Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 11:37   #3406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
There's no rule saying you can't unlap yourself.
Absolutely correct. But have you ever seen anyone unlap themselves immediately after being lapped? Since he was lapped on the closing lap itself & Alonso had already slowed down, don't you feel that Hamilton could have floored the pedal & stayed well ahead of him before being lapped?

Instead of reacting immediately after being lapped - the jinxing that he did to get out from behind Alonso which was highly exaggerated? Why get into a blue flag waving situation in the first place?
Old 16th October 2008, 11:37   #3407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
But it was pointless for him as it would never fetch him a single championship point.
Maybe pointless. But for anyone, it's better to say I finished 2nd last rather than last. Sounds better.
The fact that he still finished last is another story. Atleast, he tried.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:43   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
Also, it is quite evident that Alonso had slowed down on the last lap. How else can you explain Hamilton pulling away from him after unlapping himself.
Remember one more thing. If you are on the same lap as the leader you get to finish the full quota of laps. If you are a lap down, you don't. Hamilton's idea was right. If a car ahead of him failed to finish, he would gain a place.
Yes.Alonso had slowed down and this was evident from the way LH pulled away from him.
But even then I dont understand the point about him gaining a place.He finished 12th right?Even if he gained a place it wouldn't matter.Can understand his move if he had been running 9th and chasing the car ahead to score a point.But that was not the case.For once,even the STARSports commentary team had something to say against LH.As I read somewhere on a F1 site,LH has to understand that being overtaken is a part of F1 and he neednt have a mad rush of blood.But itseems as of now,he really gets into a frenzy the moment someone overtakes him and does something which is not at all helping him in any way.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:54   #3409
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Well! Not the first time though Mclaren have ruined somebody's race.
Same goes with Ferarris and the others...

Quote:
If there are only negative things about a driver to look at?
If you see only negative things then that is all you would see. That way you think Kimi is perfect ? you think Shoemaker was perfect ? Even he was surrounded by controversy.

Quote:
Probably Mclaren would fit him with an Italian Stebel air horn to warn his fellow drivers
Why didnt you say this when Kimi crashed into Sutil ? if you were unbiased...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Keep in mind that Kimi had plenty of chances to pass Kubica (who was in an inferior car)
One coukd see this even in the previous races...

Quote:
I mean I used to be a big Kimi fan in his McLaren days because he was this aspiring driver who had the potential to beat Michael Schumacher but was mostly bogged down by an unreliable car or simply bad luck.
So was I, a big fan...

Quote:
Anyway back to Hamilton, I think there is too much media pressure on him, especially from the British press and even Ron Dennis, and him being inexperienced, he's unable handle to all that, and hence all the recent mistakes.
He's still very young and has lots to learn, which he will i'm sure with experience.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:04   #3410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Absolutely correct. But have you ever seen anyone unlap themselves immediately after being lapped?
I don't have the greatest memory, but, I think in 1994 at Canada, Michael Schumacher let his Benetton team mate JJ Lehto unlap himself. It's been really long so I don't remember if Lehto unlapped himself immediately after being lapped or no. The situation was different though and the relations between Michael and JJ were good. Michael let him do it because he wanted a forerunner on the last lap which is the sensible thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Since he was lapped on the closing lap itself & Alonso had already slowed down, don't you feel that Hamilton could have floored the pedal & stayed well ahead of him before being lapped?

Instead of reacting immediately after being lapped - the jinxing that he did to get out from behind Alonso which was highly exaggerated? Why get into a blue flag waving situation in the first place?
I can't comment on the above since neither Alonso nor Hamilton nor the stewards have said anything regarding the incident. As someone else has mentioned the stewards can see more than we can.
Anyway, it seems the drivers are going to quesyion Lewis about his driving style at Shanghai. Let's see what that throws up.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:10   #3411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Same goes with Ferarris and the others...

If you see only negative things then that is all you would see. That way you think Kimi is perfect ? you think Shoemaker was perfect ? Even he was surrounded by controversy.

Michael Schumacher:
Races: 250 (248 starts)
Championships: 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Wins: 91
Podium finishes: 154
Career points: 1,369
Pole positions: 68
Fastest laps: 76

Michael Schumacher acheived so much and those 5 incidents!
Mr. Hamilton just 33 races and not single championship and he has 5 incidents where the whole grid wants to take on him in a drivers briefing.

Quote:
There is a difference between crashing at 300KM/H in a damp track and 30 KM/H on a dry hot pit lane. And top of it justify it to be a racing incident. Oh sorry, I am biased and right?

Quote:
He's still very young and has lots to learn, which he will i'm sure with experience.
He better learns his F1 lessons quickly, else he would be in queue behind Jacques Villeneuve. I wish he learns & stays quickly!
Old 16th October 2008, 12:12   #3412
BHPian

First this..
Quote:
, i doubt it if these people ( you are refering to ) would like it if others used Names other than their own to refer to them...
..and then this???
Quote:
you think Shoemaker was perfect?
So can we say "Papa dont preach"??
I agree even I called LH with someother name.but not after Zak's post.So guys lets keep this clean.If not,lets not atleast preach.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:14   #3413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If he is still very young, he should have continued with Go Karting!
And how much more experience he needs to learn? He drove almost 2 full seasons & still drives/behaves like a kid!

Last edited by finneyp : 16th October 2008 at 12:15.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:16   #3414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
As I read somewhere on a F1 site,LH has to understand that being overtaken is a part of F1 and he neednt have a mad rush of blood.But itseems as of now,he really gets into a frenzy the moment someone overtakes him and does something which is not at all helping him in any way.
That's true. I guess that will come with age. He's just 23 and in his second season.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:22   #3415
Senior - BHPian

The whole world is against LH because he came 2nd in his debut season and is leading the title race this season - JEALOUSY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If he is still very young, he should have continued with Go Karting!
Well if that is the case then none of us should comment on anything as we haven't even sat in a F1 car !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th October 2008 at 12:24.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:24   #3416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a difference between crashing at 300KM/H in a damp track and 30 KM/H on a dry hot pit lane. And top of it justify it to be a racing incident. Oh sorry, I am biased and right?
300km/h accident or otherwise, for a driver who has completed so many laps of a track and even won on it during the course of his career, is not justified. So, either he lost control, which is his fault or he was asleep at the wheel, which is again his fault.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:39   #3417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you think Shoemaker was perfect ? Even he was surrounded by controversy.
So were you saying all that yesterday just because Zak was saying it? Or do you have a very short memory?
Quote:
He lost control & hit Sutil. Hamilton thumped into him (deliberately?) in the pit lane in a situation when even a bat (as in the "blind as a bat" variety) would have seen the cars ahead were stationery
Quote:
I don't have the greatest memory, but, I think in 1994 at Canada, Michael Schumacher let his Benetton team mate JJ Lehto unlap himself.
I cannot remember very clearly either but I don't think the lapping & the unlapping happened within moments of each other.

Quote:
Anyway, it seems the drivers are going to quesyion Lewis about his driving style at Shanghai. Let's see what that throws up.
Yeah, that will be something to look forward to :P

Last edited by suman : 16th October 2008 at 12:42.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:45   #3418
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
First this..

..and then this???

So can we say "Papa dont preach"??
I agree even I called LH with someother name.but not after Zak's post.So guys lets keep this clean.If not,lets not atleast preach.
Papa Preaches till the Mommas listen my friend... just showing that names can be used, but people wont like it. just like you didnt. You had nothing to say when names were called even after Zak and I posted about not doing so but when i did that with Schumi .

I used that name for him just because of the following :

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Let me forget what happened at the first corner but what really, really astounded me about Hamburger was what he did once Alonso lapped him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah it is. Why don't you edit my earlier post to make it say Hammie there?
Old 16th October 2008, 12:50   #3419
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Michael Schumacher acheived so much and those 5 incidents!
Mr. Hamilton just 33 races and not single championship and he has 5 incidents where the whole grid wants to take on him in a drivers briefing.
Times are different dude. Just stating facts dont do justice.

Quote:
There is a difference between crashing at 300KM/H in a damp track and 30 KM/H on a dry hot pit lane. And top of it justify it to be a racing incident. Oh sorry, I am biased and right? .
So you mean to say its ok to crash at 300kmph on a damp track is it ? I'm not saying LH was right but am saying he's not the only who has made such mistakes.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:53   #3420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Papa Preaches till the Mommas listen my friend... just showing that names can be used, but people wont like it.
Hey, no offense mate but try & acknowledge your mistake instead of trying to cover it up.

For example, I have no issues about anyone calling MS names....I could continue to call Hamilton all kinds of food but Speedzak made a request so I'm following it.

Considering that you were so vocal in your support of what he said, please try following your own advice. Before a war starts here, off the racing track.

Just my two cents here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks