Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 13:03   #61
BHPian

The FIA will reveal the reasoning behind its decision on Friday. So we can share our opinions according to that.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
Its a pity that my team got booted out of the championship. I am wondering had Schumacher be driving for Ferrari this year and in the title hunt, would they have still persisted with their humane descision of keeping Lewis and Alonso still in the title hunt.
Wasn't Michael stripped off allll his points during the '97 season when Ferrari were desperately waiting for a world championship title?!

Alonso and Hamilton can keep their points and no one's raising a point on that. Buttttt if it was Ferrari stripped off their points and Michael allowed to keep his......we know exactly what alll critics would say!

Last edited by Gordon : 14th September 2007 at 13:42.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Even I dont understand the logic behind punishing the team but not the drivers. Tha fact is that throughout the season they were driving better cars and hence the victories and points and I am not ready to believe they didnt knew of the sabotage, even if they didnt, the team sport means that the whole team is punished.
The whole season both the drivers had an unfair advantage among all the other drivers on the track and their points should have been stripped as well in the best interest of the spirit of sportsmanship, although it would have made it a one horse race for this season's driver's championship, the pracing horse.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 14th September 2007 at 13:46.
Old 14th September 2007, 14:25   #64
BHPian

£ 50M ..ouch that hurts , mc's are making a fool of themselves by saying they have not used the info ..

Me thinks there are 4 ferrari's running this years GP ...
Old 14th September 2007, 14:40   #65
BHPian

drivers arent fined / stripped of points because they were given immunity fgor co-operating with the investigation
Old 14th September 2007, 15:07   #66
BHPian

well deserved ban for mclaren, feel sorry for the mclaren fans....... NOT!!
too bad they didnt get a 2008 ban too, but hey thats one more team for ferrari to beat next year.
Old 14th September 2007, 15:51   #67
BHPian

Am very unhappy about FIA decision. Really feel sorry for my team..
Old 14th September 2007, 17:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Wasn't Michael stripped off allll his points during the '97 season when Ferrari were desperately waiting for a world championship title?!

Alonso and Hamilton can keep their points and no one's raising a point on that. Buttttt if it was Ferrari stripped off their points and Michael allowed to keep his......we know exactly what alll critics would say!
There was in your face proof to what he did to Villeneuve. As opposed to how he was let off when he put Hill in the wall during the 95 (or was it 94) season.
Old 14th September 2007, 17:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, same situation here. There is "in your face proof" that they possessed Ferrari technical information illegally.

What I meant with my point was that the FIA is NOT a Ferrari OR Schumacher supporter.
Old 14th September 2007, 17:54   #70
BANNED

One fellow from Ferrari sells some secret papers of his team to another fellow of Mclaren.
Instead of punishing the seller, the buyer's TEAM is punished. LOL!
Atleast both should've been punished. Or as the case stands clear, if the team didn't utilise the secret info, why should there be a punishment to the team?
Ok! No point in jumping the gun. Let's wait for the reasoning from FIA and WMSC.
Old 14th September 2007, 17:54   #71
Team-BHP Support

Actually, Schumi admitted he tried to take JV out, that is why he was excluded. When Senna took Prost out, Senna never admitted anything, hence he was not excluded. So Schumi was a victim (and rightfully so) of his own honesty that year.

In '94, Hill could have won the Championship if only he had a bit more patience. And it was not Schumi who drove Hill into the wall, it was Hill who drove into a retiring Schumi! But, we digress. Lets get back to the topic here.
Old 14th September 2007, 17:57   #72
BHPian

Sure, some people are unhappy with the FIA for penalizing McLaren, while others are unhappy that the drivers weren't docked. I'd like to think that I'm a die hard Ferrari fan, but I'd rather not see them win the constructor's championship (i.e. if they win it all) this way - it would be a hollow victory at best. Anyway, $100 million is a huge amount to stomach, even for McLaren. But I don't think that this decision was made lightly, & it sure would be interesting to go through the WMSC transcripts.
Old 14th September 2007, 17:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
One fellow from Ferrari sells some secret papers of his team to another fellow of Mclaren.
Atleast both should've been punished. Or as the case stands clear, if the team didn't utilise the secret info, why should there be a punishment to the team?
Ok! No point in jumping the gun. Let's wait for the reasoning from FIA and WMSC.
well who says Stepney is enjoying a vaction in the carrabien.The fia can only ban Stepney for FIA controlled motorsport and nothing else.

Secondly the buyer is as guilty as the seller,only difference is Stepney is not a F1 team.
Old 14th September 2007, 18:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
£ 50M ..ouch that hurts , mc's are making a fool of themselves by saying they have not used the info ..

Me thinks there are 4 ferrari's running this years GP ...
Well i guess that clearly outlines which team has the better drivers then.

Ferrari seemed to have more technical issues this year than MClaren. Just wondering why would someone use Ferrari's technology when they are having issues and if Mclaren did use Ferrari's info, why is there such a dominance this year. Should'nt they be on the same page? As much as i was a Ferrari Fan when Schumi was behind the wheel, I feel Hamilton has what it takes to replace the void (perormance with consistency). Well if Mclaren manages to win the WCC in 2008, that will drive a very clear message to everyone.
Old 14th September 2007, 18:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakko
What are U talking, Zakko?
Why WHY in God's name would Ferrari give its designs to Mclaren intentionally?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks