Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:58   #3751
BHPian

Wow what an amazing race in Brazil. I was so confident that Hamilton had nailed it it the first half of the race, when he was running 4th or 5th.

As for Glock's pace, 4 out of the top 5 runners decided to pit for wet weather tires, he did not, and hence paid the price. If he had pitted like the others, he would have been "safely" behind Hamilton and Vettel for the rest of the race. So I see no foul play here on his part. Both his and Trulli's (who was also on dry tires) lap times were in the 1:44's while Hamilton's and Vettel's was in the 1:26's.

As for BMW's lack of pace, I think they stopped spending money on their 08 car as soon as they won that first race with Kubica. Their only aim right now is to build a strong car for 2009 and hence they're spending all their resources on it.

Btw here's a fun fact: McLaren spent a whopping $7.5 million dollars on the last race, rechecking and re-analyzing every part on Hamilton's car and running their supercomputers overtime to assess other teams' strengths and weaknesses.

That's a lot of money considering that the McLaren was using the same engine and chassis from the last race and to think that Hamilton almost lost it until the last corner must have given them the shivers.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:15   #3752
Senior - BHPian

@Aditya

Yea it was crazy. Because when Massa crossed the finish line everyone went up and where shouting and screaming in joy for massa. BUT THEN to everyones shock..from the commentator " NO WAIT TIMO GLOCK HAS SLOWED DOWN FOR SOME REASON, HAMILTON TAKES 5th POSITION"

That was pure music to my ears. The entire WORLD sat back in their seat. Incl most in the room and there i was with another Mclaren FAN...Screeming our lungs out and banging on the desk and chairs. Abusing etc.... We went mad for those few moments.

McLAREN are back and how!!

LEWIS HAMITON IS CHAMPION!!!
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:54   #3753
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Massa won more races than anyone this season! !

With a little deliberate help from Kimi no doubt!

I am pleased for Lewis after all the travails over the past couple of years. I felt sorry for Massa but each won fair and square. I hope Massa gets a chance to win next year mosr because he is a deserving candidate.

My bets are next years - lots of action between , Lewis, Massa, Alonso Vettil, and some seasoning from Kimi and Kubica

I nearly missed the race. The TOI had a viewing, I went and the restaraunt could not get Star Sports. The cable operator was AWOL. An police comissioner was there so he sent a constable to fetch the operator. The organisor suggested I go home to watch it instead. They only got connected on the last lap!
Old 4th November 2008, 00:12   #3754
BHPian

I think this is the best shot Massa ever had at the WDC. I don't see him as a serious contender next year, especially since Kimi, Alonso and even Hamilton will be back with a vengeance. That summed up his emotions in parc ferme at the end of the race.

It's kind of like Kimi's years in Mclaren, when no matter how hard he would try, he would always lose out to someone for the WDC due to various reasons.

But he had an option, switching to Ferrari, and we saw the results immediately. As for Massa, he has no other option. He's already in the best team in Formula 1 right now, and I highly doubt that someone like him would be as comfortable with "lesser" teams like McLaren, Renault or even BMW as he is with Ferrari.

Drivers like Kimi, Alonso and even Hamilton don't need the best equipment in the market to win a championship, but drivers like Massa do.
Old 4th November 2008, 01:42   #3755
F50
Senior - BHPian

What a race, drama at its best! Heart break for Massa.
Massa did what he had to, he won. But it was poor show by Hamilton. He was lucky and the championship fell in his lap. Anyways, its over. Lewis is champion and he will bore many people by praising himself. Sadly, even BMWs were off the pace, if that wasnt the case, 5th would have been a distant dream.

Thanks Vettel for giving us some hope and to cheer about by 'overtaking'(OMG! Overtaking!!) Hamilton. May be yesterday Vettel was carrying those made of steel which Lewis has too many! But whatever Ron and Lewis say, Lewis had his and Ron' in his mouth when Vettel overtook him. It was not at all a champion's drive. Spending $7.5 millions just to make it to 5th place? Sad.

Congrats Ferrari. You surely had the best car on track. 8 race wins, two 1-2 finishes, 19 podiums. cheers:

09 season will be fun, Massa gunning to win the title, Kimi - i hope he recovers, Alonso will have a strong car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
If questions are to be thrown...then

1) Was Kubica paid by FERRARi..??? Or wants a seat there..??
2) What made Vettel Stay behind Massa although he could have taken the race lead..on a number of occasions..???
3) Did vettel get a call later on in the race from ferrari..??
1) If Kubica was high or on coke, what was Hamilton on when he overtook Alonso to un-lap himself. If Lewis does thats ok, Kubica does he is zonked! Waah Champion ko itna liberty milta hai?
2) There is small and simple funda, when the car is light it runs the fastest. Vettel was getting light and hence he was catching Massa. Later he dived in the pits to fill his car which something known as Fuel.
3) Oh no! You thought he got a call in the race? He drives a car whose heart reads something like this - Ferrari.

And you tell me what was Force India doing? Hamilton passed Fisi as if he was a backmarker. Is Mallya trying too hard to bag Mercedes engine and gearbox?

Hey Dan do onething, send all of your above questions to espnstar.com.
And ask them to feature it in 'Stump the Slater.' It will be fun
Old 4th November 2008, 02:54   #3756
BHPian

Wishes to LH and my heart goes with Massa. It was worth to watch the whole race with the rain boosting the pulse rate in last few laps. This was a perfect race for Massa and Vettel the adrenalin pumped up.watching the race.

I wish the F1 upgrades circuits to encourage more overtaking manovures.
Now 2009 should be fun to watch with more contenders - Kimi, Massa, Alonso, LH, Kubica and the newbies - Vettel and Piquet

Good luck guys

Waiting for the Australian GP to watch the action.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:12   #3757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
But it was poor show by Hamilton. He was lucky and the championship fell in his lap. Anyways, its over. Lewis is champion and he will bore many people by praising himself.

Dude, Hamilton did what was necessary of him. That's enough. The luck factor? Yes. Everyone needs it. Besides, Glock was never supposed to be there. He hadn't pitted. Remember, in 2007 Hamilton beached his car in Shanghai because he hadn't changed tyres. Glock didn't beach his car, but, couldn't control it in the wet. I've mentioned in my earlier posts, that Massa needed a win and some luck. He got the win, but, not the luck.
Quote:
But whatever Ron and Lewis say, Lewis had his and Ron' in his mouth when Vettel overtook him. It was not at all a champion's drive. Spending $7.5 millions just to make it to 5th place? Sad.
What? Again, they did what was just necessary. McLaren Mercedes had the money and they spent it in the proper way. And please tell me what you mean by a "Champion's Drive."
Quote:
Congrats Ferrari. You surely had the best car on track. 8 race wins, two 1-2 finishes, 19 podiums. cheers:
True. Best car on the track for sure.
Quote:
09 season will be fun, Massa gunning to win the title, Kimi - i hope he recovers, Alonso will have a strong car.
Certainly. Hope what you're saying is true. It'll be a great season and I'm looking forward to watching it.
Quote:
And you tell me what was Force India doing? Hamilton passed Fisi as if he was a backmarker. Is Mallya trying too hard to bag Mercedes engine and gearbox?
Maybe Ferrari gave them a sick engine.
All in all, whether you like it or not, Hamilton is THE Worth Formula 1 World Champion. He's YOUR Formula 1 World Champion. Live with the facts, buddy!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th November 2008 at 08:24.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:45   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Drivers like Kimi, Alonso and even Hamilton don't need the best equipment in the market to win a championship, but drivers like Massa do.
Agree with you about Masa.

Kimi,Alonso for sure dont need the best equipment.Kimi caught attention even during his Sauber days - he was QUICK.

I would rate Alonso slightly better than Kimi(Though I hate to say this - Maybe the Renault mechanics who wore the " Schumacher - who???" T-shirt at the end of 2005 season has got something to do with this).He won races this year with a inferior car and his hands on the ever improving Renault in 2008 can be clearly seen.

For LH,we havent seen him yet on a struggling car \ second rung team.Though its not his mistake,its a fact that he came to the paddock with a better car.Maybe what he does when Mclaren have a slightly off season would show us who he really is.
I am not degrading LH,just saying that with time he can proove himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

All in all, whether you like it or not, Hamilton is THE Worth Formula 1 World Champion. He's YOUR Formula 1 World Champion. Live with the facts, buddy!
Yupp.

Whatever we argue,Mclaren had to carry the CHEATERS tag in 2007.No one can change that.

Likewise,Glock or no Glock,the bottomline is LH is the WDC for 2008 and the No1 will adorn his car in 2009 season.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:59   #3759
Team-BHP Support

Well said, jraj.
McLaren cheated in 2007 and carried a tainted image. No one can change that.
Same way, this year LH is the WDC winner and Team Ferrari has deservingly won the WCC. These are the facts and we have to live with them.
Old 4th November 2008, 09:10   #3760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
For LH,we havent seen him yet on a struggling car \ second rung team.Though its not his mistake,its a fact that he came to the paddock with a better car.Maybe what he does when Mclaren have a slightly off season would show us who he really is.
I am not degrading LH,just saying that with time he can proove himself.

He didnt come with a better car.. The car was built around him and Mclaren have vastly improved to give him THE BEST CAR on the track. This was his "off season" iam sure he'll learn from his mistakes this season and probably wrap the c'ship up early next year.
He has proven him self by WINNING the world championship.

Atleast he did not try what some drivers did years ago...by trying and SHUNTING the other driver off the track.
Someone also mentioned in another thread
For all the Tifosi hardcore guys, no facts will ever be enough.
All the tactics Ferrari or any other team have done to secure their stand/points will be ignored conveniently at this time.
Sad!

@ F-50

READ THIS:

LEWIS HAMILTON IS CHAMPION!

Last edited by danlalan : 4th November 2008 at 09:12.
Old 4th November 2008, 09:33   #3761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Which race did Massa win with Kimi's deliberate help!?
Old 4th November 2008, 09:48   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Massa won more races than anyone this season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The only one race where Kimi may have let him pass under team orders wasn't won by Massa. Didn't understand what exactly you were referring to?

Last edited by suman : 4th November 2008 at 09:49.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:04   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
probably wrap the c'ship up early next year.
Not if Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Kubica, & hopefully Heikki have anything to say about it !

Quote:
Atleast he did not try what some drivers did years ago... by trying and SHUNTING the other driver off the track.
"WonderBoy" isn't known for his non-violent driving tactics either !

Quote:
All the tactics Ferrari or any other team have done to secure their stand/points will be ignored conveniently at this time.
This by definition is what Tifosi, & for that matter all fans (even those of McLaren) do isn't it ? And what would any sport be without fans ?

McLaren have ended their 8-year WDC drought & that too with an English driver, the only thing better would've been the WCC. 2008 was a good year, I'd have preferred Red to Silver, but you can't win 'em all & at the end of the day, it's the sport that matters.

Next year, with the new regulations, the cars should look a whole lot cleaner (although I wish they hadn't axed the wider-cars proposal). And we'd be having slicks, KERS, & stuff - no wonder a lot of teams stopped developing their cars early this year.

It's going to be a real toss-up & it's impossible to predict who'll have the car advantage next year. If we're lucky we could be having the cars closer than it's been these past few years (decades ?). I for one, 'am looking forward to March 2009

Last edited by im_srini : 4th November 2008 at 10:05.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:09   #3764
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
He has proven him self by WINNING the world championship.

Atleast he did not try what some drivers did years ago...by trying and SHUNTING the other driver off the track.
Someone also mentioned in another thread
Sad!

@ F-50

READ THIS:

LEWIS HAMILTON IS CHAMPION!
@danlalan, agreed lewis is champion, but he is champion not because HE WON, he is champion because someone lost.

Thats all i want say.

He is a rocking driver and will beat Shumis record of 7 championships, but this year, am sorry, he is a champion on paper, but not a real champion.

cheers,
AC
Old 4th November 2008, 11:19   #3765
BHPian

Man, some of the comments by the Tifosi here are truly sad.

By their own logic, Lewis lost the 07 WDC rather then Kimi wining it. So Massa would have been a more deserving WDC (this year) as compared to Kimi (last year), because Kimi won only due to Lewis's and McLarens mistakes last year. But I dont see it that way, Kimi won because he was doing the right thing at the right time.
Also Lewis was stripped of his win at "Spa" and peanlised for cutting the chicane to overtake Vettel at the French GP, and that was a penalty which cost him dearly. Had those incidents not happened he would have sewed up the WDC by China.

Is it so damn hard to accept that McLaren will have #1 on their car next year?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks