Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Orange India Kingfisher Formula 1 Team.
Is that what its gonna be called? Orange as in the telecommunications company?

So hes gonna use Kingfisher anyway eh? My initial assumption was right?
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:15   #47
Team-BHP Support

I don't think he can use kingfisher since he is sponsoring Toyota with that name.

I don't think you can sponsor a team and also own another. Since he has specified it is his own acquisition and not kingfisher he mostly will not use that name. But the name is nice Team KF India or Kingfisher India team. has a nice ring to it.
Old 4th September 2007, 01:21   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats mallya. I swear never to drink any other beer again in my life.
I finally agree with you on something .... !! In some way we are all part of this team ... after all if we hadn't been such ardent lovers of his brand of beer he may never have gotten to th epoint of buying it .

In the last 10 yrs and many many many many bottles of beer ... Ive probably cheated on KF probably 10 times ( 10 bottles ) and that too only when I would get into a situation when the bar man woudl tell me at 3 am that he's run out of kf's !!

Cheers

PS -- Im hoping he gives the team a name that we are proud to CHEER for !!
Old 4th September 2007, 01:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ask Ishan, I think he wants to call it 'Maa Ki F1 Team'.

Ishan, don't kill me!
Old 4th September 2007, 01:49   #50
BHPian

Orange India

I don't think Mallya can sponsor Toyota and name this team Kingfisher.

Orange India does have a good ring to it. It also alludes to one of the colours (Saffron) of the Indian Flag, don't you think?

As far as drivers, I think Narain should stick with Williams if he even has a remote chance of getting a car in the next year or two. If not, I can't blame him for swithcing over to Orange India.

If I had a choice, I would pick Karan Chandok before Narain. For those out there who thinks that Karan isn't ready for F1, I have 2 words for you, "Lewis Hamilton"!

If my memory serves me right, Narain's F1 debut had a lot of good qualifying times (compared to Tiago Monteiro) and 5 retirements (out of a total of 19 races). The one time he qualifies behind Tiago, he looses a chance to be on the podium on that sorry race in Indianapolis. I was there in person at the chicane at turn 8 through 10.

Based on press reports from the Willaims guys, if you can see through the euphemisms, he appears to still have some rough edges and is not too easy on the cars which might be ok when testing but has a negative effect on race day.
Old 4th September 2007, 10:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I dont think he has done this to sell more beer. He is a enthusiast and hence has made a personal decision to buy into a sport he loves.

On the naming front, he could use Kingfisher since that is what he has used for the airlines which also is his personal venture (for his son I guess).
I dont know why he has done this- but from a marketeers point of view, this is a steal!

and personally , at the end of the day, its all about money- no one will be willing to spend money unless there is more money coming in - esp a businessman.

Last edited by madan80 : 4th September 2007 at 10:39.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:17   #52
BHPian

The new team is speculated to be named Orange India and read somewhere that the deal went down for a 110 mil USD. Not a bad catch.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

guys since kingfisher is already one of the sponsers of toyota and mallya has bought spyker in his personal capacity please dont rule out that kingfisher comes under the UB GROUP banner. so it could be named as U.B. INDIA RACEING or even better INDIA'S U.B. RACEING.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:43   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
guys since kingfisher is already one of the sponsers of toyota and mallya has bought spyker in his personal capacity please dont rule out that kingfisher comes under the UB GROUP banner. so it could be named as U.B. INDIA RACEING or even better INDIA'S U.B. RACEING.
speedy , Im sure u intentinally wrote ' RACEING ' , coz if that spelling comes onto the Team name -- India suddenly might start to lose a lot of the outsourcing biz !!!

As for the name ... ' Orange India ' is what it seems to be heading towards though a lot of us would love to see Kingfisher up there somehow . Also with rumours doing the rounds that Ralf might be in contention as a driver for the team as he and Mallya are old friends .

Things should get clearer in a few weeks time ...

Cheers
Old 5th September 2007, 13:50   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ View Post
The new team is speculated to be named Orange India and read somewhere that the deal went down for a 110 mil USD. Not a bad catch.
Why on earth would it be called Orange India? Orange have sold out their India operations haven't they? Hutch bought them over. And Vodafone bought over Hutch.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

I think it has to do something with the Dutch group who are partners with Mallya in this team.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Why on earth would it be called Orange India? Orange have sold out their India operations haven't they? Hutch bought them over. And Vodafone bought over Hutch.
No logical equation derived, Just read it on an article

F1 Spyker Sold For USD110 million - Zerotohundred.com Forums

Or may be Mallya just likes the color Orange.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:35   #58
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't put too much faith in a report that says "The purchase of Spyker is under Vijay's personal financing while Kingfisher airline will continue financing the Williams."

Lol.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't put too much faith in a report that says "The purchase of Spyker is under Vijay's personal financing while Kingfisher airline will continue financing the Williams."

Lol.
Well...Mr.Mallya is a rich man, you never know what he is capable of. A few years ago nobody would have belived that an Indian would own a Formula 1 team. Moreover that article is probably from a journalist who knows a eeny weeny bit more than any of us. (unless Mr. Mallya or somebody who works for him is a part of this forum). Dont underestimate that man. (for all you know the new team MIGHT even become competitive.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
speedy , Im sure u intentinally wrote ' RACEING ' , coz if that spelling comes onto the Team name -- India suddenly might start to lose a lot of the outsourcing biz !!!
Cheers
yes khaadu that was intentional.

Quote:

Lol.
Rtech that is peice of art. this is what happens when the writers dont have a clue of what they are doing. an article for the heck of filling up content.
kingfisher's contract with toyota ends this season so then they could be seen with spyker or whatever the new team is called. "MOL & I RACING" (the car in black and writeing in orange)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks