Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 00:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza (September 04-06)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
No, he is not. Thankfully F1 released an official list of the 'fastest F1 drivers' and he is 3rd even after 6 years with the ever dominant, fastest of them all, Team Mercedes. Pre Mercedes era, he was just what he actually is, a mediocre and that's just my humble opinion, no offense to Hamilton fans.
The 'list' you talk about, it's created by some people with lot of free time at hand. I don't think it's helpful in this discussion anyway. It has drivers like Trulli and Kovalainen above Vettel, Prost etc, that itself must tell something.

You can hate Hamilton for all you want, but calling him mediocre?

Before you brand me as Hamilton fan, let me make it clear myself. I am not a Hamilton fan and I don't like him winning all the time. But do I need to hate him for that? Hate is too strong a word to use in a sport.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 00:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Hate is too strong a word to use in a sport.
And when did I use that word? Hamilton fanboys labelled it as such.

What happened to the healthy discussions we used to have here? Comparisons would always me made in sports, it's a pity that some people take that personally. I have my reasons for not liking Hamilton as a F1 champ, others may have their reasons for liking him as a F1 champ. It's a personal choice, it can't be imposed upon someone (until Mercedes is managing them )

It's same as saying I don't like Messi and think Ronaldo is better. Now, Messi fanboys are expected to be furious, and I understand that, but that doesn't mean I hate Messi. I hope now people will understand the difference between disliking someone as a sportspersons and hating someone.

I knew the Hamilton fanboys will hate me, that's why from the very first moment I kept on saying 'no offence to Hamilton fans'.

And again, I never said I hate him, I mean why would I. I even met him at the 2011 Indian GP. He is a really humble and nice fellow. But, I don't like him as a F1 champion, cause of all the biased support he has received which has facilitated him in becoming the champion time and again. Again, just to clarify, my personal opinion though fanboys would be furious again. But, I'm not here to please them.

Last edited by wrongturn : 8th September 2020 at 00:41.
Old 8th September 2020, 09:12   #78
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Lets stop this wrangling and focus on the race
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 14:11   #79
BHPian

I think the Italian GP just cemented in the point of why we need a reverse grid quali race. I think with the banning of engine modes, now will be the best time to do anything like that.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th September 2020 at 21:23. Reason: Removing Hamilton discussion
Old 9th September 2020, 01:45   #80
BHPian

A lot of negative things have been said about Pierre Gasly. But he has shown the temperament of a champion in two epic races, Brazil 2019 and ofcourse the Monza 2020. Under similar situations even champions like Vettel make unforced errors (and spin out). IMHO with a good team and in the right car he could be a serious contender. His post race reactions were so moving, specially the radio messages. Here is what he had to say post race:

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th September 2020 at 20:33. Reason: Please keep the discussion to the topic - Monza 2020
Old 9th September 2020, 23:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Lewis is set to pretty much smash most of the F1 records and it takes more then just a fast car to do, one needs talent which Lewis has in spades be it qualifying, tire management, wet race.
Exactly. The way he drove back from almost 30 seconds to the pack was phenomenal. Even though the car was over heating in slipstream he managed an offset to the racing line and still overtook cars up to 7th position. I hope DR will also join the group next year with Merc engine at his back. Lewis, Max, Daniel & mighty Fernando Game on

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2020 at 04:44. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks