Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 11:37   #3151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Alonso fan also. Apart from being a Mclaren fan too.

And whats with Ferraris and Force India F1's. First Monaco now Singapore.

@zensible

He used to blow up engines and go into walls at Mclaren also. The best part is when he has to comment on something he'll say it in one breath and nobody will understand what he said. Not even him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
He lost the titles simply because of the doomed Mclaren in 2003 and 2005. Its not just Kimi's car which blows up eventually. If you want to quote that its the driver who blows up the engines then you need more grip on the technical aspect of F1 on the whole!

Probably, you can take a look at the results archive on the F1 website to take a look at the kind of wierd failures that happened in the Mclaren during those years. Kimi being named a Car Breaker is a Media BS!

Kimi is uniquely talented driver who came into F1 with very little KMs under his belt for the F1 Driver License and he did earn all this through merit with very little backing both political and financial!

He is suffering form which is clear and obvious things which happens in any sport.

Offtopic: Funny thing is that, we used to call the Mclaren as "Fireworks on Track" during those seasons
I agree with anachronix. A driver can be blamed if he puts his car into the wall or into another car but he cannot be blamed if the engine blows up. If anything, Kimi can take on the mantle of the "Unluckiest driver" hands down. He's got raw talent. He's the kind of guy who can just roll off his bed, get into his car & win a race. The media has a problem with his because his english is not very good & he speaks mostly in monosyllables. In fact the media (which comprises of mostly Brits) doesn't like anyone who wins but doesn't speak english as well as them.

Who can forget the European grand prix in 2005 when he crashed out in the last lap due to a suspension failure (caused due a flat spot in his front left tyre - it was the season when the entire race had to be run on 1 set of tyres). The 2005 McLaren was fast but extremely unreliable but the 2006 McLaren was neither fast nor reliable - failure ranged from blown engines, rear wing failure & in one race (US GP), Kimi was taken out by his then team mate Montoya in the first corner. If they were to put in a race now, even the Force India would beat that car.

Kimi is very desparate for a win or a podium now. That's why he tried hard to chase Glock down yesterday & ended up on the wall. He could have played it safe & bagged 4 points but that's Kimi for you. I don't know if the team came on the radio & told him to play it safe. I hope he has a better season next year.

Krishnan
Old 29th September 2008, 11:38   #3152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
He lost the titles simply because of the doomed Mclaren in 2003 and 2005. Its not just Kimi's car which blows up eventually. If you want to quote that its the driver who blows up the engines then you need more grip on the technical aspect of F1 on the whole! .....
......Offtopic: Funny thing is that, we used to call the Mclaren as "Fireworks on Track" during those seasons
Since Mika Hakkinen's last season, McLaren cars were just not good enough. You can't really blame a driver if an engine blows or the rear wing flies off. Ferrari and later Renault were the class of the field.
McLaren made a comeback only last year.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:00   #3153
BANNED

Guys! It's not yet time.
Remember last year's spying saga? These morons can blow up something similar this year too and make certain teams loose points.
Ajmat's joke on this page is really worthwhile: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hread-213.html

Kimi always had some problems with bringing home the cars. Be it Mclaren or Ferrari. He hasn't caused many technical DNFs in Ferrari when compared to his Mclaren seasons. Still, he is always behind his teammates in bringing home the car. Why so?
Is it his driving style? Or something he ignores in the joint development of the car? Or possibly due to ill relations with the mechanics? Or his lack of knowledge in technical department of his car? Possible jinx factor? Pure unluck?
Old 29th September 2008, 12:12   #3154
BHPian

Firstly, what a spectacular race it was. So very well and neatly organised by the Singapore race authorities. Surprise win by Alonso and miserable luck for Ferrari. Though being a hard core Kimi fan, i think the 08 championship is a distant dream now.

As some one mentioned, he has to take the mantle of being the unluckiest driver on the grid. Season 2003 & 2005 are evident enough. And yes Kimi is that kind of a driver who can just get out of bed, get into a race car, and win the race.

As for yesterdays incident, i think Kimi is a kind of a racer who goes for all or nothing. Love him or hate him, that guy has talent. oh.. make that immense talent
Old 29th September 2008, 13:03   #3155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Guys! It's not yet time.
Remember last year's spying saga? These morons can blow up something similar this year too and make certain teams loose points.
There was nothing blown up over there. It was a THEFT which was punished and I was surprised why the driver points were not taken off them considering they were driving an illegal car.
Old 29th September 2008, 13:14   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
If anything, Kimi can take on the mantle of the "Unluckiest driver" hands down.
Considering his track record across two separate constructors, I wouldnt agree. You cant be unlucky forever - how come the other drivers get lucky consistently?

Massa drives the same car and has been far more consistent than Kimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
He's got raw talent.
Its high time he polished it up, then. Its not like he's a rookie - he's been with the world's top two teams throughout his career and if you cant polish talent with that kind of experience, whats the point?

A driver has to be one with his vehicle - it doesnt take an awful lot of talent to keep driving without consideration for the vehicle's limits.

If I were running a team, I'd prefer a driver that gives me results and still keeps the cars running (and out of the walls) over "raw talent" - thats a win-win and thats Massa.
Old 29th September 2008, 13:15   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensible View Post
How else do you explain how he comes alive during the final 10 laps almost every race this season?
How else do you explain the fastest laps in 9 of the races this season?
How else do you explain his lack of aggression? When he does get aggressive, he screwsup like a rookie.
Those statements sum up Kimi's season. Something is not right in the Finn's head. The departure of Jean Todt's guiding force has left a big hole in the team. The pace is still there. The passion and the motivation? Only Kimi knows.

Last edited by MaserQ : 29th September 2008 at 13:17.
Old 29th September 2008, 13:33   #3158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Y'day's race was simly superb. Looks like Ferrari's Kimi will be bllwing his engines off during the next races as well. Good for McLaren at last they are on top of both the constructors and individual driver's. They should maintain this and teach couple of some lessons to Ferrari and the fedration as a whole.

Hope just he podium finishes for McLaren and Hami would ensure that they will be through with both the championships this season provided Ferrari does not play any games.
I really dont agree with this.

Ferrari sure has some loopholes which i feel has to be sorted out sooner.

Massa will surely turn tables in the coming races.cheers:- Sad he could'nt capitalise on his progress last race, but he's the man you need to watch out for.

Hamilton sure does'nt have chances for being No.1- My Prediction for this year
Old 29th September 2008, 13:40   #3159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Considering his track record across two separate constructors, I wouldnt agree. You cant be unlucky forever - how come the other drivers get lucky consistently?

Its high time he polished it up, then. Its not like he's a rookie - he's been with the world's top two teams throughout his career and if you cant polish talent with that kind of experience, whats the point?

A driver has to be one with his vehicle - it doesnt take an awful lot of talent to keep driving without consideration for the vehicle's limits.

If I were running a team, I'd prefer a driver that gives me results and still keeps the cars running (and out of the walls) over "raw talent" - thats a win-win and thats Massa.
The problem between Kimi and the F2008 has been better explained by Stephano Dominecalli where he has acknowledged that the F2008 has problems getting heat into the tyres.

The F2008's characteristic are more of an understeering car whereas Kimi prefers an oversteer setup. Its the DNA of the car which is giving tough times for Kimi and is more friendly for Massa. The mistakes he did this year is pretty bad.

In yesterday's race it was evident that Kimi had the pace,when he was catching Hamilton by over 0.6 Secs a lap after lap 10.

And you can be sure that Ferrari knows more than what you and me know about Kimi to extend his contract for another year! If Kimi was that bad no team would deliberately announce its line up and contract information for the following seasons.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:24   #3160
BHPian

WOW! Though the race was boring intially got interesting after the first safety car came out. the track was boring with little overtaking. The ambiance was just too good. The track looked futuristic. Good job Alonso..neat strategy Renault. Sheer bad luck for the Ferraris and I see the title slipping away from Massa's hands. Nice disciplined drive by Hamilton. Go Lewis go grab the title!! McLaren also looks good in winning the constructors for 2008. feels good just like the days of Mika.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:55   #3161
BANNED

When and how is FIA coming to help Ferrari this year is the big question left.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:04   #3162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What about the DNFs for both the drivers with the same car? Would you agree that the Ferraris have not demonstrated the "bulletproof" reliability that they have been famous for in earlier years?

And that McLaren now have a car that is far more reliable compared to the one that Kimi was driving last year?

As far as Kimi consistently going into the wall, as you say, I think that's a little exaggerated but to each his own - Turn 10 was a problem evejn during the practice sessions, the track also had numerous bumps that almost all the drivers complained about (at least the interviews that we saw being beamed on the track giant screens) & if you did notice, Kimi did hit a couple of them before loosing control. He was closing in on Glock so perhaps he wasn't as cautious as he should have been but, what the heck, that's F1.

Yes, he is no rookie but he hasn't been very lucky either. And neither has Massa been lucky this year, this being at least the second most recent example!
Old 30th September 2008, 15:24   #3163
BANNED

Considering the team combinations.

Hamilton sure has advantages as he has a very very reliable car, but he is no great driver.

Massa is a great driver who has taken few whiff of air from Schumi, though Ferrari has not been reliable overall, he's been driving great.

Kimi is " i care a damn racer" He is very lethal. look out for him the next season.

2008 Results:
1) Massa
2) Hamilton
3) Kubica / Kimi
Old 30th September 2008, 15:27   #3164
Senior - BHPian

This year,
If Ferrari lose the constructor's trophy,it would be because of Kimi
And If Massa loses driver's title, it would be because of Ferrari.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:06   #3165
BHPian

For ferrari to win the title,it is high time they ignore the high-tech signalling system in the pits and use the good old technique of using the lollipop man instead.

Coulthhard also ran in the same problem like massa,but his swift action in braking the car early fetched him the seventh place.Experience speaks :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks