Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 23:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

well we know that Mclaren are cheaters and that is more than enough and this years F1 championship will always be tainted,its very obvious that FIA acted on behalf of FOM for whom money is all that matters.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 13th September 2007 at 23:28.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed : Mclaren EXCLUDED from Constructors championship

just in..
Mclaren have been excluded from the constructors championship..
all their constructor point have been docked
this does not affect their drivers' points tally..
Lewis & Hamilton still lead the drivers championship

the team were also fined $100 million USD for 'spying'
Old 13th September 2007, 23:29   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Looks like my prediction has come true

I have a strong feeling that Mclaren will get on with the game and put up an even stronger fight to prove themselves now. This augers really well for the sport.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
well we know that Mclaren are cheaters and that is more than enough and this years F1 championship will always be tainted,its very obvious that FIA acted on behalf of FOM for whom money is all that matters.
Exactly, i am a Mclaren fan but since they cheated they should get the punishment. However i dont understand what this ban is penlaising the team half way, they still going to use the data of ferrari as they used it to make their cars fast.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:34   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
they still going to use the data of ferrari as they used it to make their cars fast.
So has it been proved what all details they got from Ferrari and used it on their cars?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, apparently their employee agreed that he had recieved designs for the floor device, rear wing flap seperator & a technique to lower the floor of the car from Nigel & had given technical drawings based on the same to the McLaren Engineering Director.

Let me quote from the Planet F1 article:

Quote:
"Stepney contacted me for the first time in five years on March 1st 2007.

"He subsequently telephoned me and informed me that he was very unhappy with the direction his career was taking at Ferrari and Mr Almondo's promotion above him.

"But he did not pass any technical information about Ferrari to me until mid-March 2007."

However, once he did pass that information to Coughlan, the Brit showed it to McLaren, something the Woking team has claimed never happened. The information included designs of Ferrari's floor device, a rear wing flap separator, and a technique to lower the floor of the car.

"Details of the floor device were sent to me by email to my McLaren work email address," Coughlan continued. "I showed the email fleetingly to Martin Whitmarsh, who asked me to take up the issue with Paddy Lowe, McLaren's engineering director.

"I produced a schematic drawing for Lowe, which I understand he forwarded to the FIA. The FIA subsequently declared the floor device as falling outside the regulations.

"Details of the rear wing device were also sent by email to me. I briefly showed this email to Lowe. I understand he reported this to Charlie Whiting of the FIA at the Melbourne Grand Prix, but he was of the opinion that the design was legal.

"As for the information about the subtle engineering technique, I felt it was inconsequential and so I did not show these details to anyone."

Last edited by iraghava : 13th September 2007 at 23:59.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Reason enough to let the drivers do the talking for the rest of the season. After that, Mercedes should pull out of the murky waters for good, pulling BMW alongwith it to join in the DTM endeavours.

Let Ferrari win all the F1 for years to come and remain happy.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:05   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah, apparently their employee agreed that he had recieved designs for the floor lowering & an aero wing from Nigel & had given technical drawings based on the same to the McLaren Chief Engineer.
Has it been PROVED that Mclaren USED the info on their cars? I know they had access to the 780 pages. But how much of it was PUT INTO USE to better their cars? Or are most of us here only SPECULATING and claiming to be know it all of the insiders info?

Weird this. Ross takes a sabbatical. Nigel manages to leak info somehow.

Looking at it from a different perspective is it possible that Ferrari MIGHT have intentionally leaked such misinterpreted (or false technical figures) info to Mclaren? Could Ferrari have set this whole event up?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th September 2007 at 00:08.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:07   #39
SuperSyn

autosport.com - F1 News: McLaren lose 2007 points, fined $100m

What a joke. Bernie won, the sport (or rather the illusion of it) lost.

The British press are out of control.

Old 14th September 2007, 00:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

The drivers were saved because of this...

Quote:
FIA Press Relaese

“However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team’s drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regard to drivers’ points."
Ferrari are satisfied...

Formula 1 : News FERRARI - F1-Live.com

Ferrari value the WDC more and Mclaren the WCC,both dont get what they desire and FOM gets 100m Euros,way to go.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 14th September 2007 at 00:25.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:11   #41
BHPian

No constructors for Mclaren in 2007

Here are the articles:
The Official Formula 1 Website

itv.com/f1 - McLaren loses all constructors' points

they have to pay an additional $100 m fine and present their 2008 car for scrutiny.
The drivers title fight remains unaffected.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well thats a heart breaker..but its a good thing the drivers are left out of this.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Why are people relieved that the driver's points haven't been docked? The drivers were driving the cars that had an unfair advantage. While they are definitely innocent and haven't comitted a fraud, the points they earned are directly related to tbe unfair advantage provuded by their team.

Mclaren drivers should voluntarily relinquish their points, but this is still planet earth and we are still human beings.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Now I have nothing against the drivers but if mclaren is punished then the drivers too should have been punished.

Why the punishment for mclaren did they get any unfair advantage if so the drivers too are part of the same mclaren team as the rest of the engineers ,if the engineers at mclaren have benefited ,then same is the case with the drivers as well,they too have benefited and they too need to get the same treatment.

Why punish the engineers only?

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 14th September 2007 at 01:47.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Like it says the drivers were left off since the FIA promised them immunity if they revealed the truth about the whole matter to them.

I say it still sucks since after all they are the ones getting the advantage because of the information.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks