Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 16:34   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
So who is going to S'pore to watch the first ever F1 Night race?

I know Suman is going, anyone else from T-BHP?
I think Vidyut was planning to, not sure if he eventually is though..........I wonder if Nitin Bhag is going to be there too since its in his backyard, so to speak.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:48   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone see the preview of the track that they showed after the race. Looked pretty amazing. Some 3 straights along with sharp left and right handers. I think webber and another redbull car went through the track.
Old 15th September 2008, 17:20   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Did anyone see the preview of the track that they showed after the race. Looked pretty amazing. Some 3 straights along with sharp left and right handers. I think webber and another redbull car went through the track.
Yes I saw it. It wasn't for real. It was only a simulation with graphics (Weber & Borudais) but it looked really good. Looking forward to the Singapore GP

Krishnan
Old 15th September 2008, 17:52   #3004
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Seeing an unsuspecting contender win a race always takes me to the top of the world! Congratulations Vettel for driving a flawless race and keeping a Mclaren at bay. I think Hamilton drove an amazing race too, in fact he gave us a majority of the excitement. What a way to minimise the quali-fiasco by bridging the gap to Massa. Totally fab!

Quote:
So did Mark Webber - he caught up with Hamilton just as Hamilton caught up with the pack ahead of him (Alonso, Hiedfeld, Massa) lapping 2 secs per lap quicker.
I was disappointed at Hamilton's lack of aggression the minute he caught up with Massa. I wish he had atleast tried to overtake. Am sure everyone was looking forward to a battle between the championship leaders.

Quote:
He did a brilliant job getting up from 14 to where he ended up, but would he have won? I doubt it.
Actually, he had a strong chance. Hamilton was clearly on a one-stopper and was filled up to the brim in his only planned pitstop. He was up to 2nd spot - a second.xx behind Vettel - when he jumped in for his only stop (Vettel also had a pitstop left). If the conditions had stayed the same, but then too many if's right? Mind you, on the wet race track, the mclaren uses its rubber well and the full wets would have lasted till the flag. Buttttttttttttttttttttt the track dried up forcing him to pit for intermediates (which were clearly faster). The unplanned stop was what got him to the back of the pack again.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:21   #3005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Buttttttttttttttttttttt the track dried up forcing him to pit for intermediates (which were clearly faster).
We know how well he wears out tyres.
He could have stayed on the extremes if he was the kind of guy who could conserve tyres if the need arises.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:24   #3006
F50
Senior - BHPian

The 'unexpected' happened. lol
Drivers unhappy about Hamilton's on-track antics.
F1 Live Link

I would like to quote Timo Glock's statement from the above link.

"I do not know what he was thinking. I was right next to him but he left me no room. Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track," the German is quoted as saying by RTL.

"The next time I am with him (on track), I will behave with him in exactly the same way," Glock promised.

Jaa mere sher !!
Old 15th September 2008, 18:36   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
The 'unexpected' happened. lol
Drivers unhappy about Hamilton's on-track antics.
F1 Live Link

"I do not know what he was thinking. I was right next to him but he left me no room. Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track," the German is quoted as saying by RTL.

"The next time I am with him (on track), I will behave with him in exactly the same way," Glock promised.

Jaa mere sher !!
Surprisingly, there's no reaction from Webber yet. I thought he would have been the first one to react as he was the one who received the roughest treatment from the Mr. hotshot.

Krishnan
Old 15th September 2008, 21:46   #3008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

He should. It will be fun to watch. Last year Alonso was doing it. This year no one is doing it. Let's see if he has the........ In a slow, win starved Toyota, I don't think so.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:48   #3009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Surprisingly, there's no reaction from Webber yet. I thought he would have been the first one to react as he was the one who received the roughest treatment from the Mr. hotshot.
Do you want me to quote Webber from his Jaguar days?
Old 15th September 2008, 23:04   #3010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jaa mere sher !!
Hahahaha... The only time glock would get close to hamilton in the remainder of the season is when hamilton comes to lap him. Thats the time he may make it a little tough for him but then stewards are always watching so...
Glock forced himself onto the grass. He knows a better car is in his mirrors why try and cause yourself difficulties. Just let the man pass. But no Glock had to try and hold him up and then blame hamilton.
I am not much of a hamilton fan but hamiltons drive was nothing short of AWESOME. I think it was even better than Vettels.
Had he come out a bit earlier in qualifying, things would have been a lot more different. BUTTTT then only if...

Last edited by danlalan : 15th September 2008 at 23:08.
Old 15th September 2008, 23:19   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
He knows a better car is in his mirrors why try and cause yourself difficulties. Just let the man pass. But no Glock had to try and hold him up and then blame hamilton.
What kind of logic does this statement have?
Unless he was being lapped by hamilton, he had no reason to let him past just because it was a "better car".

Forget Toyota,bro.
Do you remember the number of laps Fisichella in a Force India(the worst) car kept Hamilton behind him in a race,this season?
Old 15th September 2008, 23:20   #3012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I think Vidyut was planning to, not sure if he eventually is though..........I wonder if Nitin Bhag is going to be there too since its in his backyard, so to speak.
Was planning to Suman, but am still here in Los Angeles. Will be back only on the 29th. So ruled out.
Old 15th September 2008, 23:32   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What kind of logic does this statement have?
Unless he was being lapped by hamilton, he had no reason to let him past just because it was a "better car".

Forget Toyota,bro.
Do you remember the number of laps Fisichella in a Force India(the worst) car kept Hamilton behind him in a race,this season?
Its perfect sense. Why create a problem for yourself when you know theres a faster car coming up behind you. Yes it is motor racing and they were racing down that order but then when you know hes passed you just back off. Dont make things difficult for your ownself.

He kept a Ferrari more in his mirrors than he did to a Mclaren!!!
Old 16th September 2008, 00:09   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
So who is going to S'pore to watch the first ever F1 Night race?

I know Suman is going, anyone else from T-BHP?
I am going to watch the gp. I have just bought a walk about tickets. It gives the ticket holders access to the track at various sections. No seats, nothing. Its going to be tough to get a decent spot unless I make it to the circuit much before the race.

If anyone who know the topography of the place suggest a good place to watch the race from. Yellowish green color in the image are the walk about areas.
Attached Thumbnails
The official F1 grand prix discussion & prediction thread. Post all predictions here.-circuit-map.jpg  

Old 16th September 2008, 00:12   #3015
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
He should. It will be fun to watch. Last year Alonso was doing it. This year no one is doing it. Let's see if he has the........ In a slow, win starved Toyota, I don't think so.
Quote:
Hahahaha... The only time glock would get close to hamilton in the remainder of the season is when hamilton comes to lap him. Thats the time he may make it a little tough for him but then stewards are always watching so...
Agreed Timo Glock's Toyota is no match but do not forget the opportunities you have to do what he said.
1) Ruin Hamilton's qualifying lap. It doesnt matter if he gets penalized or fined. Ferrari will be more than happy to send him the cheque.
2) While lapping or something rear end Hamilton, PURPOSELY, like the way Ham-burger did to Kimi in Canada. And then say "Oopsie, on-track events do occur." Rear end him under late braking. Then Glock will be more than happy to say "I had something to brake much late than the one who had something to brake late"

If one is a real race car driver, he can easily show this accident as a genuine car failure.

Im waiting for Glock to do this. Dont force him on to the grass but put him in the concrete wall!!

Quote:
Glock forced himself onto the grass. He knows a better car is in his mirrors why try and cause yourself difficulties. Just let the man pass. But no Glock had to try and hold him up and then blame hamilton.
Arrey brother, he was in Toyota territory! Why should he let him pass? So what he was in faster car? Next race if Ferraris are much faster than Mclarens will Hamilton says "Arrey nahi bhai Massa is very fast, I will let him pass"

Quote:
He kept a Ferrari more in his mirrors than he did to a Mclaren!!!
No if im right Fisi was able to hold Hamilton much much longer. Fisi was able to hold Kimi for 7 laps. It was wet. But Sakir 2008, it was dry, am I right Nitrous?

I sincerely hope that Massa wins this year. And next year Heiki should be in a good position to challenge Ham-burger for No.1 Driver in Mclaren. Someone need to shut up this chimp oops wanna be champ.

Last edited by F50 : 16th September 2008 at 00:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks