Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 14:49   #61
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix | Hungaroring | 30 July - 1 August, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

I somehow feel that the stewards are so much in favor of mercs and especially their No.1 driver.
Now about the race, yeah Hamilton did nothing wrong in this race(in his 1.3x faster car compared to the grid) but still his frustrating radio messages and the post race theatrics to mimic the great Ayrton Senna (1991 Brazil GP) were pure cringefest. Dude seemed alright while talking to Ocon and suddenly during the interview was almost hyperventilating in front of camera and on podium, the act 2 of being so tired to not even lift up a hand was on display (still able to lift the bottle of champagne). Should maintain consistency in the drama acts as well.

It was nice to see 40 year old Alonso school him (like Schumacher did) and fortunately it wasn't Bottas or McLarens (or Russell?) to offer a free pass this time and that's why he wasn't able to cruise past Ocon, for another spectacular legendary win. (thank you Alonso for saving us all from that drama atleast) And, that's why Hamilton was so disappointed after race, an opportunity to be glorified missed! (yeah so let's put on the drama face)

Bottas certainly deserves a severe penalty, but that ain't happening cause it's Mercedes after all, I'm just relieved Norris wasn't given a penalty and was painted the guilty guy (like Russell). Though he was asked about the possibility, and stewards must have tried too, but since all the footage and camera angles were aired already (unlike Bottas vs Russell) they must've decided to penalize Bottas, in the most subtle way possible.

Penalty for Seb, well it's Seb and steward have been very liberal while giving penalties to Seb & Max, maintaining equilibrium towards the system by adding where they deducted in case of Mercedes.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd August 2021 at 16:08. Reason: Please avoid troll posts. Thank you!
wrongturn is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:14   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix | Hungaroring | 30 July - 1 August, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Now about the race, yeah Hamilton did nothing wrong in this race(in his 1.3x faster car compared to the grid) but still his frustrating radio messages and the post race theatrics to mimic the great Ayrton Senna (1991 Brazil GP) were pure cringefest. Dude seemed alright while talking to Ocon and suddenly during the interview was almost hyperventilating in front of camera and on podium, the act 2 of being so tired to not even life up a hand was on display (still able to lift the bottle of champagne). Should maintain consistency in the drama acts as well.
Seriously we all knew you hated him but this is a new low. Are you his personal doctor to know his condition. Lewis was clearly struggling, even when he was trying to grab the champagne and his eyes doesn't tell lies. He is clearly dizzy. I know that since I have once suffered vertigo and several times dizziness.

Also if you actually watched the entire post race interview Lewis said Alonso was right at the limit of hard racing and he would have done the same thing if he was in Alonso place. Ocon also acknowledged it was very physical race and lewis for last few laps was putting qualifying type laps.

Quote:
that's why Hamilton was so disappointed after race, an opportunity to be glorified missed! (yeah so let's put on the drama face)
Ocon is a friend of Lewis and just two years ago, Ocon said Lewis gave him the right career advice and Lewis infact took a dig at Stroll in BBC show 2 years back telling how a rich kid(Stroll) was able to take the place of a well deserved youngster(Ocon). Both Toto and Lewis are close to Ocon.

Quote:
Penalty for Seb, well it's Seb and steward have been very liberal while giving penalties to Seb & Max, maintaining equilibrium towards the system by adding where they deducted in case of Mercedes.
The 1 liter fuel penalty even Lewis got in 2012 as did various other teams.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd August 2021 at 17:39. Reason: Quoted post edited, and a few bits of your post trimmed. Thanks.
aim120 is offline   (9) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:33   #63
BHPian

Well IMO the now silly looking standing start by Lewis has deflected the attention from the crash itself. Call me a conspiracy theorist but had Lewis gone to the pits and run away with the race, Red Bull would have made a hue and cry how Bottas had intentionally destroyed their race after all that had happened in the last race. Now with this apparent or otherwise blunder, Lewis had to work very hard to get on the podium and thanks to the unfortunate DQ walks away with some good points over Max.

So happy to see so many unexpected point scorers not the least Latifi who outscored Russell. The biggest loser would be Alfa Romeo team which came away empty handed in this race.

Driver of the day was the amazing Alonso and his reaction after the race lifting up Ocon shows his bonding and commitment to the team. All in all this has made this season very exciting. Cant wait for Part 2.
clementw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
The biggest loser would be Alfa Romeo team which came away empty handed in this race.
After the DQ of Seb, old boy Kimi moved into 10th securing 1 point. That's a point's gap with Haas, and given the car Haas has and two rookies in Mick and Mazepin., I am not sure they are going to secure points unless another Hungaroring repeats. So, AR won't and up securing the last spot.
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
It was nice to see 40 year old Alonso school him (like Schumacher did) and fortunately it wasn't Bottas or McLarens (or Russell?) to offer a free pass this time and that's why he wasn't able to cruise past Ocon, for another spectacular legendary win. (thank you Alonso for saving us all from that drama atleast) And, that's why Hamilton was so disappointed after race, an opportunity to be glorified missed! (yeah so let's put on the drama face)
Alonso has his old mojo back. He is brilliant in the race, has a great race craft. The battle between him and Hamilton was epic and actually contributed to Alpine's first podium. Alonso still needs to improve his qualifying, which he hasn't really been great at.
nevin007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:20   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Why can't we all here just enjoy the racing and stop being so attached to the drivers and their personalities on the track? I mean these guys don't even know us and are probably getting along very well with each other right after race day!

While the rest of us bicker and burn over what happened and what didn't. Ah, The wonderful life on the internet.
Red Liner is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:37   #67
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

Gentle reminder to everyone: correct procedure to deal with stuff you find breaking forum rules is to report it for moderators' review & appropriate corrective action as needed.

Please refrain from trolling and personal attacks, both doing it yourself and/or retaliating to it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd August 2021 at 17:41. Reason: typo
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
After the DQ of Seb, old boy Kimi moved into 10th securing 1 point. That's a point's gap with Haas, and given the car Haas has and two rookies in Mick and Mazepin., I am not sure they are going to secure points unless another Hungaroring repeats. So, AR won't and up securing the last spot.
Finishing ahead of Haas is hardly an achievement. Alfa Romeo were ahead of Williams in standings. With Williams scoring 6 points in a single race, it will take some work (and luck) to get 8th place back from Williams.

Edit: If Vettel's DSQ is upheld, it's another 4 points to Williams (and 1 to AR).

Last edited by SilentEngine : 2nd August 2021 at 19:00.
Old 3rd August 2021, 00:06   #69
BHPian

It appears many don't care how Mercedes gains massively/wins by taking out their main rivals. I'd really prefer they do it without destroying opposite team's cars in the process. I have nothing against MB other than they made watching the sport I enjoy the most boring for the last many years. And it is that boredom that made me routing for the opposite guy who I always considered as self-centered.

BTW massive respects to Alonso. I badly want to see him in a top Car. And gutted for Vettel. He really drove his heart out in those difficult conditions.

And I am really happy for George too. He really deserved those points.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd August 2021 at 11:37. Reason: Language...
PJ1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 08:19   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: This thread has been cleaned up and infractions have been handed out, with 1 BHPian even ending up banned.

Please ALWAYS be civil, polite & respectful to other members...even in debate. We will NOT permit personal attacks or rude posts.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 08:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

I never thought I'll get glued to F1 again. The uncertainty and drama is brilliant.

Staunch RB fan but I must admit that Hamilton drove really well despite being sick of him winning over and over again.

Super happy for Alpine! How they continue to complicate the mid field battles.

Looking forward to the battle at Spa! This season is exciting and I can't wait for this month to pass by.

PS: The only beneficiaries of the Max and Hamilton fan clash are the sponsors. The rest of us are just wasting valuable time over nothing.
Old 3rd August 2021, 09:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

What a drive from Hamilton; he is a brilliant driver, no doubt.

I do recreational karting and amateur kart racing; I am an average racer only, found it the hard way after a few races . The indoor tracks are the most demanding ones physically than the faster outdoor tracks.

Nice to see all these comments online, I like the drama, more revenue for F1.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 10:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Finishing ahead of Haas is hardly an achievement. Alfa Romeo were ahead of Williams in standings. With Williams scoring 6 points in a single race, it will take some work (and luck) to get 8th place back from Williams.

Edit: If Vettel's DSQ is upheld, it's another 4 points to Williams (and 1 to AR).
Well, I never said that it is an achievement. But hey, I don't think AR has any other expectation. The car is not the best and the attitudes of the personnel are questionable. Kimi himself radioed in one of the races earlier that the team should wake up. How they released Kimi this time just shows the lack of intent or professionalism. If there was any race to capitalize, it was this (just as Williams did) and AR was nowhere up to the mark.
Giovinazzi is in his 3rd year now, and even though he is a Ferrari youth, he is just average. He is nowhere in touching distance of the young powerhouses of F1 today. All these point to the lack of aspiration by the team. They don't see themselves in the midfield and are happy to fight their own battles at the bottom. And that's where even if the 1 point does not have much significance, it puts them in a bit safer distance of the tag of becoming the last team in this season.

Last edited by SansGT : 3rd August 2021 at 10:30.
Old 3rd August 2021, 10:43   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Well, I never said that it is an achievement. But hey, I don't think AR has any other expectation. The car is not the best and the attitudes of the personnel are questionable. Kimi himself radioed in one of the races earlier that the team should wake up. How they released Kimi this time just shows the lack of intent or professionalism. If there was any race to capitalize, it was this (just as Williams did) and AR was nowhere up to the mark.
Giovinazzi is in his 3rd year now, and even though he is a Ferrari youth, he is just average. He is nowhere in touching distance of the young powerhouses of F1 today. All these point to the lack of aspiration by the team. They don't see themselves in the midfield and are happy to fight their own battles at the bottom. And that's where even if the 1 point does not have much significance, it puts them in a bit safer distance of the tag of becoming the last team in this season.
This is primarily because the Team Principal hasn't been given a free hand to hire his own drivers. That changes from 2022. Both these drivers don't have a contract beyond 2021. I have a good feeling Vasseur will hire two new drivers for 2022 onwards. That was part of the negotiated agreement with Alfa Romeo/Ferrari. He's already on record stating he is very interested in how the driver line up for different teams play out after the summer break.

That being said, they certainly squandered this GP's opportunities.

Maybe expect Bottas + a new Ferrari GP2 champ to take those two seats.
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:47   #75
VRJ
BHPian

Hamilton fans, don’t hate me on this. This is just a fabulous meme (about Ham complaining on the radio all the time) I came across on Reddit I’d like to share

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank...tm_name=iossmf

I’m fairly new to F1. This is the first season I’m following completely. I’ve watched earlier seasons, but never dedicated myself thanks to one teams domination.

Coming to the race, such a race is once in a decade. Just mayhem. Hamilton, the only driver starting on the grid. I never even imagined such a scenario. Great comeback by Ham. I’m not a fan of Ham tbh, but he drove well. Agreed that he has the fastest car with no damage and he used DRS leading to turn 1 to overtake a good number of cars. Makes one think if it’s the car or the driver one should appreciate. Well, that’s F1.

I’m heartbroken for Vettel. I don’t understand what one litre of fuel can make a difference. Ridiculous rules. Two Merc taking out two Bulls is just unfortunate. I hate such crashes. I want a clean battle. I want the Mercs and Bulls to battle like there’s no tomorrow. Alonso, an all time legend for a reason. Max, with a broken car, managed a respectful P9. Can’t wait for the rest of the season. Ahh who doesn’t love some drama.

Has anyone noticed one thing. Carlos has four podiums and coincidentally Charles DNF in all those four races

Cheers!
VRJ is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks