Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 21:55   #3256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Great. Now where are all those Barrichello fans? Oh I forgot, they disappeared when he left Ferrari.
Right behind him till date. Maybe because he was an underdog at Ferrari. Just that he's stopped performing now. I was glad when he moved to Honda in 2006, 2005 had been a great season for Honda, but sadly enough Honda has not had a good year since then.
I mostly keep an eye out till date though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
IIt's actually hilarious to think that, a Schumi fan will feel jealous about a driver who is yet to win a championship.
You could not have said this better.

manson.
Old 9th October 2008, 01:15   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
The speed of work is amazing! And the quality is simply the best. All the metal used is scanned with laser equipments for any unwanted curves and to achieve pinpoint precision in size.
There's a Ferrari village coming up in the island which is claimed to be the biggest/best in the world.
The lighting is also claimed to be very unique with all the latest technologies utilised which will make the whole island and the track look out of this world. Guys! This will be a rocking event.
Most of the new tracks are crap. Turkey, China, Valencia are boring lifeless tracks. Abu Dhabi will probably be the same. Don't see how a "Ferrari Village" next to the track will make the race rocking. The Canadian GP this year had tarmac which was literally being peeled off by the cars. And it still made for a much more fun and interesting GP than any of the above I mentioned (China will probably be boring as hell too), so the laser equipment being used to make sure that there are no imperfections in any material doesn't automatically make the GP any more fun than it can be. Same with the lighting; it just attracts more people. The Singapore GP, if held at daytime, would've been a thoroughly boring affair. There was one real overtaking spot on the whole lap. The result was decided by the safety car, even though Alonso deserved the win. And Bernie is constantly threatening to take Silverstone off the calendar so he can make more money by holding races in gulf countries which pay a lot more money.

The "classics" produce many more fun races consistently. Why not hold a race at Laguna Seca, San Marino or even Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) to name a few?
Old 9th October 2008, 01:25   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Here's a prediction...

B.Senna to join Mclaren in 2010.

But looks like for 2009 he might join toro rosso or honda.
Old 9th October 2008, 01:34   #3259
BANNED

I'd pray he should drive for Force India.
Then, 2010 in a Honda. 2011 in a Mclaren. Amen!
Old 9th October 2008, 01:41   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'd pray he should drive for Force India.
Then, 2010 in a Honda. 2011 in a Mclaren. Amen!
HAhahaha...will do Atleast till 2011 C'ship will be with Mclaren and Hamilton... then it will be Mclaren and Senna.
Old 9th October 2008, 09:20   #3261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
HAhahaha...will do Atleast till 2011 C'ship will be with Mclaren and Hamilton... then it will be Mclaren and Senna.
That will be Senna & Senna driving for Mclaren in 2011
Old 10th October 2008, 10:48   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Most of the new tracks are crap. Turkey, China, Valencia are boring lifeless tracks. Abu Dhabi will probably be the same. Don't see how a "Ferrari Village" next to the track will make the race rocking. The Canadian GP this year had tarmac which was literally being peeled off by the cars. And it still made for a much more fun and interesting GP than any of the above I mentioned (China will probably be boring as hell too), so the laser equipment being used to make sure that there are no imperfections in any material doesn't automatically make the GP any more fun than it can be. Same with the lighting; it just attracts more people. The Singapore GP, if held at daytime, would've been a thoroughly boring affair. There was one real overtaking spot on the whole lap. The result was decided by the safety car, even though Alonso deserved the win. And Bernie is constantly threatening to take Silverstone off the calendar so he can make more money by holding races in gulf countries which pay a lot more money.

The "classics" produce many more fun races consistently. Why not hold a race at Laguna Seca, San Marino or even Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) to name a few?
As much as it's a good thing that new circuits are coming up, I also quite agree with him.

Formula one of late has lost some of its old charm, with boring lifeless tracks mentioned in the post above. Circuits like Valencia, Bahrain and now even Singapore.

I remember how hard it was for the drivers to defend their position on tracks like the Indy and even Montreal and now we have these "wannabe" circuits who want to steal all the thunder away from them.

Sometimes I seriously wonder why I still watch Formula One. If you want some REAL racing these days, you're better off with some of the newer format IRL races and even the American LeMans and GT Series (For North American viewers).
Old 10th October 2008, 16:43   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Guys, let us now discuss the Japanese GP! The action has already started at Fuji circuit....!

In the Practice session today, Timo Glock (Toyota) was the fastest on the grid, followed closely by Alonso, Hammy, Massa and Kimi!

More details here: F1 : Glock on top with Toyota - FUJI - F1-Live.com
Old 10th October 2008, 23:26   #3264
Senior - BHPian

1. Timo Glock Germany Toyota-Toyota 01:18.363
2. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault-Renault 01:18.426
3. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 01:18.463
4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:18.491
5. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari-Ferrari 01:18.725
6. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 01:18.734

Glock was a suprise there. Sad to see Kubica(11) and Heildfeld(19) at the bottom. If Heildfeld does get a strong finish on SUNDAY then he takes over kimi in points standing. Those Bemmers are usually strong. Seems like they've run into trouble.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:43   #3265
Senior - BHPian

BMW is generally lacklustre in the practice sessions , probably their way of hiding whatever they're upto.

My prediction for this race:
Massa
Raikkonen
Kubica
Old 11th October 2008, 00:06   #3266
BHPian

Its really good to see Renault and Alonso posting good times right from Singapore practice, the team seemed to have worked very hard for the current season itself though we are in the near end of it.
The battle for the 4th place in the constructors championship is getting hotter and hotter.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:14   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BMW is generally lacklustre in the practice sessions , probably their way of hiding whatever they're upto.

Massa
Raikkonen
Kubica
SPEEDZAK if your reading this.

My prediction for the Jap GP
1) Hamilton
2) Massa
3) Alonso

INTO WALL AS USUAL for Kimi no no no wait this time blown engine. Nooo wait wall.

Prediction for QUALIFYING :\

1) Massa
2) Lewis
3) Kubica
4) Raikko
Old 11th October 2008, 02:18   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
INTO WALL AS USUAL for Kimi no no no wait this time blown engine. Nooo wait wall.
Hilarious, sad and true!

Quote:
Massa
Raikkonen
Kubica
Let me guess - Ferrari Fan? Tifosi? come on give us a realistic predictions based on the figures below.

Quote:
1. Timo Glock Germany Toyota-Toyota 01:18.363
2. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault-Renault 01:18.426
3. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 01:18.463
4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 01:18.491
5. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari-Ferrari 01:18.725
6. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 01:18.734

Glock was a suprise there. Sad to see Kubica(11) and Heildfeld(19) at the bottom. If Heildfeld does get a strong finish on SUNDAY then he takes over kimi in points standing. Those Bemmers are usually strong. Seems like they've run into trouble.
Nice practice timings. Nice to see Alonso carrying his form from the last race. He may be arrogant but high time the ex champion deserved a win.

My Prediction - Its going to be the decider of the season and one hell of a race.
Old 11th October 2008, 07:34   #3269
BHPian

Was following the second practice session on net yesterday.Commentry mentioned that the track was very severe on tyres and esply rear tyres grained a lot under dry condition.
So if the race occurs on a dry track then Mclaren,esply Hamilton,could be in a spot of bother as he is very harsh on his tyres.As a Tifosi,my wishlist is Masa\Kimi\Hamilton :-)
Old 11th October 2008, 07:39   #3270
BANNED

My wish:
Hamilton
Kovalanein
Glock

I predict:
Massa
Hamilton
Raikkonen

This is for the pole position. Mind it!
Closed Thread