Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 10:03   #91
BHPian

Stoner has taken pole and Pedrossa is right after him. Rossi heads the 3rd row.

Would love to see Stoner and Pedrossa stick to each other for a while during the race because :

1. Each guy breaks away when leading. It would allow us to see who is the better rider of the two while pressurizing the other in front of him we get to see and see overtaking moves.

2. It would allow Rossi to catch up with the 2 if he dials in some good settings in the morning warm up.

else it would end up being like a boring F1 race.
Old 14th July 2008, 08:52   #92
BHPian

Was a very eventful race. Dani rocket-ed away from word go and within wink of an eye, by lap 4, was 7 seconds away from 2nd placed Casey. Then, they say rain is a great leveller, and Dani lost his front end kissing terra firma.
Casey reacted well to this and upped his pace. Chris and West, regarded as rain masters were stormin thru the field. One moment it looked as if Chris'd pass Vale for 2nd, but The Doctor started to find grip and challenged Casey for fastest lap stakes many times in the race. But, the Duke's poke was too much for Yam to catch up and Casey posted a 1.32.7 lapper... Backmarkers also didn't have any plans to spoil Casey's party, Toni Elias reciprocated Vale for his Love Story of previous race by comin in his way (not intentionally though) and helped Casey shave another 2 seconds of Vale. That marked the final nail in the Docs pursuit.
Meanwhile, Chris humbled by Vale was battling it out with rookie Dovizsioso till the last lap and finished on the last step of the podium.
Jorge looks to be in eternal love with mother earth and it showed again. Marco also seemed to be at the helm of proving why he and Duke should part ways.
Good race to sum up.

Laguna Seca is up next week before the much needed summer gap for many riders.
Old 14th July 2008, 09:34   #93
BHPian

Even when Pedders took an awesome lead up front I knew it counted for nothing coz he hates riding in the wet...And he proved his critics right.

2nd after staring from the 3rd row was more than Rossi could ask for coz Stoner was in sublime form (but again, probably coz no one in front of him) and Vermuelen lost his sting once it stopped raining and track conditions stablizied...

Waiting to see what happens in the US now...Hope Stoner again does not run away like last year, coz then I will end up going back to bed half way through the race.
Old 14th July 2008, 09:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Meanwhile, Chris humbled by Vale was battling it out with rookie Dovizsioso till the last lap and finished on the last step of the podium.
it was not Dovizsioso but Alexis de angelis,

i just love Alex de angelis style of riding, simply too good.. ,

same goes with 250cc rider Alvaro Bautista.. brilliant, he showed his class by adjusting to rainy conditions even though he hates it...brilliant ride from dropping to 17th to finally end @3rd, one or two more laps he would have passed barbera for sure...

these 2 are my current favourite riders...

as usual Rossi shows how a great rider he is .. he was away from stoners fastest lap by just 0.03 seconds.. had he not lost time at the begining.. results would be different...

looking forward to US motogp edition..

Old 14th July 2008, 09:43   #95
BHPian

what a race!! I enjoyed every bit of it. Well said five46, sanjay and turbo. Chris was doing goood pace in the rain
Old 14th July 2008, 17:10   #96
BHPian

Errata

@Sanjay
You're right Sanjay, it was Alex and he rode a real good race as well. He didn't make life any easy for Chris and made him to earn his podium...
Alex has had some good qualifyin positions this season, only a matter of time for him to convert them into podium finishes...
Old 14th July 2008, 21:59   #97
BHPian

Rossi back in the championship points lead. He got up to 2nd from 7th. His typical recovering ability. Pedrosa like some of you said showed his dislike towards the rain riding. I like the fact that the lead that rossi has now is 16 points which is great !!
Old 15th July 2008, 10:15   #98
BHPian

sooner or later, stoner is coming close, by the end of the season it will be neck to neck. none of them can now afford to make a mistake. Interesting season.
Old 15th July 2008, 10:26   #99
BHPian

casey stoner is going strong from race to race and i think he might retain his world cahmpionship title. anyways pedrosa and rossi are also going great but would like to see stoner win again.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
casey stoner is going strong from race to race and i think he might retain his world cahmpionship title. anyways pedrosa and rossi are also going great but would like to see stoner win again.
Interesting that there's rivalry amongst fans ! I want Rossi to win !
Old 16th July 2008, 20:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Looks very possible. But Rossi looks to be in better form.
Old 16th July 2008, 21:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Stoner is getting better and better with every race though was lagging behind since the start of the season. I too feel he will retain the title though he has a 20 point deficit in the overall points with Rossi leading.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:35   #103
BHPian

Hey guys, US GP this weekend, and practice starts today, whats everybody's take on this

Is it Going to be Rossi All the way considering the fact he has won on this track in 2005 rest all the years he ended up with some problem, or stoner undefeated 4 races in a row this season.
Pedrosa Still to give a fitness test.
BEN SPIES??? AMA champion at this track is positive of the competition, riding the Rizla Suzuki along with Chris Vermeulen.
NIcky Hayden with a special Helmet design for the american race.
Lorenzo... debut race on this TRACK.

All news from motogp.com hehehe!!
Old 21st July 2008, 07:24   #104
BHPian

Hey folks!
Just watch the repeat telecast of the US GP that was live from 02.30 hrs this morning, at 15.30 on Star Sports. Just watch it and hit this thread back...
Old 21st July 2008, 10:07   #105
BHPian

what a sissi stoner is, cry baby.... always moaning when losing... u stoner,try to be a real man... it happens in practical world...

the race just showed why rossi is immortal.... rossi had inferior machine for sure... & it is late braking & the balance to take the tight corner which makes great racers...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks