Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:45   #3196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I would give press comments a wide berth, there must have been some quote out of context. IT would be stupid to say he is better than Senna before winning a world championshion. MAybe at this stage of his life, he is as good as Senna was at 23!
Even if it was out of context, its too sour to quote yourself comparing to a legend!

Quote:
Heiki is consistent and good, he did well at Monza climbing from 15th. Again, Lewis is the better driver but Heiki gets a better car compared to staying at Renault.
I have a lot of beleif on his potential since his days as a test driver for Renault. But, feel sad for him where he is made to play this 2nd driver role and we dont see his potential much. Oh well, we see Heikki's potential drive only when the wonder kid of Mclaren rear ends someone or just too far to score points.

Quote:
Lewis showed a lot more rationality by sticking to thrid. It was a win-win-win

Lewis gets a lead on the world champion,

His mate Nico gets a podium finish (am sure, if Massa was running 4th, he might have made an error to let Lewis through!)

Lewis is good if over aggressive, needs to hold back and learn about consistency. He needs to take up golf!
I am sure we saw last season who trips and cooks up under pressure!
This season as well in Bahrain, Canada, France.

This season I've seen more maturity from Massa where he simply shuts up and drives doing the talking on track rather than cry to the media that you are a clone of some F1 great!
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:46   #3197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I wasn't a member of Team BHP when that happened.....
So, in other words, he wasted his career at Ferrari?
Or was he just not worthy enough of being a world champion?
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:49   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Mohammed Ali used to talk exactly like this but he made sure he proved every word he said (in the ring).

Hope Lewis has thought about it, or else he'l just end up making a fool of himself.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:54   #3199
BANNED

Blind hate, envy and jealousy showering on Lewis. Sad!

Just imagine the scenario if he was driving for Ferrari.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:55   #3200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
Oh well, we see Heikki's potential drive only when the wonder kid of Mclaren rear ends someone or just too far to score points.
Where were Heikki's talents in the 'best car of the season' at Monza??
He was outqualified and outraced by a Toro Rosso.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:59   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
So, in other words, he wasted his career at Ferrari?
Or was he just not worthy enough of being a world champion?
The 2nd one is true i guess. He's not championship material. Just a perennial 2nd fiddle.

Did you see his interview just before the Singapore GP on Start Sports? The interviewer asked him if he was happy that Nick Heidfeld was demoted by 3 places for impeding him & Ruebens replied that "It's not nice to have a friend demoted down the order". I think he's too nice & that's probably the reason why he didn't shine despite having a record number of starts. I don't think you have to have a cut-throat attitude like Lewis but some amount of killer instinct would have helped Ruebens in my honest opinion.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:00   #3202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Mohammed Ali used to talk exactly like this but he made sure he proved every word he said (in the ring).

Hope Lewis has thought about it, or else he'l just end up making a fool of himself.

Shan2nu
Well said. Lewis has got the right attitude. I hope with age, we'll certainly see him mature.

@ speedzak - N_C and I were thinking the same last Saturday.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2008 at 13:07.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:02   #3203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
The 2nd one is true i guess. He's not championship material. Just a perennial 2nd fiddle.
Great. Now where are all those Barrichello fans? Oh I forgot, they disappeared when he left Ferrari.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:46   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Blind hate, envy and jealousy showering on Lewis. Sad!

Just imagine the scenario if he was driving for Ferrari.
Bro,

I hope you have seen the era of Senna and Michael and the raw driving talents. If not, then atleast spend time on a read about that golden era.

For me to compare Lewis's name to Senna is BS. And when the driver himself wants to make it public that he is as good as the Legend, then I am running out of words for the big mouth. You call it sad or jealous, thats the way it is.

Michael used to win races with his Benetton Team. He WON his name and did lot of talking on track and he is the greatest driver. Lewis has his own league of talent which is good for F1, but his mouth simply stinks!
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:52   #3205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great. Now where are all those Barrichello fans? Oh I forgot, they disappeared when he left Ferrari.
Fans for Barrichello

Probably they are queuing behind Heikki , the best 2nd fiddle of the 2008 Season. Thanks to Ron & company!
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:17   #3206
BHPian

Ferrari had a clear hierarchy and always let world know who their No1 Driver was during Schumi's days.I think Ruben's was happy being No2 in a Champion team just like Heiki now.
But how about Mclaren who kept on insisting in 2007 that they treat both driver's equally and even the wonderkid kept insisting on the same.I really wonder what would have happend if Heiki too claimed equality this season.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:42   #3207
Team-BHP Support

If Heikki is indeed unhappy with the way he's being treated at McLaren, he's free to join another team. Ron's not stopping him. Besides, Heikki hasn't said anything as yet and you lot are only speculating. I suggest Ferrari fans stop worrying about McLaren and start thinking about team Ferrari who seem to be messing up pit stops and whose drivers seem to be spinning or crashing into walls.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:04   #3208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Heikki is indeed unhappy with the way he's being treated at McLaren, he's free to join another team. Ron's not stopping him. Besides, Heikki hasn't said anything as yet and you lot are only speculating. I suggest Ferrari fans stop worrying about McLaren and start thinking about team Ferrari who seem to be messing up pit stops and whose drivers seem to be spinning or crashing into walls.
There was no one to take Heikki last season and there is nobody who wants Heikki this season as well. He is in the same position as good as Nelson Piquet this season. So any driver would love to keep themselves connected to F1 either as a test driver! There is no wonder in why Heikki isnt complaining. That doesnt make Ron as Mr.Integrity as we could see his equality lessons when he quoted "We were racing Alonso and not Kimi" when Lewis parked his car for "China Tea" near the China Pitstop on the gravel traps.

Quote:
I suggest Ferrari fans stop worrying about McLaren and start thinking about team Ferrari who seem to be messing up pit stops and whose drivers seem to be spinning or crashing into walls.
We arent worried friend! My signature would probably give you an answer about Ferrari's problems at the moment. 2004 will repeat soon! cheers:
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:27   #3209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
There was no one to take Heikki last season and there is nobody who wants Heikki this season as well. He is in the same position as good as Nelson Piquet this season. So any driver would love to keep themselves connected to F1 either as a test driver! There is no wonder in why Heikki isnt complaining.
It suits him fine. I don't see any reason for Ferrari fans on this site to worry about him.
Quote:
That doesnt make Ron as Mr.Integrity as we could see his equality lessons when he quoted "We were racing Alonso and not Kimi" when Lewis parked his car for "China Tea" near the China Pitstop on the gravel traps.
That's for Lewis, Fernando, Ron, Nobert and Team McLaren and maybe their fans to worry about. Besides, no one is a saint in F1.
You should be happy that Ferrari won, not happy that McLaren crashed out. That would be negative thinking.
Quote:
We arent worried friend! My signature would probably give you an answer about Ferrari's problems at the moment. 2004 will repeat soon! cheers:
Excellent! That's the spirit! Stop bashing other drivers unnecessarily and cheer your idol on.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:11   #3210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's for Lewis, Fernando, Ron, Nobert and Team McLaren and maybe their fans to worry about. Besides, no one is a saint in F1.
You should be happy that Ferrari won, not happy that McLaren crashed out. That would be negative thinking.
It was not a crash and I am NOT happy to see that happen to any driver!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks