Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Ok guys last race was awsome, Rossi Could'nt keep up with Stoner, and Pedrosa tried very hard to keep up with Rossi.
Pedrosa had more of firepower in his Honda, but he was beaten by Rossi Power. It was apparent that Rossi had lesser of the bikes, but he drove simply superb, epsecially when he was overtaken by Pedrosa, only to quickly reclaim the place.

Stoner's Ducati appeared much superior than both Honda and Yamaha. It was clear early enough that they didn't stand much chance against Ducati.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Stoner was just marvelous and Rossi followed by Pedrosa were totally outclassed by him.
Old 27th June 2008, 11:52   #78
BHPian

Riders, Assen TT-style Gp, is tomorrow. Stoner shined in the 1st practice session with rossi being 0.7xx seconds slower, Colin edwards looking in good form. Hope he gets a podium this time.
Old 28th June 2008, 09:25   #79
BHPian

Front row for Assen:
1. Casey Stoner
2. Dani Pedrosa
3. Valentino Rossi

Casey Stoner with his emphatic win at Donington Park has signalled clearly that the Ducati Team is back in business. With his dominating practice timings, he has already sent a shiver in the factory Yamaha team. Valentino is already urging his crew to equip his Yamaha with more top end grunt lest Casey and his Ducati chew into his championship points. Dani Pedrosa is continuing to be smooth as ever and has yet again managed to menace Valentino and Casey, atleast for the grid position.
With these three in the front row and Jorge not far behind, Assen TT promises to be a cracker.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:51   #80
Team-BHP Support

What time will it be aired today? i happen to miss most of motogp action.

manson.
Old 28th June 2008, 12:25   #81
BHPian

From 14.30 on Ten Sports (starting with 125cc, 250cc and motoGP class). The Delayed telecast will be aired I guess on ESPN at 23.30 tonoght.
For exact schedule refer to tensports.com and espnstar.com
Old 28th June 2008, 19:05   #82
BHPian

Assen Results

1. Casey Stoner
2. Dani Pedrosa
3. Colin Edwards

Casey Stoner dominated the Dutch TT at Assen, as Dani Pedrosa moved into the championship lead after Valentino Rossi crashed at the first corner.

While Pedrosa jumped into the lead on the first lap, Rossi lost control of his Yamaha and fell, taking out Randy de Puniet in the process.

Stoner then swiftly passed Pedrosa and pulled away to take his second commanding victory in a week, with Pedrosa holding on to second place.
After losing ground avoiding Rossi at the start, Colin Edwards charged back through the field to take third - but only gained the podium position after Nicky Hayden's Honda slowed on the final lap with what appeared to be a lack of fuel.

Rossi managed to rejoin following his crash, but could only recover to 11th.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:32   #83
BHPian

Huge mistake by Rossi allowed Pedrossa to take a small lead in the championship.

Looking forward to Rossi fighting back. The young guns ride very well and clean when they have no one in front, but when behind someone like Rossi their lines and throttle usages are slightly untidier.

Rossi will be hoping he gets better starts henceforth and hits the front A.S.A.P.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:40   #84
BHPian

Somehow i liked the way Lorenzo rode, in the 2nd half, he managed 6th. He always does that , in the 2nd half of the race.
Old 2nd July 2008, 02:40   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Somehow i liked the way Lorenzo rode, in the 2nd half, he managed 6th. He always does that , in the 2nd half of the race.
That line is kinda "rossi".
In his early days rossi would qualify horribly and then pass everyone and be on the podium. Either way, Rossi's helped yamaha work on their horrible bike and made it as good as it is. The contract extends till next year now. Lorenzo rides great none the less

The lead that Pedrosa has coz of Rossi's idiotic mistake sucks. I read Rossi's interview after this race - apparently he was real happy with the way his bike was setup but went to fast in to the corner with tires still cold and hard on brakes. :(

Anyway, I wonder if you guys have noticed Colin Edwards in general this season. The older he gets the better he seems to be doing. At first in WSBK or FIM or watever the call it (they keep changing names) he got married- he won a championship, then he had a daughter and won another championship, moved to moto gp , sucked real bad, but has been moving up closer to the podium. He always qualifies well but doesn't finish as well. This race podium was luck but then again, its racing and he made it to the podium.

I dont like Dani Pedrosa (or don't like him as much).
He's "GOOD", but...he's "not THAT good" if you know what i'm saying! Pushes hard but not hard enough, doesnt like rain too much. I wonder if you guys saw the Donington GP where he passed Rossi twice and 2 corners later (both the passes) Rossi was back again ! Same with the Shanghai GP - Dani was riding real well till it rained, and Rossi passed him and led the race. Either way In the end I HOPE ROSSI WINS !

Last edited by highwayblaze : 2nd July 2008 at 02:48.
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:48   #86
BHPian

Highwayblaze: totally agree to you on all the points. I started Watching and following MOtoGp, from the time Rossi Moved to Yamaha, before that i dint know whether any such thing ever existed. anyws that is secondry, By the way rossi agrees that he is not a good starter, i mean form the startline. so he looses positions at the start but gains it well.
At Assen, inspite of falling he still manage to overtake the last two on the grid, i think Melandri and one more dont remember.

Yes once again HOPE he and LORENZO Go to Podium more often.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
... Colin Edwards in general this season. The older he gets the better he seems to be doing.
... moved to moto gp , sucked real bad, but has been moving up closer to the podium. He always qualifies well but doesn't finish as well.
This year I guess the Texas Tornado is having his best time in motogp. When he moved to motoGP, he never had good capable machines during his days at Honda and Yamaha, barring this years of course. Even when he was with Vale as teammate, Yamaha made him to take the second fiddle. This year people at works Yamaha were kind enough to equip the Tech3 Yamaha that Colin's riding this year with pneumatic valve engine and that has given him a chance to rub shoulders with the guys at front.

Have watched him during his SBK days as well. Make no mistakes, he's one helluva rider and can ride his skin out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
This race podium was luck but then again, its racing and he made it to the podium.
Remember Assen 2006?

Here's a of the last corner of the last lap...

Yup, the rider falling was Colin. He lost his lead to Nicky Hayden with a breathing space at the start of the last lap. But, the way he closed back the gap again and retook his lead was WOW! He really deserved a win there.

Colin Edwards said his last gasp third place at Assen was the perfect recompense for losing victory at the track at the final corner in 2006. Two years ago Edwards was battling for the Dutch TT win with Nicky Hayden when he crashed within yards of the chequered flag while dicing with his compatriot.
Ironically this year his last lap elevation to third came at Hayden's expense, as the former champion's Honda faltered on the way into the last chicane and crawled across the line in fourth, allowing Edwards onto the podium.
"What do you say? What goes around, comes around. He who laughs last, laughs hardest," Edwards said. "Whatever you want to say, it's karma, I guess.
"There is not one single shred of me that feels sorry for Nicky Hayden!"

Talking about Vale's race.... Look at the attached pics...
And, read this...
Davide Brivio - Team Manager - "Once Valentino remounted what he did was simply amazing, especially without a gear-shift and with a bent handlebar! For several laps he was the fastest rider on the track, which shows once again his spirit and determination, although it’s also disappointing because it’s clear that we could have done a good race today."

Source

How on earth did Vale manage to ride without the gear shifter??
Attached Images

Old 6th July 2008, 22:30   #88
BHPian

Five46 dude i totally agree man! Like I said, there's great riders in this series but not great enough to match the doctor. i was wondering if any of you had seen the movies "faster" and "dtkk- the doctor the tornado and the kentucky kid" ! i own both of these fantastic titles and nothing but cry each time I see em' coz of the intensity and passion the riders have and pour into their riding. What makes me love MOTO GP SOO SOOO MUCH over F1 is the how much more the rider (driver) input is than in F1.

I love this discussion thread guys and love your inputs. Please keep it coming and watch these two titles if you guys could. They're fabulous movies narrated by Ewan McGregor.
Old 7th July 2008, 09:50   #89
BHPian

if it was Stoner he would have cried all week,...

thats doctor & his passion towards riding fast.. & hence nobody in this era can match his fan following....

hats off to Rossi...
Old 8th July 2008, 17:41   #90
BHPian

Rossi is all time best..but guess what, i have never seen a more commited rider than pedrosa. The little spaniard is a marvel to watch. remember the time when he broke his wrist and still finished 2nd. i guess he didn't come for the celebrations that day. Any one remember which race it was???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks