourselves engrossed in these covid-19 times.

Cheers!!
Amit_GetzCRDI09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 07:29   #49
BHPian

Apparently Marq is trying to make it to FP1 session on Friday. This guy is relentless. Waiting to see how things turn out.

Edit: The riders are nothing short of superhuman.

Marq, Cal and Rins all 3 declared fit to ride for the weekend.

Source : https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...nd-prix/334662

This is going to be one exciting race for sure.

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd July 2020 at 18:09. Reason: Merged the 2 posts. Thanks
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:07   #50

Marc Marquez (MM93) declared fit to race this weekend! He will be there in FP1 on Friday morning. What an amazing guy! Waiting to see how fit he is and where he is going to finish the race.
Old 29th July 2020, 01:29   #51
BHPian

MM93 did not participate in the GP RED BULL DE ANDALUCIA it seems.
Here are the top 3 (all Yamahas):
1. Fabio Quartararo
2. Maverick Viñales
3. Valentino Rossi

Happy to see The Doctor back on podium!!
Old 31st July 2020, 19:27   #52
BANNED

Argentina, Thailand and Malaysian Grands Prix cancelled, 1 new race in Europe to be revealed later.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...ds-prix/336630

Speculation suggests it could be Portimao, Portugal

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...mpression=true
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 17:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to see MotoGP race is live on Youtube.

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 18:34   #54
BHPian

What a race.

It's quite a bad thing to say but Marq, not racing has made the season so much better.

What a legend Binder is. A force to reckon with for the future.

Pol's unlucky streak continues.

And massive respect to Zarco for that performance.

Epic epic race!

Cheers
Krishna
Old 9th August 2020, 18:37   #55
BHPian

Awesome day for South Africa and Austria.
Big ktm fan and of late.. a binder fan too. Hope they achieve more success together.
Old 9th August 2020, 19:19   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

The doctor gets a good score again, which begs the question about the point of maverick. On bt sports, the commentator made an interesting statement. "if you're one of the championship leaders on a factory Yamaha, and you can't beat Rossi who's heading out, one wonders if the correct choice has been made. If this were ducati with its management style, he's have been shown the door. "

Also, little marquez is not that good, is he?
Old 9th August 2020, 19:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The doctor gets a good score again, which begs the question about the point of maverick. On bt sports, the commentator made an interesting statement. "if you're one of the championship leaders on a factory Yamaha, and you can't beat Rossi who's heading out, one wonders if the correct choice has been made. If this were ducati with its management style, he's have been shown the door. "

Also, little marquez is not that good, is he?
Maverick has never been consistent. It has always been this or that and he tends to lose out.
I mean how long will the excuse that "I can't ride on a full tank and fresh tires" work on a factory team of all places.

There is a new breed of riders coming in (started with Marq) where they do not ask the bike to do most of the heavy lifting, instead, if the bike has limitations the riders are fully willing to compensate for it. That's the mettle of guys like Marq, Fabio, Pedrosa, and now Binder. These guys are the future and the longer riders like Vin want everything fixed on the bike before producing consistent results his place in the team deserves to be questioned.

AM's move into Repsol I strongly feel was just a chip played to keep Marq happy and entice him into a 4-year deal. Honda very well knows they don't have anyone to ride that bike if he goes or gets injured. I bet they weren't expecting it to be this soon.

And the very act of replacing AM and signing an official contract even before a single race done was just brutal, definitely can't help with his(AM's) mental game too. Would have destroyed the poor guy for sure.

But I wonder, in this time when breaking out of contracts if something that is become a norm, how much of that 4 years will Marq stay back. It'll be interesting to see.

Cheers
Krishna
Old 9th August 2020, 20:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Who would have thought, we'll have Binder winning in his just third race, on a KTM, where Yamaha's look all conquering this season. Great job by Morbidelli and Zarco.
Zarco is the lead Ducati in championship, that's crazy !
This race turned season on its heads. With no Marc, it was Yamaha's for taking. But it doesn't look that easy, KTM and Suzuki can spoil the party. Hope to see Marc in a good shape next weekend.
Old 9th August 2020, 21:19   #59
BHPian

Team Ecstar Suzuki has been on my mind after this race. They have a competent bike and a winning rider, Alex Rins. He can achieve even better results if he can qualify on first two rows consistently. But the gsx-rr doesn't seem to extract every last bit of grip from the qualifying tires. At same time it can preserve tires for longer. Its a double edge sword, but I think they need to move the balance a bit towards better qualifying.
In same team is Joan Mir who hasn't been what was expected from him. One year of experience and he still drops down right from the start. Suzuki has renewed the contract with him for 2 yrs but I am sure they are having seconds thoughts now. I hope he learns from Rins and get a bit of aggression in his riding style.

Like above posts I agree Maverick needs to change his opinion on the ingredients for a championship win. Even in Suzuki he was always complaining, never in a positive or forward looking manner. But he has talent, loads of it. So I think he will be back in Austria.

Speaking of Austria, I think KTM's Binder can be the next Marquez. Fingers crossed.
Old 9th August 2020, 21:55   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Motogp is intriguing as always. Brad Binder what a ride. This guy needs to be watched out. History written and first rider to win a Motogp race for KTM. Zarco was surprize package, did not expect him to be on the podium. Full marks to the commitment on the long lap penalty.

Looking forward to Austria.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks