Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 19:56   #31
BHPian

just in case you people need the link for the news here it goes
http:///www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070901145817.shtml
F1 News - Grandprix.com

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 2nd September 2007 at 20:01.
Old 3rd September 2007, 02:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful news! Man that guy is something, kudos to him for pulling this off & with every passing day it just reaffirms my belief that within a few years we will have an Indian GP! Yay for Kingfisher & Vijay Mallya!
Old 3rd September 2007, 04:02   #33
BHPian

Gr8 news.
If nothing else, it will do a world of good for awarness towards the sport in India.

Good show Mr. Mallya.
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:37   #34
BHPian

Hats off to mallaya.Love to see an indian owned team in F1.hope next year the driver line up includes NK.any way fantastic news for motorsports in india.

Guys since mallaya has invested lots of money buying the spyker let us all help mallaya to input money for him for that we will drink more bottles of B--Rcheers:
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mallya. I swear never to drink any other beer again in my life.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mr Mallya...great going. We love your beer and don worry we will support your car too....Its just that one word is it will take a lot of time and hardwork to make it competitive till then just wait. After all its only 12 people in the world to be in the elite club like you. Great news for india though. Hopefully an INDIAN driver an INDIAN boss & an INDIAN GP. WOW
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:43   #37
BHPian

Mallya buying an F1 team and getting Formula 1 to india is gonna open a whole new window of oppertuntities for motorsports in India. (Like Malaysia etc)
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

all this to sell more beer! king of good times really- the target audience with just having kingfisher on the car- 17 races, 250 million audience all for 80 million! wow! a deal it is!
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:26   #39
BHPian

with rosberg and nakijama on their way out for 2008, Guys ..do you think narain should stick around with williams ?

I think he is better off with williams.
Old 3rd September 2007, 14:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
all this to sell more beer! king of good times really- the target audience with just having kingfisher on the car- 17 races, 250 million audience all for 80 million! wow! a deal it is!
I dont think he has done this to sell more beer. He is a enthusiast and hence has made a personal decision to buy into a sport he loves.

On the naming front, he could use Kingfisher since that is what he has used for the airlines which also is his personal venture (for his son I guess).
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:42   #41
BHPian

I agree that he should use 'Kingfisher' for naming his team, but not sure if we can use 'India' with it as well! Lots of people will have issues with that.

But you cant say that its a personal decision alone, and even if it is, its definitely not a bad business move

@2theMax I think NK should stick with Williams he has a good chance of getting back to driving from testing. Also its gonna be a while before Mallya's team will be really competitive and NK would be too old by then.
And the best part is that if Williams dont Mallya will definitely give him the chance.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:49   #42
BHPian

He is definitely the "King Of Good Times'' ! The joint consortium is called 'Orange India'. Cant wait for the team's name...
Old 3rd September 2007, 18:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

This is going great!!!
Though retaining Kingfisher in the name would be good...
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:25   #44
BHPian

Firstly great news. I read on autoblog the team will be called "Orange India" and its seems Mr. Mallya is planning to give Narain Karthikeyan a seat in F1.
Well I really really hope that happens.
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Orange India Kingfisher Formula 1 Team. Phew....took almost as much time reading it as I took to type it. (that doesnt say anything about my typing speed does it?! )

Its almost as if Mallya realised that it would take time to bring Formula 1 to India. So what does he do? He decides to take India to Formula 1!! Narain looks almost certain to race again.

The team desperately needs to re-structure. Funds might not be a problem, but they a long way to go before they can establish themselves as a mid-level team. We (and Mallya himself) dont want our KF cars to be running around last while we re-fill our KF mugs do we??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks