Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 20:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great news! All the Best Mr.Mallya!

Now a F1 race in India seems like a reality, also the F1 boss Bernie Eccl quoted this week that India can hold the F1 race by 2009!
Old 1st September 2007, 21:08   #17
BHPian

It's indeed a great news. Saw the interview of Mallya on CNBC. Perhaps the interview was done before the deal, but still he was talking about Narain and Kiran Chandhok. So can we see the two in the Spyker next year?? Would be great news for India and future F1 drivers from India though.
Old 1st September 2007, 22:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
We already got Super Aguri F1 team owned by Suzuki I guess I m sure Maruti got some stakes in that too ? Can any Indian business try to buy Ferrari F1 ?
There are a lot of people in Japan with the surname Suzuki,and Super Auguri Suzuki is owned by one Japnese racer Aguri Suzuki and has nothing to do with Suzuki Motors.

As for Ferrari,its already owned by Fiat.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 1st September 2007 at 22:56.
Old 1st September 2007, 23:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Don't know what he's upto but I'm sure it will be interesting to see how things shape up.

Since he is already a sponsor for Toyota how will this work out?
My thoughts exactly. However since hes already put in the Money in Toyota, I think that will continue.

The new teams name will be changed to "Kingfisher ***** " Even if its his personal venture. Mallya = Kingfisher. He would brand it big and bold. There is nothing stopping him from having 4 cars on track with the Kingfisher brand on them. (is there?)

I think he will definitely use this get F1 to India more smoothly and to get the Govt to support motorsports in India right from grassroots.

And I agree N K should be able to get a drive now and concentrate on the driving, without worrying how to bring in the money into the team that takes him.

Last edited by IronWolf : 1st September 2007 at 23:51.
Old 2nd September 2007, 00:30   #20
BHPian

I am sure that he will bag the deal...
just now saw a half an hour prog on cnbc tv18 ... things are clear to me indian gp and indian team ... its just mind boggling
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:40   #21
Team-BHP Support

Deal has gone through at 2am IST this morning. Mallya is now the co-owner of a Formula 1 team, in his personal capacity and not through UB or Kingfisher.
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Deal has gone through at 2am IST this morning. Mallya is now the co-owner of a Formula 1 team, in his personal capacity and not through UB or Kingfisher.

Yup, splattered across the front page of today's TOI too
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:56   #23
BANNED

Good Show by the man who really knows how to Live Life King Size ..... so now we can finally see NK back in an F1 car and without having too worry about money ( I hope so ) and just concentrating on his driving !!! This move will also increase the chances of India seeing a F1 race happening LIVE somewhere in our country side and as a lot of ppl have said , that the experience of hearing a real F1 car is truly orgasmic !!!

Mallaya now has one full F1 team and a part of the other -- one as an individual and the other as a company . This guy is something !! Also this move should do wonders ( again hopefully ) for motorsports in general in India starting at the grass root levels . Other corporates might see Motorsports as an avenue for publicity . RT @ Do you think it will augur well for the sport at the grass root level ??

Also will he change the name of the team and if he does what will he change it to -- can't be Team Kingfisher as he's bought it in his personal capacity , he'll let Kingfisher get the publicity via the Toyota team . Any guesses on Team name ... ??? Hope he can change the fortunes of the team for the better .

Cheers

PS -- all the money he's made from every bottle of KF I've consumed ( which is helluva lot ) ... has been wisely spent . I wish he decides to spend some for Rallying as well --- TEAM KINGFISHER doing the rounds of the INRC wud be fun ;-) ( I know Im getting greedy now )
Old 2nd September 2007, 12:06   #24
Team-BHP Support

He has told in the news that the Team name will have India in it.
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:08   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
He has told in the news that the Team name will have India in it.
That would be the puurrfeeeect name for his team ... As per a recent survey , the word ' India ' is the most happening word across the world today !!

Time for me to dig into the fridge and get meself a KF .... !! Can't wair for them to decide on the name for this team ......

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Humm - Mallya made me swallow my words. Its gonna have the name India in the team name.. not sure if FIA would be okay with that. After all Bernie is a finicky old man.
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:56   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Humm - Mallya made me swallow my words. Its gonna have the name India in the team name.. not sure if FIA would be okay with that. After all Bernie is a finicky old man.
If India is a problem .... then maybe he can use ' Bharat ' , the old fickle man surely wudn't know what that means
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:19   #28
BHPian

i dont think FIA would have a problem, but the good-ol' Indian Netas may make an issue out of it for sure....
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
i dont think FIA would have a problem, but the good-ol' Indian Netas may make an issue out of it for sure....
if the name india or bharat is used more then barnnie eccilson haveing a problem V.J.M. would have to face flack from the ministers and wanna be lime light seekers who would file P.I.L. against him.
i think toyota sponsership would carry on till the contract expires as he has free branding on his own team cars now. i hope he takes on narein kartikeyan as the top driver and names the team smartly.
does anyone have any idea if a team owner can sponser another team in advertiseing. does FIA have any rules for this. thanks
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

So hes finally done it. Only a man like Mallaya could pull off something like this. F1 is surely coming to the country now. Who would have thought an Indian would own an F1 team so soon? Kudos to Mallaya. First it was the KF logo all over the Toyota and now this . Kudos to him.

NK aside, I do hope he helps in bringing up young talent from the country in motorsport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks